welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's BIG Frickin' Horror: Austrian Sex Slave Freed
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Life's BIG Frickin' Horror: Austrian Sex Slave Freed Reply with quote

18 Year-Old Natascha Kampusch Freed after EIGHT YEARS of being locked in a basement as a sex slave.

Quote:
When Natascha Kampusch was last seen on her way to school in a run-down housing estate on the outskirts of Vienna in 1998, she was a four-foot-nine 10-year-old with light brown hair and blue eyes squinting behind blue and yellow glasses.

But now the focus of Austria's most enduring child abduction mystery appears to have emerged as a pale and shaken 18-year-old after years of captivity in the cellar of a house less than 10 miles from where she disappeared.

Local media reports claim she was held captive by a man named as Wolfgang Priklopil, a communications technician who committed suicide last night by throwing himself in front of a train while on the run from the police.

(more)

Quote:
Despite Austrian media reports that she had been kept as a sex slave a police medical examination showed no signs of injury or sexual abuse. However, police suggested that she may have become resigned to her captivity due to Stockholm syndrome, a condition that sometimes causes kidnapped people to sympathise with their abductors.

Ms Kampusch's abduction at 7am on March 2 1998 dominated local headlines for years, coming amid revelations about the series of rapes and murders carried out by Belgian paedophile Marc Dutroux.

Ok, so they're not sure if she was a sex slave, but still.
Bart

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was one of the first things i thought about as well. "Damn this looks a bit too much like the Dutroux case"
Snorri

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate this shit.

mouse

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow - it's incredible that she was found. her family must be on air.
Willem

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was one of the first things I heard today. Bah.
Katrin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this is certainly strange.

I bet they're going to make millions off of the books, movies and television gigs.
CTrees

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willem wrote:
That was one of the first things I heard today. Bah.

Ditto. But that's only because it's 12:56 AM local time.
Willem

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katrin wrote:
I bet they're going to make millions off of the books, movies and television gigs.

I bet you'll be on the express train to hell. Choo-choo!
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katrin wrote:

Even if that had a remote chance of possibly happening, no amount of money will ever replace 8 years of lost life, let alone the anguish for the family.
Rosie Bee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:

Scary though - last seeing your child as a 10 year old, then having to adjust to them being an adult. I don't know how you'd do that.
Major Tom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's just possible that she may not be an adult, except by age.

locked in a basement for 8 years probably stunts your growth one way or another.
Azmoten

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katrin wrote:

Unlikely. And even if they do, as has already been stated, it's not recompense for the 8 years she spent locked in some psycho dudes garage.
Rosie Bee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major Tom wrote:
it's just possible that she may not be an adult, except by age.

locked in a basement for 8 years probably stunts your growth one way or another.

Oh, I don't doubt it - just thinking it's a major adjustment just to see the physical changes. The mental difficulties are a whole other (enormous) issue.
Flion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:

Doubtful. This is a case where knowing might be worse than not ever finding closure. After eight years they may have been fairly well adjusted (as much as possible not knowing) and now a whole new horrible can of worms is opened up. Add the fact that she may not reintegrate with them easily after her experience and I wouldn't be surprised if some more suicides occur. I'm not being heartless here; I feel sad for the entire family.
Katrin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still, she's incredibly lucky. For a person in her position. Because apparently her kidnapper wasn't that monstrous of a person and has at least managed to skive off raping the girl for a long enough time that when they found her, there were no marks of abuse. Compared to the standard of psychotic pedophile rapists, she was treated like a queen.

So YAH, imagine the TV special for it. Peaceful life suddenly disturbed by a horrifying disappearance. A mad search across the country while a desperate family cries out for their daughter. Eventually, the world loses hope, but one mother perseveres, stubbornly refusing to accept the death of her daughter. And eight years later, from within the ashes, their daughter returns anew. And alive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: