welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Michael Jackson's tour would have been an aborted disaster.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trustedfaith

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really really cannot stand Joe Jackson. He just proves exactly what I had been saying about what he did to those kids. At the BET awards he was promoting his new record label?!?

And then Al Sharpton comes out defending him (I hate Al Sharpton, nothing but an ambulance chaser looking for his next five minutes on TV to defend assholes) saying Joe Jackson was doing that to show that the Jacksons were "moving forward" in their lives?!?

Yeah that's what I'd do if my son just died less than a week ago, show I'm moving forward by promoting my record label shamelessly while my daughter's almost in tears on national TV trying to keep it together enough to say thank you for the support. I hope he rots in hell when he dies.

And I hope that will that's come out is the real thing, because if it is -- Michael Jackson left him out of it. He gets nothing. Karma will catch up to him soon enough. Piece of shit.
Sam

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
too long. Died reading

Amilam

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The article didn't argue that he wasn't a pedophile, rather that the author had come to that conclusion. Notice that he critically said that most, but not all, of the cases seemed to be motivated by money. Ultimately we'll never know for sure.

I'm old enough to remember how big "Thriller" was, but the decades upon decades of bizzarre and occasionally disturbing behavior has tarnished those memories. I don't feel any pleasure in his death, but I don't feel grief either. Like Mike Tyson or Britney Spears his life had become so strange that I could no longer feel any empathy towards him, just detached confusion.
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arc Tempest wrote:
Am I the only one who's thoughts on this can be summed up as "meh"

*raises hand*

Click here to see my artwork!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sam

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amilam wrote:
I'm old enough to remember how big "Thriller" was, but the decades upon decades of bizzarre and occasionally disturbing behavior has tarnished those memories. I don't feel any pleasure in his death, but I don't feel grief either. Like Mike Tyson or Britney Spears his life had become so strange that I could no longer feel any empathy towards him, just detached confusion.

Myself, I thought his music was pretty wicked cool as a kid but all I ever knew of him past that point was that he was a fucking weirdo. Thus no sorrow myself when he died or much interest (definitely not even a pinch of the interest the greater Internet showed) but then when I read about this, about how europe was gearing up for a tour they got sold on that was going to be an utter disaster, that was like, wow.
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:

I have to ask Sam, where are you getting all these gifs? It's like a bizarre dream wherein heroes of British pop culture (Brooker, Pegg, now Amstel) just show up for no reason. Weird.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counterpoint to Sam's earlier Daily Heil story:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8127448.stm

Quote:
Michael was physically fit and performing the same way that I photographed him through the years. You can look at the photos. I documented it, I was there.

Daily Mail in bullshit shocker.
Ironically, Halen's one of the few people here I wouldn't worry about terrifying my friends and family. In my head he ends every real life conversation stroking his chin and saying, "well yes, that sounds reasonable."
Sam

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT IMPOSSIBLE
Mizike

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
WHAT IMPOSSIBLE

I can't read your posts you don't include an animated gif
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they needed to work on the make up though
trustedfaith

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who's telling the truth? I've heard he was horribly sick from many sources, and all sorts of people saying he was in tip top shape. I don't think those photos reveal anything good or bad.
thewaitersitsondown

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it seems like it would certainly save a lot of face for a lot of people if he was healthy, and I'm a little turned off by the sentence before that quote:

Quote:
A photo tells a story. Michael was physically fit and performing the same way that I photographed him through the years. You can look at the photos. I documented it, I was there.

That photographer reacts to a lot of questions by essentially saying "Photos don't lie!" which always makes me feel like I'm being misdirected. Then again, it also sells a lot of papers/ad space/what have you if he was a wreck of a human being being exploited by everyone around him. In this case, I'm a little more inclined to believe the latter just because it seems like the better-presented story, at least from what I've read (mostly the two stories posted here). "I studied and reported on Michael Jackson for years and interviewed his closest associates" seems more reliable than "Look I took a photo of him... I mean I was concentrating too much on shooting to know what song was playing, but look pictures!"
Both sources could and probably do have ulterior motives, and in a situation like this where there's so much money and blame up for grabs, it's unlikely we'll ever be 100% sure.
Sam

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mizike wrote:
Sam wrote:
WHAT IMPOSSIBLE

I can't read your posts you don't include an animated gif

well you see it's simply that i beli
Yorick

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that gif took a long while to load on this computer, which was interesting to watch, as each frame arrived.
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, the Jackson kids will be fine.

If Momma Jackson croaks, Auntie Diana will take care of 'em.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: