welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Great idea :)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nielsdejong

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Great idea :) Reply with quote

Dear Tatsuya Ishida,

I have watched your online comic for some time now. I was amazed at how open and carefree you talked about the issues America has, and itís responsibilities to itís past and the sins it has committed.

You see: I have a request comic for you!

Recently, once again, the Japanese covernment has refused to openly acknowledge itís warcrimes committed during itís imperialistic era in which over 30 million people, including Chinese, Koreans, Indonesians, dutch, Australians etc. were brutally murdered. According to history, the Japanese people came close, if not over the guild of having killed the most people of the Axis.

Sadly, as Germany has openly accepted apology, as have itís citicens, the Japanese covernment has yet to openly acknowledge itís war crimes. Even worse, a lot of Japanese have the idea that during that period they were nothing but victims, and even deny the Ranking genocide as a historical fact.

The sad thing is, is that while in the west horrific acts like the Indian genocide, and the nazi genocide have been openly acknowledged; the acts done by the Japanese imperial army during that time have never been fully accepted by the Japanese people. Even as their ancestors have killed 30 million people, in a period in which the American colonisers could never have killed as many Indians, they still deny it yet are very keen to talk about the atrocities done by other people.

The thing is is that i am asking a favour: My grand uncle was on new Ginea, where he fought against the Japanese imperialistic army as part of the Dutch (Holland) militairy. Sadly he was captured, and put to slave labor. In the end he was killed by an overweight Japanese officer wearing glasses while his friend watched and later told it to our family.

I am saying this to you because I have noticed how open you are about the atrocities done by the white American populance (or as I would prefer to refer to them: Euro-Americans) even as they themselves had no part into the killings as of old, yet are expected to feel ashamed of those atrocities.

I was wondering: is it possible, in the recent events of the Japanese disacknowledgement of their past guilts and responsibilities: could you make a comic about them denying the sins of their ancestors and not taking responsibility as well as acknowledging their more darker aspects of their history, as is often told to the European people?

I am telling you this, because before I read your comics I sort off felt there was no point in talking about the past, yet, as I read how you mentioned the Americans should accept guild for the actions of their ancestors, yet did none themselves, I feel the Japanese should be made aware of their ancestors actions. Also I feel the rest of the world should know not just the sinning of their heritage, but also how the Japanese, as a people, have yet to fully accept and take responsibility for, actions which made them on par of the Nazis they allied themselves with and NOT the victims of them as they all too often state.

Making this comic hopefully might make some more aware as to their past actions, as well as current, and it would certainly make my past away grand uncle, who was a good and respectable man, feel somehow at ease.

I apologise for my bad English, as it is not my mother language, yet hope you are able to understand my words.

I thank you for your time, and hope to hear from you in the near future.

With kind regards,

Niels de Jong (Holland)
CTrees

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niels: you can try contacting Tatsuya via one of the means listed on the contact link on the main comic page, but the odds of him even seeing your post on the forums are near zero. Just so you know.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Tat'll see it, there's just probably a 0% chance he'll respond to it in any manner
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sam the Eagle

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clueless troll is clueless.
andrew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam the Eagle wrote:
CTrees

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam the Eagle wrote:

I figured there was a chance that it was simply "clueless newbie is clueless," in which case the OP would be I guess well intentioned (though yeah, completely clueless), thus my responding in kind. I admit, it's a low chance, but what the hell, I'll be nice.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this was a spam thread. I am saddened.
Sam

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mods change my name to white American populance
Puma

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do that, Sam, but I would still prefer to refer to you as Euro-American.
Mindslicer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Japanese covernment is naughty.
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mindslicer wrote:
The Japanese covernment is naughty.

As typos go that's a beauty. It has overtones of 'covert' and 'coven' and sounds _really_ shady
Willem

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niels toch, jongen.
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
mods change my name to white American populance

I'd like to put in a request to have my name changed to an overweight Japanese officer wearing glasses.
Nielsdejong

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: the comments Reply with quote

Dear CTrees,

Thank you for your reply, i have found the mailbox of mister Tatsuya Ishida and have sent him my message, thank you for your time Smile

As for the people here giving me comments on how i am a clueless Troll:

As you might have noted, i indeed gave a little bit of sarcasm and irony along with the message i gave to mister Tatsuya Ishida Smile

However!!!!: despite the involving sarcasm, and suggestive words: if you look more clearly you will see that everything i wrote into my message is 100% TRUE Smile

As you see in the next 3 comic strips:

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=2980

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=2995

http://www.sinfest.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=859&sid=9f2067e111cbf0b9364f9be7b9160c33

Mister Tatsuya Ishida clearly and openly speaks about the euro-american populance (or white as he calls them) and about their shamefull past and questionable actions of their heritage, and with the chicken: on how they should take responsibility.

Yet: despite mister Tatsuya Ishida being:

1: a Japanese descendant

2: a person who leads a "Resistance poll" and openly and without restriction speaks out against questionable matters in our modern society.

3: a person who apparantly thinks being open and without any discretion is the way to talk about current events (the american orientated ones that is)

He has never ever had a comic in his archive which questions the history, wrong doing, and/or denial that his Japanese descendant people have caused to the world, yet openly talks about those of his adopted country.

Somehow it has been openly accepted for white men (JEP we can call OURSELVES that Very Happy common: the afro-americans are doing it Wink ) to be open about their past, along with every other race in this world: yet i have yet to see non euro-americans talk about THEIR own past sins.

I mean: COMMON: you actually think Buddism has a more peacefull past then christianity and islam?

I'm not calling him a racist or something: heck: i'm not sure about his stand: Just giving him a suggestion with a bit of the usual sarcasm, and/or irony i usually find into his comics.

Which is why i often find them hilarious Smile

So for all those people who felt they should insult me, or worse my grand uncle:

All you guys have been doing is bashing on America, yet none of you seem to care what happens in Darfur/China/a lot of other parts in the world.

The reason WHY you guys have been doing this is because bashing America has become openly mainstream:

Heck: if i posted a message here saying: AMERICA CONSTITUTION THIS!!!, AMERICA RIGHTS THAT!!! a lot of you guys would have done is give me thumbs up... which i find bot sad and quite scary at the same time...

So here it is: i suggest you take whatever reason you are against this post; being it either an anime/hentai/tentacle fan, or whatever reason it might me:

And stick it into your Liberal proclaimed (as in you guys are only Liberal on paper, not in the real deal) and stick it into your ***************

OMG: i censored it!!!! please don't hate me Smile

Anyway: thanks to all the suggestions from this forum from the people who were kind enough to give some constructive advice Smile

As for the rest: stop being so mainstream and only talking about America because it's easy/accepted!

There are wrong doings in every part of the world: so using an excuse that saying anything remote bad about the Japanese is racism: tell yourself: how NOT-racistic is THAT?!!!!

Liberal means bashing ALL races Smile don't be so racistic Wink
Willem

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best wel schattig.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: