welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Katherine Harris: At it again!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
So she's going to completely squander 10+ million dollars to try and buy popularity enough to get a sudden 20-something percent vote jump in the election?

actually, this is the best thing i have heard about her yet. it is, after all, one way to get inherited wealth out of the crabbed clutches of wealthy fools like her, and into circulation where it might do the rest of us some good.

at least it will keep them from buying other elections.

(and i am guessing that the concept that people other than christians, like, say, jews, would necessarily legislate sin must have gone over really well in florida, retirement capital of the country. anyone know how many retired jewish people live there?)
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
(and i am guessing that the concept that people other than christians, like, say, jews, would necessarily legislate sin must have gone over really well in florida, retirement capital of the country. anyone know how many retired jewish people live there?)

I hear it's gotten to the point that they actually have a re-shtetl-ment plan!
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katherine Harris wrote:
...separating religion and politics is "wrong because God is the one who chooses our rulers."

Look! More BS! That logic doesn't follow at all. Religion and politic do not have to be together in order for God to choose rulers (assuming he does. And if he exists. Blah, blah, blah).

I played!

Major Tom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: BLOOM! Vomit! Splorch! Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
I want to use naval imagery to describe how fast this ship is going down, but words like 'capsize' and 'sink' are not sudden and brutal enough. It's more as if a ship were to implode and get vomited violently onto the seafloor.

"cannonball"

*ahem*, I mean

CAAAANNOOONNNNBAAAAAAALLLLLL
kame

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravely did katherine harris stand up against her own stupidity, lashed to the firm belief that she could win political office. Even when all the ablest seaman deserted her did she stand up against the tide of unpopularity, knowing in her heart that she would win, only to be pulled under to the bottom of politics, never to be seen from again.

and for what it's worth... YARRRR!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: