welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fantasy Football - American
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amilam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I drafted Cadillac in the early second round, so I know he's a beast. He's tentatively on the bench this week because he'll be running against the Ravens. Compare that with Portis against the Vikings (though his shoulder issue scares me) and Jones against the swiss cheese defense of Green Bay.

Edit:

The thing I don't like about the Bengals is that they have an absolute beast of a schedule (worst or second worst in the league, based on last years winning percentages) and year after year it's strength of schedule that is quietly one of the central determining factors in success.
BoySetsFire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wining records don' mean dick in fantasy football though. hell, being behind in a lot of games means you're quarterback and receivers are going to ge a lot of junk points. heh

as far as being a fan, yeah, the Bengals got a tough beat with the schedule, but I still think their talent on both sides of the ball will overcome that. have you seen them play this preseason? their starters pounded the oppositions started and so did their reserves.
Agamemnon

Location: Studying somewhere. Or at least that's where I should be.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bengals do have one huge advantage. They do not ave to play the Bengals. Wink

P: They don't know we know they know we know. And Joey, you can't say anything!

J: Couldn't if I wanted to.
Amilam

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Michael's got near blanked by Pitt, but I figured that was inevitable. However, I was a bit surprised that Ward (whom my week 1 opponent has) had a fairly good game considering Maimi's secondary, the state of his hammy, and Batch making the start. Oh well 11 points isn't catastrophic.

Guess I better go start the Cadillac. I really hate shoulder injuries in a RB.
Teh Digital Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel dirty just reading this thread.
Major Tom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

touchdown.
Amilam

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well not a good start to the season. The Bucs singlehandidly sunk me. Bravo!
Agamemnon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wins in each league. Second highest score in both too. Good start.

Oakland may not score a touchdown all season.

Vikes look good so far.

Happiest times of the year for me. Very Happy

BoySetsFire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lost 104 to 100 in my first league. carson palmer only went for 4 fantasy points, which hurt. the poring rain in cincy was what did it. he was very efficient, but just didn;t put up a lot of yards because of the rain. cincy still won 23-10 anyway. wheee!

won 126 to 113 in my second league, with Tomlinson making up the slack from Palmer.

the Bears defense was a saviour in both leagues as well. they're gonna be big points for me all season, and i have the San Diego defense on my bench in both leagues as well. Shawne Merriman is a sack-machine. w00t. i should be set as far as D/ST all season, scoring a lot of points with them.

all in all, i'm pleased with how my teams did. i figure to score about 140 to 150 a week in fantasy points as long as palmer scores about 20 to 25 a week. Very Happy if not, i'm still scoring over 120 a week anyway. wheee!
Agamemnon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll trade you my left nut for the SD defense.

In all seriousness, I'd consider maybe using SD as trade bait. Especially after the SD-Oakland performance. Chicago should start for you all year.

BoySetsFire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agamemnon wrote:
I'll trade you my left nut for the SD defense.

In all seriousness, I'd consider maybe using SD as trade bait. Especially after the SD-Oakland performance. Chicago should start for you all year.

Chicago and San Diego have different bye weeks, so i'm probably going to sit on them for that, just to make sure i have a good chance of getting 25 or 30 points from my D on Chicago's bye, and also to cover myself in case of injuries and to play the matchup. the Bears play some tough non-division games. heh.
Agamemnon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good position to be in. As long as you don't have any glaring needs anywhere else, that is indeed the best approach.

eureka00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEARS ALL THE WAY THIS SEASON!!

*runs out of thread*
BoySetsFire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eureka00 wrote:
BEARS ALL THE WAY THIS SEASON!!

*runs out of thread*

the bears are WAY surprising on offense this year. grossman was a complete putz in preseason, but as they say, preseason doesn't mean shit. is they score 2 or three touchdowns a game, their defense will give them a chance to make a deep playoff run.

as it stands, i could see the bears go 12-4 pretty easily, especially considering the division they're in.

as far as my games, i'm up BIG in both leagues, but my opponents both have pittsburgh/jacksonville players left to go, which could change things

i'm up 121 to 85 in my first league, with only TE Heath Miller to go for my opponent. granted, Miller had a huge game on that thursday night game, but he's highly unlikely to do that much damage again, much less make up 36 fantasy points. heh.

i'm up 138 to 56 in my other league, and my opponent has the Pittsburgh D/ST and WR Hines Ward, and WR Matt Jones for Jacksonville yet to play, but i'm even more skeptical that these three can make up an 82 fantasy point deficit.

if things play out like this for the rest of the fantasy season, i think i've got a realistic shot at winning both of my leagues. that could end up netting me something like $600 to $700 total, if not more, depending on the amount of action on the trade and free agent markets. wheee!
Amilam

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need 11 points from the Steeler D to win which I think they can manage, but my opponent started Aaron freaking Brooks at QB so I don't feel good about my season thus far (believe it or not Aaron Brooks is his only QB and he still managed to win week 1). I'm really getting nothing out of my RBs (10 points combined starting 2 RBs in wk1 and 9 points combined starting 2 RBs in wk 2) which is dissapointing as I used my first three picks on RBs. What's worse is that will all the line turmoil of TB, ineffectual passing game of WA (not to mention that killer division), and Cedric Benson likely to get more and more carries for da Bears as the season progresses I think it's going to be a lingering problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: