welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pregnant Muslim mother stabbed 16 times in German courtroom.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pixi-san

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Pregnant Muslim mother stabbed 16 times in German courtroom. Reply with quote

This is really sad news. In a nutshell :

El-Sherbini and the defendant met in August 2008, when she asked him to clear a playground swing where he sat smoking a cigarette so Mustafa could use it.
He refused, calling el-Sherbini an “Islamist”, a ”terrorist” and a “whore”. She pressed charges for defamation and he was fined $1,170.
An appeal against the conviction brought them together again in July.
The defendant allegedly plunged an 18cm kitchen knife into the chest, back and arm of el-Sherbini, 31, three months pregnant at the time with her second child.

El-Sherbini worked as a pharmacist while her husband is a geneticist working on his doctorate in Dresden.

As a pregnant mom to a 2.5 year old,I feel so sorry for her son and husband as well as all the honest hardworking germans who must be shocked at this violence.

I dislike the way the media (muslim or otherwise) are dubbing her the 'hijab martyr', with all it's connotations and inflammatory effect . I'd be just as upset if she was any other religion/race.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Marwa_El-Sherbini

http://www.loonwatch.com/tag/marwa-sherbini/

E-boy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just horrible.... I have no other response except the heartfelt desire to see the guy who did the stabbing dangling from the end of a rope.
Pixi-san

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

E-boy wrote:
This is just horrible.... I have no other response except the heartfelt desire to see the guy who did the stabbing dangling from the end of a rope.

And to make things even worse :

A police officer, who was in the court building testifying in an unrelated case was called to the scene to intervene, but mistook Elwi Ali-Okaz ( husband ) for the attacker and shot him in the lower leg.

Sad
CTrees

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The German courts don't search people on entry, so they don't bring in things like seven inch knives? Huh.
gally912

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sucks.
E-boy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd imagine they're somewhat more lax in civil hearings CT. I'm sure their were probably procedures in place and someone just wasn't very thorough on a mere humdrum defamation of character case. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that person was probably fired or will be soon.
gally912

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will preface with the statement that this is a tragedy.

However, taking a defamation suit over some stupid words said aloud does not help the situation, and probably could have been left alone without further incident.
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gally I am going to need you to reread what you just wrote, so you are not shocked when I start pointing out that it implies several things, including that if someone has unwarranted abuse hurled at them they should just suck it up, and that due to her pursuing this guy through legal channels in place for people's protection she brought her own murder on herself.
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my i am remarkably calm
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HE WAS SITTING ON A SWING SMOKING

SHE ASKED IF HER KID COULD USE THE SWING

HE CALLED HER A WHORE, IN FRONT OF HER CHILD

SHE WAS ACTUALLY FUCKING BRAVE ENOUGH TO TAKE HIM TO COURT

HE FUCKING STABBED HER TO DEATH

I am sure that a dude given a clean bill of mental health who stabs a pregnant woman to death in a fucking court room would have certainly never been involved in an incident like this one, had this stupid fucking bitch just let him stay on his swing and enjoy his fucking cigarette.

Are you a fucking idiot, or what, gally? Is this some sort of elaborate performance art, or are these actual opinions that you hold on to?
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WELL I GUESS GETTING SHOT IN THE LEG WILL TEACH HER HUSBAND NOT TO TRY AND FIGHT OFF PEOPLE WHEN THEY'RE STABBING HIS WIFE
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking a bullet over some stupid wounds does not help the situation, and probably could have been left alone without further incident.
Sam

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gally912 wrote:
I will preface with the statement that this is a tragedy.

However, taking a defamation suit over some stupid words said aloud does not help the situation, and probably could have been left alone without further incident.

I wanted to say something sarcastic about this but I can't. I just have to object clearly to your caveat about placation of murderers through the forfeiture of deserved legal protections.
E-boy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis J. Squidbunny wrote:
WELL I GUESS GETTING SHOT IN THE LEG WILL TEACH HER HUSBAND NOT TO TRY AND FIGHT OFF PEOPLE WHEN THEY'RE STABBING HIS WIFE

Dennis, in the U.S. freedom of speech may be taken a bit more seriously than it is in other countries. We allow hate speech, for starters. It is notoriously difficult to win cases of defamation, slander, or libel here because there is a deeply rooted desire to protect freedom of speech. Ironically, there are any number of municipal ordnances here against swearing in public.

Having thus defended what I think is part of Gally's thinking on the matter I will proceed to say that the woman clearly acted within her rights in Germany and that fucking pscyho stabbed her to death.... Frankly calling her a whore in front of her child, to me, justifies a beat down. And as for the rest? Well I have rescinded my earlier desire that he should be hung. Send him to a U.S. Prison where he can be sodomized to death.

Oh and Gally? The guy stabbed her to death over a court case, The "This wouldn't have happened if" defense isn't really operative when you are dealing with someone who is clearly violence waiting to happen. No one should ever have to worry about someone stabbing them to death for seeking proper redress of wrongs. PERIOD.
E-boy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quoted the wrong post. LMAO! Okay no more four AM postings for me... Well one more in the random news story thread, but then I'm done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: