welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Noob here....Need some help/advice about pics/avatars.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
No Truth Only Lies

Location: That's for me to know, and you to find out should I tell you.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Noob here....Need some help/advice about pics/avatars. Reply with quote

How the heck do I find a pic that the forum will accept? I've downloaded some but when I update my profile, it says it can't find the page and every jpg, png, and gif I've copied hasn't been accepted, even when it has it in it's name. Any words for an idiot?
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Learning to read, English preferably, would probably be a good start. Also the search function: it IS your friend.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
nathan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It only works if the file path is a palindrome longer than twenty characters.

Just a quirky sinfest thing. Don't feel bad for not knowing.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael is much too nice to you. You should go give him a hug.

Fo' realz.

thewaitersitsondown

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
Learning to read, English preferably, would probably be a good start. Also the search function: it IS your friend.

"Hello could I ask for help with--"

"GAR RAR RAR GO AWAY NOOB I WILL EAT YOU TIRED INTERNET JOKES AND ANIME REFERENCES"

Seriously it is not like I can even remember the last time anyone asked this question. We do not exactly spend our days here on sinfest slogging through endless strings of new topics full of questions that we have already answered a million times. You can suck it up and be a human being to someone who hasn't even done anything except break your invisible and inscrutable Laws of Forum Behavior.
If NTOL (btw dude if your name abbreviates to something that sounds like a pharmeceutical you might find yourself regretting it at some point) screws up and turns out to be an arse, I will be among the first to point and laugh. So far though he seems like a potentially OK guy who might learn to be a valuable contributing member. Frig he hasn't even posted on the comics forum about how he wants to do Monique or how Squig is clearly a Nazi if you read all the comics backwards in alphabetical order. By usual new member standards that is gold.
So let's worry less about hazing the new guy haw haw it's all in good fun were a bunch of jerks with hearts of gold around here and worry more about not looking like the idiot who hangs around even though everyone thinks he's a douche and yells at newbies to make himself feel instead like a cherished member of the forums.

NTOL (I'm not kidding unless it has some deep douchey significance you might want to rethink the name, trust me I know about shitty forum names) I'm not sure if I've understood your question so maybe you know this already and are having trouble with something else, but for whatever reason the forum doesn't allow you to upload your avatar from your computer, you'll need to go to an image hosting site, upload your image there, and then copy/paste the link into where it says "Link to Off-Site Avatar." Should work after that.
zeezee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NTOL, go here - also known as: HOW TO GET YOUR AV TO WORK. FOR SERIOUS.

oh, and twsod, good on you for your kindness.

Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJS (dennis j. squidbunny) LOOKS PITIFUL AT THE N00B AS HE CLUTCHES HIS MASUKARI STEEL KATANA BLADE SOULFULLY IN HIS HAND, 'HO HO, THIS WILL BE EASY' SCREAMING THROUGH THE SUN SOAKED AIR HE SHOOTS OFF FROM HIS LEFT FOOT KICKS A TRIPLE FLIP LANDS ON A MOTORCYCLE AND AS HIS OPPONENT THE N00B IS BUSY HE FLICKS THE BLADE CARELESSLY BUT SO CAREFUL AND SLASHES HIS GROIN PAINFULLY BLOOD SPLASHES AND THE N00B CRIES IN PAIN AND SAYS O SHIT, DUDE, YOU JUST CUT YOUR OWN PENIS OFF AND DJS SAYS YES IT IS BECAUSE O SHIT I AM BLEEDING SO BAD FROM THE DICK ZONE WHAT THE MAD FUCK HAPPENED THERE AND THE N00B SAYS I THINK YOU STABBED YOURSELF IN THE BIKINI AREA AND I SAY YEAH I RELLY FUCKING DID WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH MY GRAMMAR THAT I FUCKING CUT MY FUCKING DICK HOLE UP HAVE YOU CALLED AN AMBULANCE AND THE N00B SAYS SHIT SORRY I WAS SO SHOCKED AT YOUR SLASHING UP YOUR JUNK I'M CALLING ONE NOW AND DJS SAYS YES AN AMBULANCE WOULD BE HEAPS SWEET CAN YOU STEM THE BLOOD FLOW WITH YOUR HAND AND THE N00B SAYS O MAN I DON'T KNOW IF I'M COOL WITH THAT WE ONLY JUST MET AND THEN DJS PASSES OUT FORM LOSS OF BLOOD AND THE N00B IS ALL AWWWWW SHI
Major Tom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so manga, but it would have been even better if you'd written it in the original japanese
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favourite novels is an amazing kung fu epic that is so terribly written it comes across that every time the protagonist leaps into battle he kicks himself in the genitals.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewaitersitsondown wrote:
Darqcyde wrote:

"Hello could I ask for help with--"

"GAR RAR RAR GO AWAY NOOB I WILL EAT YOU TIRED INTERNET JOKES AND ANIME REFERENCES"

Seriously it is not like I can even remember the last time anyone asked this question. We do not exactly spend our days here on sinfest slogging through endless strings of new topics full of questions that we have already answered a million times. You can suck it up and be a human being to someone who hasn't even done anything except break your invisible and inscrutable Laws of Forum Behavior.
If NTOL (btw dude if your name abbreviates to something that sounds like a pharmeceutical you might find yourself regretting it at some point) screws up and turns out to be an arse, I will be among the first to point and laugh. So far though he seems like a potentially OK guy who might learn to be a valuable contributing member. Frig he hasn't even posted on the comics forum about how he wants to do Monique or how Squig is clearly a Nazi if you read all the comics backwards in alphabetical order. By usual new member standards that is gold.
So let's worry less about hazing the new guy haw haw it's all in good fun were a bunch of jerks with hearts of gold around here and worry more about not looking like the idiot who hangs around even though everyone thinks he's a douche and yells at newbies to make himself feel instead like a cherished member of the forums.

NTOL (I'm not kidding unless it has some deep douchey significance you might want to rethink the name, trust me I know about shitty forum names) I'm not sure if I've understood your question so maybe you know this already and are having trouble with something else, but for whatever reason the forum doesn't allow you to upload your avatar from your computer, you'll need to go to an image hosting site, upload your image there, and then copy/paste the link into where it says "Link to Off-Site Avatar." Should work after that.

Um yeah whatever, get over it, he/she was dumb. If I were them with that question and saw this:

I would start by looking in the sub forum described as "What to do, what not to do" Rolling Eyes

I mean for fucks sake, the thread Zeezee linked to (you know, the thread entitled "HOW TO GET YOUR AV TO WORK. FOR SERIOUS.") is the top thread on the page.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DARQCYDE IS A STUPID NAME
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis talked to me/about me! I feel loved! Very Happy
Mindslicer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the forums should look like this:

CTrees

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be a prat.
Mizike

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was funny. And accurate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: