welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Socrates was a Christian III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 193, 194, 195 ... 205, 206, 207  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nathan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"so we find that resistant strains develop as a result of strong selection pressures - often the result of reducing dosage by as little as 15%..."

Student: Have they tried, like, ACE inhibitors or something to lower the pressure?
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor guy was probably overworked with a heavy class load. I chalk it up to being under pressure.
nathan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He did look a bit Van Winkley.
Dogen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisinopril will save us all from drug-resistant superbugs!
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a conversation about rape wrote:
hey woman should be put in jail if she says she wants to have an abortion, or she should get fixed, or maybe not even ever have sex. abortion is murder, murder is wrong. 1 day when people face god they will know. to me it's obvious right now. no 1 will ever change my mind. people to think that abortion is okay needs to grow up and open their eyes. if you don't want to baby don't have sex, it's very simple

I hate facebook sometimes.

edit oh fuck it got worse

Quote:
2 wrongs don't make a right if they did and a woman abort a kid of mine, I should kill her

Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, I just posted a picture of my ballot where I'm voting for same-sex marriage to be legalized in WA, and I was just telling a friend that somewhere in Florida I probably have a bigoted relative shitting themself. They're probably posting my FB picture on a forum somewhere saying the same thing. Very Happy
Atrophy Annie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you voting on the marijuana thing?
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for it, but mainly on principle. Because federal law supersedes state law it doesn't really matter whether it passes. I'm not even entirely certain how it would effect the role played by your local PD, since they presumably enforce both local and federal laws. But philosophically I support legalizing marijuana, so that's how I voted.
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were you I'd either vote either dogmatically, pragmatically or along my principles. Once you start doing things philosophically you never get anything done.
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heidegger said it
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But my principles are based on a philosophy! I'd be in an awfully tight spot if they weren't.
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind a tight spot provided there's coffee and wifi
Dogen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on the spot, sometimes tighter is better.

But not ethically.
Eiden

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasairfiona wrote:
hey woman should be put in jail if she says she wants to have an abortion, or she should get fixed, or maybe not even ever have sex. abortion is murder, murder is wrong. 1 day when people face god they will know. to me it's obvious right now. no 1 will ever change my mind. people to think that abortion is okay needs to grow up and open their eyes. if you don't want to baby don't have sex, it's very simple

Quote:
2 wrongs don't make a right if they did and a woman abort a kid of mine, I should kill her

Two wrongs don't make a right. Therefore I should respond to someone getting an abortion by slaying them.

It all makes so much sense.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eiden wrote:
Lasairfiona wrote:

Quote:

Two wrongs don't make a right. Therefore I should respond to someone getting an abortion by slaying them.

It all makes so much sense.

Naaaah, I'm pretty good at reading Stupid, and I think they were saying that if it weren't for "two wrongs don't make a right" they would be morally obligated to kill a woman if she got an abortion (and they would have been the father) because the murder and the abortion would be equivalent offences.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 193, 194, 195 ... 205, 206, 207  Next
Page 194 of 207

Jump to: