welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The War Logs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:29 am    Post subject: Concerning wise guys. Reply with quote

Mind being more specific?
Sam

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically, there's scores of logs which are of interesting strategic relevance to the taliban in pakistan and other people who are training forces to go up against sitting U.S. troops.

SOME OTHER GUY DISSECTS

Quote:
MGRS locations are not meaningless intel. The Taliban know where they're fighting, but what's important is where WE thought they were, and how we prioritized what we targeted. They may not, for instance, know how we were referring to their fighting groups, but they can figure out pretty easily (using Google Maps) where the groups we were referring to were located. Based on that, they can figure out WHO was being targeted, and how they fell out in the order of battle.

Perfect example: if they figured out, based on the grids, that the first target priority was weapon system X, they know that X needs to be moved more frequently or relocated to make targeting it harder.

Additionally, that log released indicates how we prioritized communications methods, targeted Taliban communications, and showed how easily we're able to hear their iCom chatter. All of these things are very easy to adapt to once you know how you're conducting business.

this guy works in intel and it is now probably his job to work on the strategic changes that need to be made to operate past what Hamid Gul and the ISI can now make of this.
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:36 am    Post subject: intel guy couldn't possibly be a shill Reply with quote

http://www.scribd.com/doc/21686885/TALIBAN-WAR-IN-AFGHANISTAN

I always find the strangest things in scribd.

Posted way before leak. Make what you will of it.
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think mr. amin's mustache is far to respectable to belong to such an excitable character.
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unintended consequences: the taliban is searching the wikileaks site for information that would identify people who have collaborated with the americans - it appears the wikileaks people didn't do such a good job of redacting info that would lead to them.

definitely Not Good.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not suprising at all.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mizike wrote:
If you watch/read/listen to the news

You're making a big assumption. Late in the argument, but I think most americans probably fit into a "Don't know, don't care" type category. I think the intention of wikileaks (I hope) is to remove more people from that category but there's plenty of room to argue how effective that's been.

I don't think what people know or don't know is as much of an issue as compared to how willing they are or are not to actually take the time to learn about things in the mid east AS OPPOSED to the more ubiquitous practice of getting news second hand from rumors, here-say, and plain ol' shitty conjectures from friends, family and co-workers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mizike

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
Mizike wrote:

You're making a big assumption.

Guh.... The people being discussed were consumers of news that does not come from Fox. I made no assumptions.
nathan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
unintended consequences: the taliban is searching the wikileaks site for information that would identify people who have collaborated with the americans - it appears the wikileaks people didn't do such a good job of redacting info that would lead to them.

definitely Not Good.

One wonders what the downstream effect will be in intelligence gathering even outside of Afghanistan if the US government is perceived to be incapable of keeping secrets.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mizike wrote:
Darqcyde wrote:
Mizike wrote:

Guh.... The people being discussed were consumers of news that does not come from Fox. I made no assumptions.

Your assumption is that people are watching news sources but I'm talking about people who form opinions (and possibly vote) and don't watch/read/listen to any news source.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sam

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wikileaks has posted a massive 1.4 GB heavily encrypted file on it's dedicated "Afghan War Diary" page labeled simply "Insurance". Possibly in response to the harsh rhetoric issuing from the US DoD regarding Julian Assange, the new file was quietly uploaded with no explanation.
kame

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like misdirection, but is it?
nathan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg they're gonna make airforce 1 disappear!
Him

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone looked into the attacks on civilians by NATO troops mentioned in the paper as well as the battles that have happened between supposedly allied afghani and pakistani troops?
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
Mizike wrote:
Darqcyde wrote:
Mizike wrote:

Your assumption is that people are watching news sources but I'm talking about people who form opinions (and possibly vote) and don't watch/read/listen to any news source.

in which case they probably won't hear anything about wikileaks.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: