welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The post-postwhoring thead of DOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 214, 215, 216 ... 236, 237, 238  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dogen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although the awkwardness of those two things depends on the context in which you do them.
Samsally

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At one my apartment warming parties me and a bunch of my lady-friends went in the other room to compare boobs. Pretty sure it was only awkward for anybody not invited into the room with us.

(It all started cuz I was self-conscious about my lump-removal scar. My friend had a reduction and knew from experience it would fade to almost nothing and then decided to show me. The other friend was just like "BOOBS I HAVE BOOBS LETS DO THIS". We then went on to decide that all three of us have really awesome boobs even though they were all completely different. Okay shit now I miss those ladies a lot.)
Dogen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm not squeamish about bodies, it's just a little odd to touch my friends' boobs. The intersection of my respect for them and their bodies and my new profession, I guess. If I did it every day I imagine it would be no big deal, just like seeing strangers naked became normal. I just don't get asked to do breast exams on friends much. Wink
Samsally

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Sall good, I imagine the context really makes the difference.

I mostly wanted to reminisce out loud about my awesome friends.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
Heretical Rants wrote:
Heretical Rants wrote:
This is my 4143rd post. 4143 is the concatenation of the decimal expansions of two consecutive primes. These two primes also happen to be twin primes.

It is also...

This is my 4143rd post yet again!

And again!

Woooooo!

and again

but this shall be the last time

this is the end of an era Sad
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today, while perusing the comment threads on one of my favorite websites, I suddenly found myself in need of a list of very, very large prime numbers. How odd! How random! How could I satisfy this requirement?
The Internet provides.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluuuuurg, I just spent several hours trying to figure out why Foobar2k wouldn't recognize the new Opus encoder I installed. Finally figured out that there was an older version crammed into F2K's own directory, instead of the directory where I usually put encoders.
I had a great, big, thorough post outlining the problem ready to be submitted to the hydrogenaudio forums (where I signed up just because of this), and was about to commit it when I suddenly figured out the answer. Embarassed
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad sends me an Amazon.ca gift code every year for Christmas. We've asked him to send Amazon.com instead, because the selection is different and shipping is a PITA, but he never remembers. So I was checking out card selling websites. Cardcash.com pays 65% for an Amazon.ca GC, plus "a little more" if you take payment in Amazon.com GC... which is what I want anyway... but their website doesn't say how much more and when I emailed their customer service they literally copied and pasted that bit of text from the website into their response.

So, I don't know what I'm going to do, but it's all free money anyway, so it's not like I'm out anything... I'm just giving some of my dad's money to some card reseller or to Canada Post.
CTrees

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's 19F here today. No snow or anything, just a little chilly. I'm excited because I get to wear a real coat, but otherwise eh. But apparently this is so dire that they have to delay opening the schools by three hours. The high is only 34F today, so a couple hours isn't going to make a huge difference beyond screwing with people's work schedules. We can handle 100+F weather, but good lord are we wimps when it gets a little brisk. Heck, the New Year's Day polar bear plunge was a huge deal, and it was like 60F out!
Samsally

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They actually canceled school here, too! I guess our windchills were down to -60F though. Work was still open but I called in because no fuck that noise.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CTrees wrote:
It's 19F here today. No snow or anything, just a little chilly.

What's annoying is that sometime during the small hours of the morning, the cold water line to our kitchen sink froze and I only learned about it fifteen minutes ago.
Managed to thaw it out by taking away the drywall under the sink (already cut into because of a previous plumbing job) and working it lightly with a hairdryer, but since it's not going to get above freezing and the water line runs under our unheated crawlspace to the outside wall, we're going to have to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't freeze again and burst a pipe or something.
We've got the cabinets open and (since there is a heating vent directly in front of them on the floor) got a little "tent" set up to direct all the warm air into that space, but it's still going to bug me until the weather starts climbing above the ice point.
Might have to borrow a little space heater to keep under the sink for a while.
Felgraf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
CTrees wrote:
It's 19F here today. No snow or anything, just a little chilly.

What's annoying is that sometime during the small hours of the morning, the cold water line to our kitchen sink froze and I only learned about it fifteen minutes ago.
Managed to thaw it out by taking away the drywall under the sink (already cut into because of a previous plumbing job) and working it lightly with a hairdryer, but since it's not going to get above freezing and the water line runs under our unheated crawlspace to the outside wall, we're going to have to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't freeze again and burst a pipe or something.
We've got the cabinets open and (since there is a heating vent directly in front of them on the floor) got a little "tent" set up to direct all the warm air into that space, but it's still going to bug me until the weather starts climbing above the ice point.
Might have to borrow a little space heater to keep under the sink for a while.

No. No. Space heater is a BAD idea. A good way to set your house on fire, but a bad idea.

Have you tried turning the faucet on just a little bit? (Leaving it running at a drip?). That keeps the water moving, and keeps pulling warmer water through the pipe.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was set to drip last night, but someone else said they may have used it early in the morning and forgot to let it drip afterwards.
The space heater I'm thinking of is a shoebox-sized ceramic one that's almost entirely enclosed except for a thick perforated plate in front and the intake in the rear. Leaving it on the lowest setting shouldn't be an issue, right?
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's actually warmer here than it usually is! It only hurts a little bit to breathe the air directly when you go outside!

Last edited by Heretical Rants on Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Samsally

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah dude, doesn't really matter what kind of space heater it is, leaving them unsupervised is just a super bad idea. Especially in a small spaces and places with pets. =\ I wish I had a better solution to offer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 214, 215, 216 ... 236, 237, 238  Next
Page 215 of 238

Jump to: