welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Short History Of America
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: feedin Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
Sam wrote:
Chuck Norris? Oh, he's off being a batshit insane fundamentalist christian and political commentator for WND.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=104477

Yes, judge a person by what they say and not for what they do.

It is the American way.

Because apparently being charitable and being insane are mutually exclusive now.

imma hope for your sake you just trollin

I certainly hope you think words and actions are mutually exclusive.
Mizike

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the dumbest thing I've seen you write here.

And that's saying something!
Willem

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop talking to Thy. Stop talking to Thy. Stop talking to Thy. Stop talking to Thy. Stop talking to Thy. Stop talking to Thy. Stop talking to Thy. Stop talking to Thy. Stop talking to Thy. Stop talking to Thy. Stop talking to Thy. Stop talking to Thy. Stop talking to Thy. Stop talking to Thy. Stop talking to Thy. Stop talking to Thy. Stop talking to Thy. Stop talking to Thy. Stop talking to Thy. Stop talking to Thy.
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what can i say. it's like when you have some nasty pustulant boil, and you _know_ you should leave it alone, but you poke at it anyway.
Mizike

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Words of wisdom.
Sam

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me its how he just gets steadily more oddball. You need a dowsing rod just to figure out what otherwise unremarkable pieces of conversation he's going to seize upon with a bizarre complaint that doesn't stand up to scrutiny.
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a lot of friends who are very old and insane, and we spend some very colourful afternoons in the pub. They are mostly harmless, but also completely fucking nuts, and I remember that I met a lot of them the same way. They start out seemingly like kindly, lonely old alcoholics with a few good stories about their lives, but without changing demeanor, or their expression or anything about them at all they veer off into these insane rants about god knows what.

One of them would tell me these amazingly sad stories about how he's never met his grandchildren, and then I'd have this sudden realisation that he's telling me how he's building a helicopter that runs on air-compression so it'll be silent and he can go and catch Osama Bin Laden so we'll be rich enough to pay the dowry Nicole Kidman's father is demanding from him. At no point would I have realised that what started sane has slid wildly into the not so likely.

Now that I've written all that out, I don't think Thy is actually like that at all. He's just so fucking cryptic it's impossible to even know what he's talking about half the time.
Major Tom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis J. Squidbunny wrote:
Now that I've written all that out, I don't think Thy is actually like that at all. He's just so fucking cryptic it's impossible to even know what he's talking about half the time.
i think a difference between your sane-free savants and thy may be that they likely don't display the same strained effort, as if attempting to pinch out a live crocodile
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clearly, Thy's posts are so short and cryptic because he's too busy rederiving all of modern science, medicine, philosophy, art, history, and culture, not trusting any of those so-called "experts" with their "doctorate in history" and their "professor of climate studies" and their "years of medical school training"

sometimes, in between working out the germ theory of disease and independently writing the Tractatus, he posts on Sinfest
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometime in the future Thy will make a come back thread thanking you all for being such dicks and encouraging him to persure an education in... I don't know... talking in complete sentences and coherent-- wait, where is that forlorn devil guy going to school?
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:49 am    Post subject: Figure it out Reply with quote

Mizike wrote:
That is the dumbest thing I've seen you write here.

And that's saying something!

http://www.cs.ucsd.edu/users/russell/average.ps
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:58 am    Post subject: TURTLE POWER Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
clearly, Thy's posts are so short and cryptic because he's too busy rederiving all of modern science, medicine, philosophy, art, history, and culture, not trusting any of those so-called "experts" with their "doctorate in history" and their "professor of climate studies" and their "years of medical school training"

sometimes, in between working out the germ theory of disease and independently writing the Tractatus, he posts on Sinfest

http://math.sfsu.edu/smith/Documents/HilbertRadio/HilbertRadio.pdf
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
For me its how he just gets steadily more oddball. You need a dowsing rod just to figure out what otherwise unremarkable pieces of conversation he's going to seize upon with a bizarre complaint that doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

Quick question:

Do you think the world would be better off if people listened to or read realistic scientifically proven statements rather than the "crazy" stuff being broadcast and published right now?
Sam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your being hopelessly cryptic and useless is kind of a defense mechanism for the fact that when we can actually wrest a coherent position from you and get it laid out in plain text, it's really usually obviously dumb and wrong. Well, either that or you're just flat out trollin and it's impossible to fathom so it doesn't much matter.
Sam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
Sam wrote:

Quick question:

Do you think the world would be better off if people listened to or read realistic scientifically proven statements rather than the "crazy" stuff being broadcast and published right now?

Quick answer: What does this have to do with the fact that chuck norris' contributions to charity do not shield him from or render invalid the observable notion that he's crazy and writes articles which are full of shit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: