welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

lololol
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cixelsyD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:28 am    Post subject: lololol Reply with quote

About 6 moths back i quit playing wow(for probably the 4th time) so naturally i needed a new addiction to take its place. League of Legends was just that. Along with being a better acronym, LoL is also a better game because it FREEEEEE. Its kind of like a nicotine patch for wow nerds. Sure you are developing diabetes and a weight problem from playing video games 23 hours a day but at least you arnt paying for that future heart attack, unless you want to. It is basically like DotA but with this new thing... balance. If you have never played DotA all the games consist of the same 10 heroes, the only ones that are good. This one is releasing their 62nd char next week and i really haven't found a champion that isnt balanced and viable, even the healers are brutal.

Here is a picture of some gameplay.

So yeah, play with me ^_^
Sam

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: lololol Reply with quote

cixelsyD wrote:
i really haven't found a champion that isnt balanced and viable, even the healers are brutal.

Currently, melee dps like Jax, Tryndamere, and Yi are bad.

That's it, though. The game is still amazingly well balanced. They fixed the issues with early game crush-maim-destroyers like Twisted Fate and Twitch, much to my sorrow:

cixelsyD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: lololol Reply with quote

Sam wrote:

Currently, melee dps like Jax, Tryndamere, and Yi are bad.

I will give you Jax and Yi aren't the best in the game, but id rather have either of them over a Sivir, assuming that i don't know any of the players on my team. And i disagree with Tryndamere being bad entirely. Seems like whenever i win a game(or am in the process of winning) the other team just bitches about how busted trynd is blah blah blah, you know how nerds rage. Fun fact, with my trynd item setup he has 100% critchance at full health, crits for 1300, and has max attack speed with Ghostblade on. Jax and Yi cant do that, but i am not going to defend chars i don't like or play regularly.

Also its not Jax's fault he sucks, hes been nerfed to hell 'cause people bitched too much that he was broken. You know, just like your boy twitch, though not a severe.

I think the only problem that melee AD carries is the amount of work you need to put into every game to get them farmed up to snuff. If you are someone like Annie or Veigar you are going to be feared, rightly so, even if you only have move speed, mana, and hp items for the first 20 minutes. Whereas someone like trynd or jax have very specific and expensive items they need. BF swords and phantom dancers and such. Still i don't think they are bad, in fact i think they are necessary for a well balanced team. Every good team needs a good pantheon or a Garen, maybe a nice WW or Udyr to get your team overleveled. Another "easy" fix is to make your melee ad carry a jungler, jax trynd and yi can all jungle reasonably well. And by that i mean i see people jungle with them, i don't myself because i think they are better in lane but i see people do it so it cant be too terrible.
Set

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow how convenient, i just started playing this too, yesterday in fact. ive been tinkering around with Nunu while i get a feel for the game. I still havent memorized all the champions names though Laughing
cixelsyD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Nunu is a pretty decent char, though personally i would recommend someone like Miss Fortune or someone who isnt a tank until you get your feet wet a bit. I say that because nunu is a tank and since tanking in that game is pretty important if you fuck up something or stack the wrong kind of defense for your enemy team your team will just blame you and then you are stuck losing a game with 4 whiny bitches talking about how bad you are. If you are just a bad healer or damage char then you wont be on the radar for bitching as much though.
Sam

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:29 am    Post subject: Re: lololol Reply with quote

cixelsyD wrote:
I will give you Jax and Yi aren't the best in the game, but id rather have either of them over a Sivir, assuming that i don't know any of the players on my team.

I don't know how long you've been playing, but Sivir was as nigh-indispensably top-tier as TF for .. I think about half of the game's lifespan so far. And the range nerf that semi-ended that was recently undone. She's way, way more valuable than melee dps.

This is with the caveat that when I say that they're bad, the degree to which they are bad relative to non-bad heroes in LoL is surprisingly minimal compared to how heroes in mobas usually fall flat-out into uselessness.

All things considered, LoL is excellently balanced.
cixelsyD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah they change chars around quite a bit, all for the sake of balance, and i have only been playing for 6 months or so, but i have over 1000 games under my belt and i can honestly say ive seen less than 5 sivirs do well. 5! I can see her boomerangeblade catching you off guard in a team fight, even though she should probably be focused down first, but if you let that thing hit you in a one on one setting im of the opinion that you are terribad.

There are certain heroes that your success with them that game is going to be determined mostly by how good your opposition is at dodging your nonsense. Kog'maw, Niddalee, or Ez for example. Most salted 30s will see those kind of chars and know they have to dodge a lot, or just keep a creep between them at all times respectively and they will be fine. Then on the other side you get people who let Nid blast them in the face with full distance spears whilst they are too busy getting last shots. Since I play as niddalee alot I prefer the latter.

All that said i should admit that i have an extremely low opinion of her as a champion.
Sam

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because of the skillshot issue? Or .. probably because you don't see her in a lot of organized league/season play. Possibly a combo of the two. She was definitely a nearly indispensable high-ELO champ, I can only assure you.

Like Twisted Fate, she was massively nerfed due to her ubiquitous presence in tourney play. Both remain adequate heroes (that, and Sivir's range nerf was reversed, so she's a bit crazy again). Either are preferable to, say, Jax.
cixelsyD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
Because of the skillshot issue? Or .. probably because you don't see her in a lot of organized league/season play. Possibly a combo of the two. She was definitely a nearly indispensable high-ELO champ, I can only assure you.

More the latter, skillshots are both good and bad, and as im sure you know the higher the skill level of the player the more of an advantage skillshots are (hitting invis chars, and blind corners and so on), especially hers she can move on the return path.

I have a little experiment im going to conduct, probably next week after my vacation, on her. Ill work on the details in the meantime. Im thinking something along the lines of 5-10 games as sivir, with a well rounded team around her, using popular, recommended and my own item set ups and cataloging the results, as well as comparing them with... 'similar' champions.
BigBadWolf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm...i may have to try this game out for myself...yes another way to waste my time Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just completed the tutorial. time for some games.

Snorri

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after I watch Community of course.

Sam

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a fun little thing to do with Sivir, if you are playing on organized teams and you don't mind being support food (not that sivir cares that much anyway, as she is a fragile toon)

As long as your team has its AoE initiation/CC covered (which all teams should do anyway) you build from your boots/chalice to this:

Stark's Fervor
Frozen Heart
Aegis of the Legion

Now, when the game reaches teamfight status, sivir pops ult and darts around the fight, granting +20% lifesteal, +52% attack speed, +30 hp regen, 25% cooldown reduction, +12 armor, +15 magic resist, +8 damage, and +%25 movement speed to ALL allied teammates, and REDUCES all enemies' attack speed by 20% and all enemies' armor by 20 points.

The effect is immense. Assuming an otherwise level experience/monetary spread: if the enemy team doesn't want to die horribly, they have to focus their assassination on Sivir. If they're good, they'll usually eventually succeed, but the entire time they're trying to do this, they've been stunned/ensnared by the AoE CC (malphite, amumu), delayed by sivir's SS+dodge, and brutalized by the team's hypercharged AP DPS, who had to be deprioritized/ignored with little regard to frailty.

It's like tacking a supercharged support onto a dps pusher and leaving another slot entirely open for support (Intervention via Kayle is tops)
Snorri

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This shit is pretty balling.

nathan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank god my windows partition is needing re-windowed at the moment or I would find this activity dangerously enticing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: