welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Christmas gifts: What's bought, made, received, and seen
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jinx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be of little comfort, Yorick, but I'm sending you positive thoughts and good energy.

If I were close to you geographically, I'd invite you out for a beer. (A light beer, of course, so as not to set back your weight loss efforts too much.)
Yorick

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I'll get over it in time.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got slipper moccasins that fit super well and are fuzzy and warm and worth 10x their weight in gold cuz well, they're also light weight. My phones dead other wise I'd take pics.

Also, my one son got a DSi XL...I'm sooooo jealous. Even web browsing via wifi on it is pretty good.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
dinsky

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many great gifts this year... none very expensive, but all wonderful!

My fav so far: Haikubes!

nathan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got several Borders gift certificates and am STOKED.

Also a lovely jacket, which is good because my old one was getting pretty tattered.
Mizike

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gots a new phone so I'm almost caught up with the future. I can send textual messages now. Through the tubes.
jwing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wing2 made this for me. No, it's not Picard. It's just a random RedShirt knitting. She made my mom a synchro swimmer and the Duchess a Santa.
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is so wonderful, on so many levels (not the least that it was wing2 who made it for you).
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan wrote:
I got several Borders gift certificates and am STOKED.

Also a lovely jacket, which is good because my old one was getting pretty tattered.

We spent the ones we got on the VIZBIG volumes 1 & 2 of Dragonball (so 1-6 of the normal tankobon release) and

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yorick wrote:
I've been gifted some things I don't really need or want, including candy (which, considering everyone that gave me candy KNEW I recently lost weight and am trying to lose more, is really inconsiderate)

coupled with emotional issues this is the absolute worst Christmas I've ever had

wft, Yozzle, what did you get that was so horrific?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Gary wrote:
Yorick wrote:
I've been gifted some things I don't really need or want, including candy (which, considering everyone that gave me candy KNEW I recently lost weight and am trying to lose more, is really inconsiderate)

coupled with emotional issues this is the absolute worst Christmas I've ever had

wft, Yozzle, what did you get that was so horrific?

it's not the gifts themselves. It's the lack of thought or inspiration. Plus given my family always asks for suggestions, and my suggestions are always ignored (one year I was in dire need of a new toaster because the old one expired and okay I don't use my toaster much and they're inexpensive but I was subsisting on a hundred a week at the time and couldn't do anything, so why in the world did I get a crappy photo frame instead), so I always think "why'd you even ask ..."

tho if you want to get into horrific gifts, as of today I have dead or tortured strippers all over the house, good gordon the smelll ugh ick aigh
eureka00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$300 in Amazon giftcards (shared w/hubby obviously)
File Cabinet (I really wanted a nice one)
Boogie Board www.thinkgeek.com/geek-kids/3-7-years/e330/action/ from brother/sis-in-law
WoW tshirt www.jinx.com/world_of_warcraft/women/i_fight_like_a_girl.html from brother/sis-in-law
GPS (I had been so resistant to getting one of these, and the in-laws have been wanting to get us one for years. They didn't ask this year and just got it.)
This Christmas was our daughter's 1st Christmas, so it was pretty much all about her. New toys and clothes abound!

The hubby got me a new stereo for my iPod, perfume & lotion, necklace, new wireless mouse, and a BB gun. The BB gun was sort of an inside joke between us because we have this groundhog living nearby that frequents our backyard and chews/digs stuff up. So, I said we should get a BB gun and shoot it. Turns out I'm not a bad shot either...must be all those video games.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPS's are wonderful for going places you've never been. Obviously, barring head trauma, you shouldn't need them to get around town, but we love ours for when we go to Canada or some place like that.
Yorick

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
GPS's are wonderful for going places you've never been.

Until you accidentally miss a tun and the GPS keeps telling you how to get back to where you were supposed to get off, instead of how to continue on to where you're ultimately going from where you're at, and next thing you know you're screaming at the device to SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP and you get lost more than you thought possible.

tho that could be just me. yeah.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't owned many (two), but they've both calculated a different route if you miss a turn... unless making you go back is still the fastest route. I've also never been sent down a goat trail, though one time (in all the times we've used them) it did tell me to drive down a bike path.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: