welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lunacy
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good lord it was cold here at 3:15, it was like being back on the slopes. The only visible spot from my house was the porch.

I couldn't get my camera to take a good pic Sad

Overall though it was beautiful to behold.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mr_Moustache

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the future leaders of the world are out and about, dancing around till theyíve found a mate and drinking till they puke, there is also another side to this constant debauchery thatís given this generation. We all fight our urges; we need to since they are depraved of an end or goal and their insatiability is without root or cause save the blueprint of our DNA. We fuck and feed and drink and breathe and donít care, or do care, but it doesnít matter since time moves on and doesnít even ask our opinion about the whole matter; so it might as well go on with what itís been doing after all, erasing our thoughts and insights without emotion or slight. Time does not care how much effort you put in or how just or unjust the whole shebang is. The eraser butt of a pencil is all that is left after we have written our lives and the paper is slowly disintegrating even before we can proof read it or edit it or revise it or publish it or burn it all down. This continuous quest for identity, ever changing and in the end erased; here where no one is certain and many things are new and it still seems that that one night out or that one love or that one grade will be the magic switch pressure release that will absolve our desires from fresh ground to spurn from. Time will take care of it all; it will make it simply obsolete and our flame will not wither away due to a lack of oxygen or anything of the sort; it will move rhythmically to the beat of your own heart until the heart decides that it is enough and the rhythm will change to some potentiality that we hadnít thought possible before. Perhaps I once was or will be a lover, father, student or teacher or maniac or clown or everything and nothing not at the same time but at no time at all. This world or these words do not anchor me in the temporal, for the simply subsist of everything I once was and will be until time comes and sweeps it all away like it has done so before many times. And all the while, through this merry ghost chase of our generation, we are what we want and our wants will shape our future in a way that our parents or state or teachers could only dream of. Such slaves we are to the lego bricks of our genes and necessities of life. This is the great loss, depravity and tragedy of our generation; this lack of revolt not to others but to ourselves, to our wants lust and desires. We may dream of higher causes, but even the philosopher once thrust his semen into the world as our leaders in whose hands we put our lives have caressed lovers and wiped bottoms of themselves or their children. Thus I implore, my contemporaries and brethren, only this: I know that your drinking time is precious and nothing should stand in the way between you and a good fuck or some well-earned bragging about your expensive car or extraterrestrial cock. Yet next time, cigarette or credit card or bottle or syringe or whatever it may be what being craves in hand, simply take in mind that this will fade and nothing will last, no sustenance will be given that lasts forever save the one you can give to yourself. So, find a mate and be happy and watch those sitcoms and talk about those jeans and how they make you ass look, and masturbate over the symbols we all know and see on TV and love more than life itself. See your reflection not in a mirror but in a tree, or rock or cat or the sky for that matter. Greet the sun which may seem so far away yet only on your level. What does the sun want, or the laws of gravity or the flinters of skin ripped from their comfortable home every time you scratch that itch. How might our continuous gratification be any different if there is no choice?
Magniflorious

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wall of Text crits for 99,999,999.
"Yes."
[long pause]
"Friend!"
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That wall-o-text reminds me of back in my MUD days, in major MUD, a Half-Ogre Ninja swinging the Tree as a weapon (an exclusive item, #1 damage dealer in game), while back stabbing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Magniflorious

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a Half-Ogre Ninja? I can't see stealth working to well. . .
"Yes."
[long pause]
"Friend!"
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magniflorious wrote:

IT didn't until level 30ish when you got this skill called "super stealth", after doing a class quest (I think other theif-ish classes got it too..), and it basically made it so sneak was 100%, though abilities and spells still had a chance to see through it.

Lots of time when a game would reset it would be a race to see who could get a HOG Ninja up to level fast enough to use the tree. Everyone else who didn't get the tree pretty much re-rolled since it made it's wielder, outside of certain boss fights, invincible. You just couldn't get past it, kind alike Mr.M's post there.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr_Moustache wrote:
As the future leaders of the world are out and about, dancing around till theyíve found a mate and drinking till they puke, there is also another side to this constant debauchery thatís given this generation. We all fight our urges; we need to since they are depraved of an end or goal and their insatiability is without root or cause save the blueprint of our DNA. We fuck and feed and drink and breathe and donít care, or do care, but it doesnít matter since time moves on and doesnít even ask our opinion about the whole matter; so it might as well go on with what itís been doing after all, erasing our thoughts and insights without emotion or slight. Time does not care how much effort you put in or how just or unjust the whole shebang is. The eraser butt of a pencil is all that is left after we have written our lives and the paper is slowly disintegrating even before we can proof read it or edit it or revise it or publish it or burn it all down. This continuous quest for identity, ever changing and in the end erased; here where no one is certain and many things are new and it still seems that that one night out or that one love or that one grade will be the magic switch pressure release that will absolve our desires from fresh ground to spurn from. Time will take care of it all; it will make it simply obsolete and our flame will not wither away due to a lack of oxygen or anything of the sort; it will move rhythmically to the beat of your own heart until the heart decides that it is enough and the rhythm will change to some potentiality that we hadnít thought possible before. Perhaps I once was or will be a lover, father, student or teacher or maniac or clown or everything and nothing not at the same time but at no time at all. This world or these words do not anchor me in the temporal, for the simply subsist of everything I once was and will be until time comes and sweeps it all away like it has done so before many times. And all the while, through this merry ghost chase of our generation, we are what we want and our wants will shape our future in a way that our parents or state or teachers could only dream of. Such slaves we are to the lego bricks of our genes and necessities of life. This is the great loss, depravity and tragedy of our generation; this lack of revolt not to others but to ourselves, to our wants lust and desires. We may dream of higher causes, but even the philosopher once thrust his semen into the world as our leaders in whose hands we put our lives have caressed lovers and wiped bottoms of themselves or their children. Thus I implore, my contemporaries and brethren, only this: I know that your drinking time is precious and nothing should stand in the way between you and a good fuck or some well-earned bragging about your expensive car or extraterrestrial cock. Yet next time, cigarette or credit card or bottle or syringe or whatever it may be what being craves in hand, simply take in mind that this will fade and nothing will last, no sustenance will be given that lasts forever save the one you can give to yourself. So, find a mate and be happy and watch those sitcoms and talk about those jeans and how they make you ass look, and masturbate over the symbols we all know and see on TV and love more than life itself. See your reflection not in a mirror but in a tree, or rock or cat or the sky for that matter. Greet the sun which may seem so far away yet only on your level. What does the sun want, or the laws of gravity or the flinters of skin ripped from their comfortable home every time you scratch that itch. How might our continuous gratification be any different if there is no choice?

Out of curiosity, have you been sleeping much at night the last few days?
Mr_Moustache

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really. I fall asleep at 8 or 9, wake up at 12 and then I can't sleep.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know why you're having trouble sleeping? Do you wake up and still feel tired?
Oneponytoruleall

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Oneponytoruleall on Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Snorri

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magniflorious wrote:

Full Ogre Ninja is better.

Mr_Moustache

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Do you know why you're having trouble sleeping? Do you wake up and still feel tired?

yes, anyways, i have occasional bouts of activity or depression, and the workouts dont seem to help so ill just have to ride the wave till it breaks on the shore.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you know it's possible you're bipolar. Have you seen anyone about it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: