welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I am so fucking multicultural
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam the Eagle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fnorder, if you ever want to play that game, be wary, be very wary of the Japaneses. Most can't stand a light beer without getting flushed, but those who can... oh boy.

Akemashite Omedeto

geting rid of any cultural trait whatsover sounds like fun too, why is everybody so keen to amass more?.

Last edited by Sam the Eagle on Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mizike

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you teach them how to say Melbourne properly? They seem to think it's some type of bun.
Fnorder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Sam: Only had the pleasure of drinking the weaker ones under the table. Also one Maori rugby player, though that took some considerable effort.

@Mizike: We tried to stay away from controversial and potentially offensive topics like that. Religion and politics are muuuuch safer.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam the Eagle wrote:
Fnorder, if you ever want to play that game, be wary, be very wary of the Japaneses. Most can't stand a light beer without getting flushed, but those who can... oh boy.

Akemashite Omedeto

geting rid of any cultural trait whatsover sounds like fun too, why is everybody so keen to amass more?.

I remember freshmen year of college...challenging a japanese girl to a game of quarters....not realizing she'd been working at a bar for like 2 years prior to coming to the states.

Never had my ass whipped at quarters quite so hard.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fnorder wrote:
I've spent my NYE with a bunch of Australians. While the cultural distance isn't that large, geographically you can hardly get further. The most fun part was when the poor Aussies tried to outdrink us Poles, the inventors of vodka Very Happy Poor poor fellows, the hangover must've been of biblical proportions...

When I was a tad younger I was having a quiet drink with a young, petite welsh girl, we got half way through our 7th bottle of vodka before I had to call it quits. Still to this day I can't believe the capacity that she could drink, me, I'm an alcoholic who drinks alcoholics under the table and would gladly drink vodka with the poles.
Fnorder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were those 0.5l bottles, or 1l bottles?

Anyway that's impressive, but far from amazing. The Russians are amazing. I mean drinking vodka from tall glasses? Amazing

I'm not a big fan of vodka anyway. Not since a bachelor party that sent me straight to the hospital with a concussion :-/ Now I know better. I hope.
dazedb42

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.75l bottles. I've drunk with Russians before when I was working on a mine site. They were a state sponsored delegation who came over to check out the extraction technology for the low grade ore. I have never seen so much vodka drunk. It was something like 12 Russians and 20 staff got rid of 48 bottles of vodka 36 bottles of red wine and the same in white then the delegation went to the wet mess and proceeded to drink everyone else under the table me included.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: