welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

V For Vendetta , Live , Courtesy of The Egyptian People.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Willem

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
Haven't heard anything "xenophobic" but then again I haven't been around my former coworkers or listening to anything from Fox News.

Hohoho, stay the fuck away from Fox News then. They've been jumping between "Look at how well the Bush Doctrine worked! Look!" and "Egypt is ready for democracy because the Egyptians might elect someone we don't like". They've also been ramping up the fear factor about the Muslim Brotherhood - a non-violent, democratic, religious party (Which means they're less extreme than the Republicans. They're probably more like one of the many religious parties in Europe.) But you know: Muslims!
Willem

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also all Obama's fault. He should have "stopped it".

But I don't think Fox News can spin this too hard. It's hard to demonize a bunch of people peacefully protesting in a square and hugging soldiers. Though then again, if you watch Fox News, you really don't need much convincing.
dazedb42

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...just went pear shaped.

Sad
dazedb42

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2:59pm Men on horseback and camels have entered Tahrir Square - not sure who they are. The army and soldiers are not intervening as of yet.

redemption from the Bedouin?
Willem

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Government thugs, actually.
Pixi-san

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been confirmed the police is behind the pro-Mubarak crowd that is armed with knives, batons, tear gas etc. and attacking/provoking the peaceful demonstrators after being conspicuously absent from the streets since the early days of the protests.

It's also highly suspected that they are behind the mass jail breaks , releasing criminals on to the streets.

Classy, Mubarak. Real classy. The camels and horses were such a pharaorgasmic touch.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pixi-san wrote:
On the topic of terminology, I absolutely hate the way some media groups are using the word 'contagion' to describe what's happening in the Middle East, as if this movement is a spreading disease that must be quashed.

What does that remind me of? AH YES

[img]http://wiki.songbirdnest.com/@api/deki/files/686/=agent-smith.jpg[/img]

A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we... are the cure."

He compares humanity to a virus, a disease organism that would replicate uncontrollably and eventually destroy their environment were it not for the machine intelligences keeping them in check.

That's really funny, cuz what I see is the exact opposite: the spreading of a vaccine.

On a side note, I was just having a pretty lengthy discussion last week about how these great visionary people come up with seemingly wonderful ideas...and then they get killed and their ideas get perverted and warped by greedy and ambitious successors out for personal gain. Jesus wanted a love hippy fest... then the Romans got ahold of the religion and treated it like a mute alter boy... Muhammed tried to say "Hey guys, you're doing it wrong! Let me put it to you another way..." then the Rashidun (righteously enlightened caliphs) went around spread Arab culture as if it were doctrine (Fuck you Persian infidels and all you're fancy hi-fallutin' learnin and sciences and zeroes, you're gonna worship God our way and like it!)... Lenin took Marx's ideas and made them seem doable...but then old Josef "Genocide" Stalin bumped Trotsky off the wagon and grabbed hold of the reign...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Him

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinese regime fears “Egyptization”

Thursday, 3 February 2011.
The words “Egypt” and “Tunisia” have been added to the list of censored items on the internet in China

Willem

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
Lenin took Marx's ideas and made them seem doable...but then old Josef "Genocide" Stalin bumped Trotsky off the wagon and grabbed hold of the reign...

Lenin wasn't all that great.
dazedb42

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Noes it's one of the four horsemen of the apocolypse..
Oneponytoruleall

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Oneponytoruleall on Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
dazedb42

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I have nothing to fear, that's why I live in one of the most remote places on the planet. The rest of you muppets are going down.!!1

In all seriousness though, the plight of the ME is probably one of the most important events in modern time. I for one hope we are witnessing a new renaissance in terms of an enlightenment for the millions of people who have been forced by despotic states to live in less than admirable ways.

The alternative does not bare thinking about.
Oneponytoruleall

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Oneponytoruleall on Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
dazedb42

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah you're right. sorry my bad.
Canopus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
Muhammed tried to say "Hey guys, you're doing it wrong! Let me put it to you another way..." then the Rashidun (righteously enlightened caliphs) went around spread Arab culture as if it were doctrine (Fuck you Persian infidels and all you're fancy hi-fallutin' learnin and sciences and zeroes, you're gonna worship God our way and like it!)

I heard different about the Umayyads, but it's not exactly like they rolled out the welcome wagon for Zoroastrians either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 4 of 14

Jump to: