welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dear Customer Services ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samsally

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, see, that to me is much worse than the guy I talked to. He at least realized that I knew what I was talking about and gave me credit for it in the end (in an odd way, but I think he was just a joker like that).
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
My last funny call was a guy that spent the first ten minutes asking me questions in a really condescending voice (Are YOU the person I ask computer questions to?) and after I answered every one of his questions quickly and accurately it was like turning on a light switch. Suddenly he was all sorts of delighted with me and asked me to marry him. When I said my boyfriend wouldn't appreciate it he said "Oh, its not about him, this is between you and me."

I don't know if it is sad or hilarious but this isn't the first time that has happened, either.

This reminds me of the very very flamboyantly gay tech call i took when i worked for microsoft. It tipped me off i was being monitored when i finished, fixed his problem, and he exclaimed "Oh My God tell me more about my thythtem!!" and My manager broke into peals of laughter from across the call center.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't want to believe that someone could be this stupid:

Quote:
Customer: “I plugged a mouse into my computer, and it died. Now I can’t get it out.”

(We review for a few minutes and I deduce that he has plugged a mouse into his USB port, but it’s stuck inside and won’t work.)

Me: “Okay, so grab the cord and try to pull on that.”

Customer: “You mean the tail? That’s already in the port.”

Me: “Well, the cord shouldn’t be. You’re supposed to plug in the other end.”

Customer: “You mean the head? I don’t think it would fit.”

(Suddenly realizing what the customer has done.)

Me: “Did you plug in a live mouse to your computer?”

Customer: “Yes, I believe I said that.”

(I put customer on hold for several minutes. When I recover I realize I don’t know what to tell the customer I call my supervisor who instructs the customer to bring the laptop into a repair shop. I get the customer back on and tell him this information.)

Customer: “But Mickey’s gone for good now, right?”

from: http://notalwaysright.com/attempting-mouse-to-mouse-resuscitation/9433
"Yes."
[long pause]
"Friend!"
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dinsky wrote:
As someone to does front line customer service for at least 100 different industries, I feel like I should oppose this in some way.

Dinsk, I'm second-line customer service (ie, the dude you phoned doesn't know shit, so I'll call you back). I am, literally, the SOS call.

I just enjoy that any company that makes anything (sandwiches, cigarettes, buildings, web sites, glass bottles) has their own 'Oh hey We'd love to hear from you!' going on.

I think they might be telling a little tiny lie.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That depends entirely on what you're telling 'em, I think. Like, a contact a coworker of mine got was somebody suggesting a way to advertise our products based on an experience being flash mobbed by a horde of zombies while shopping for our high end makeup in a mall. It was so hilarious that we still dig it out of our e-mail boxes to mail it around every now and then. Stories like that generally make it pretty far up the command chain, depending on the size of the company. There are more than one of us quite disappointed that zombies don't really mesh all that great with the company's overall theme.

Also, Monkey, that sounds absolutely hilarious and would be VERY hard to keep your voice level during. None of our monitoring is done live so I don't think I'll get to experience that.
dinsky

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Gary wrote:
dinsky wrote:
As someone to does front line customer service for at least 100 different industries, I feel like I should oppose this in some way.

Dinsk, I'm second-line customer service (ie, the dude you phoned doesn't know shit, so I'll call you back). I am, literally, the SOS call.

So you're the people we call to wake up at all hours of the night when shit goes wrong! Smile

Although you're right in that we mostly don't know shit, I prefer to think of us as the nice people who sort out those who don't actually need your help, and keep them from calling and whining at you.

Anyway, like I said, bring on the party. Make me some interesting phone calls. It's more fun that way.
CTrees

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, this kid was kinda awesome

Quote:
Me: “Do you have an ID?”

(The girl hands me her ID. She’s 21. She walks in, the boy she’s with starts following her.)

Me: “Oh, do you have an ID with you?”

Him: “Um…”

Me: “An ID?”

(He hands me his room key and smiles.)

Me: “This isn’t…”

Him: “I know.” *walks sadly out*

Mr Gary

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan wrote:
Gary, you are everything I could ever hope to be in a man.

I feel so inadequate.

And that, Nathan, is why I will continue to take all your beer and women. Sorry man, WINNING, duh. (Tiger Blood, etc etc).

No reply yet, perhaps they're busy. Guys, I work in customer service too, so I understand. But I don't sell cigarettes*. These guys deserve the difficult, obvious questions.

*obvs, I work for a bank, your awkward questions about dubious practices are not welcome and frankly, a bit shitty. We're a bank, we're awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet they have pre-written blurbs for the more awkward "YOUR CIGS KILLED MY MOTHER" sort of e-mails that they'll probably send you even though it won't quite make sense. It would be pretty bad form not to respond at all, though. I mean, you were really polite about it.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed Amazon customer service.

Me: When I follow this link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004BLIMOU/ref=asc_df_B004BLIMOU1480504?smid=A2YLYLTN75J8LR&linkCode=asn&creative=395105&creativeASIN=B004BLIMOU&tag=cnet_mp-2458-20
I see a USB drive for $38.25, but when I add it to my cart the price jumps to $45.24. That seems unethical. Can I buy it for the $38.25 I see it listed at, or not, and if not, why not?

Ganesh: Buy the product and when you receive it write to us and let us know if we charged you more than the listed price.

Me: ... that is so not an answer.
Magniflorious

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
I emailed Amazon customer service.

Me: When I follow this link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004BLIMOU/ref=asc_df_B004BLIMOU1480504?smid=A2YLYLTN75J8LR&linkCode=asn&creative=395105&creativeASIN=B004BLIMOU&tag=cnet_mp-2458-20
I see a USB drive for $38.25, but when I add it to my cart the price jumps to $45.24. That seems unethical. Can I buy it for the $38.25 I see it listed at, or not, and if not, why not?

Ganesh: Buy the product and when you receive it write to us and let us know if we charged you more than the listed price.

Me: ... that is so not an answer.

It's an answer, it just doesn't match to your question.
"Yes."
[long pause]
"Friend!"
Samsally

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen, on the right of the screen under where it says "More Buying Choices" click on the "11 new". From there click the add to cart button next to ANTOnline. They are going to charge you shipping though, so its technically going to amount to the same price either way.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, when I got the first email they gave me the option of "was this response helpful?" and when I clicked no they let me explain why... so I restated my problem and the next email included a $7 promo credit. Of course, Amazon charges me tax, so it's still cheaper to get it from Newegg... so really I did all of this for nothing. :-/
Samsally

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my state gets charged tax, too, kinda sucks but that is state law more than anything. i don't even know where newegg is based.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their mailing address is in CA, but they have distribution centers in several other states, just like Amazon. WA just apparently isn't one of them, so we don't get taxed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: