welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2011 Sendai earthquake and tsunami
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Highlord

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
You offended her while thousands are dead. Bravo.

While you typed that three troubled teenagers killed themselves. Way to go fucker.
Eiden

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
Eiden wrote:
Quote:
you made a clever remark while thousands are dead, bravo

Can you guess at all why I would think this is silly. A sincere question.

Maybe I'm in a bad mood, and I'm sorry if I offended you.

Trust me. I'm about as offended as Sam is threatened. I am sincerely asking if you can guess at all why I would think that statement is silly.
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject: mixed signals Reply with quote

Eiden wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
Eiden wrote:
Quote:
you made a clever remark while thousands are dead, bravo

Can you guess at all why I would think this is silly. A sincere question.

Maybe I'm in a bad mood, and I'm sorry if I offended you.

Trust me. I'm about as offended as Sam is threatened. I am sincerely asking if you can guess at all why I would think that statement is silly.

Well, I'm probably not the guy that you should ask, but from my perspective, you are writing in a very flowery prose, almost jovial, and that just didn't mesh with the reality of the situation.
Mizike

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since English isn't your first language, let me assure you that Eiden has not written in flowery prose.
Oneponytoruleall

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Gary wrote:
You all seem like awful people to me. Awful people. Everyone of you.
trustedfaith

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: I'd even say you were likeable if you'd fuckin listen Reply with quote

Ok I'm being honest here and not trying to be funny or a prick. And I'm really a nobody on here with a few questions in all seriousness.

Thy Brilliance wrote:
As I've said in the past, I'm here because of tat.

I don't understand this. Tat doesn't talk to people on the forums and you can easily read the strip without visiting the forums. Are you here to participate in the forum because you think these forums are in need of traffic/activity? I hate to break it to you but these boards have been steadily busy without your number of posts. They will continue to as well. Do you click on the ads? You can click on those via the strip page if you really want to help Tat out. So what does Tat have to do with you being here?

Thy Brilliance wrote:
I don't have the time nor the energy to spite you,

You apparently have a lot of time because you've continuously spent serious time putting up all sorts of random information here to argue your points with Usagi and everyone else. So that's not necessarily true. You have a lot of time and energy.

Thy Brilliance wrote:
I actually enjoy being here as hard as it is for you to believe.

How are you enjoying it here when every day and every time you post up your comments everyone is making fun of you and calling you names? You cannot seriously say that you find people calling you a cunt and a prick over and over enjoyable. What are you enjoying?

Thy Brilliance wrote:
But if you are going to ruin it for me (and others by the way) by being an asshole at all times then what choice do I have.

What others? I'm seriously asking this because I want an answer, not to be a jerk. No one has shown you any loyalty or has aided your side of any debate or argument. And I haven't seen anyone say that Sam is ruining anything for them on here. So who are you talking about and why?

Thy Brilliance wrote:
The criticism of you that I make by stating that paradox (which it is) is to bring attention to the fact that you are being a huge asshole. It's not alright for you to be a huge asshole in a thread just to show and tell others to not interact with me.

I just don't understand you. Several people have pointed out to you that Usagi has given you a lot of patience in engaging you in your debate/discussion and you have consistently patronized him and everyone else in how you structure your posts.

Granted, people have been sarcastic to you and some others have told you to fuck off and called you names -- but Usagi was making an honest effort to continue the discussion and you still centered your posts in a patronizing tone.

On top of this, all the people who were calling you names and telling you to fuck off stopped out of genuine concern for your well being because they authentically felt that your mental stability was questionable. You completely ignored this. You completely ignored the fact that people stopped being mean to you and became concerned for you. And you continued patronizing.

And honestly, don't you think that's being an asshole too? If you're going to complain about how someone else is treating you don't you think you should look at how you're treating people too? You can't point fingers and complain about others' treatment of you if you're not treating people fairly either.

Thy Brilliance wrote:
I follow the rules. I try to be as nice as I can. And you stupidly just don't understand that fact.

What else do you want?

I'm not sure what you mean about the rules. You're not trying to be as nice as you can. You're really not. You're no better than the people you're trying to call out on their behavior. Please take a step back and look at how you word your posts. If you were on the other side of this discussion, would you like to be talked to that way? Do you like people patronizing you? If you want people to treat you fairly, treat other people fairly and talk to them like how you would like to be talked to.

What I personally want to see is you actually listening to other people when they're giving you feedback and engaging you in a conversation. Like I've said previously to other people on these forums is that if you're going to have an honest open discussion with people you have to come to the discussion with an open mind.

Coming to a discussion with a closed mind and the stance that no one is going to change your mind makes the discussion pointless and unproductive. Making the attempt to listen to what other people are saying to you says a lot about you as a person. And right now, you don't listen to anyone and that's why no one listens to you. You're only listening to yourself talk.

Food for thought Thy. For what it's worth.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trustedfaith wrote:
Ok I'm being honest here and not trying to be funny or a prick. And I'm really a nobody on here with a few questions in all seriousness.

trustedfaith wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
As I've said in the past, I'm here because of tat.

I don't understand this. Tat doesn't talk to people on the forums and you can easily read the strip without visiting the forums. Are you here to participate in the forum because you think these forums are in need of traffic/activity? I hate to break it to you but these boards have been steadily busy without your number of posts. They will continue to as well. Do you click on the ads? You can click on those via the strip page if you really want to help Tat out. So what does Tat have to do with you being here?

I also happen to like the community that tat helped create, and I really only comment on items that I have an opinion on. I lurked in this forum for a long time before joining.

trustedfaith wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
I don't have the time nor the energy to spite you,

You apparently have a lot of time because you've continuously spent serious time putting up all sorts of random information here to argue your points with Usagi and everyone else. So that's not necessarily true. You have a lot of time and energy.

It's time I could spent doing other things, but I come here to relax. I'm a workaholic, and the things I argue about are very likely things I would research on my spare time, so two birds with one stone. Spite is unproductive, and I hate unproductive behavior.

trustedfaith wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
I actually enjoy being here as hard as it is for you to believe.

How are you enjoying it here when every day and every time you post up your comments everyone is making fun of you and calling you names? You cannot seriously say that you find people calling you a cunt and a prick over and over enjoyable. What are you enjoying?

This is nothing compared to my childhood, a thick skin goes a long way. If I don't find the insults productive I'll just ignore them, but only when someone insults an entire ideology that I have will I be greatly effected.

trustedfaith wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
But if you are going to ruin it for me (and others by the way) by being an asshole at all times then what choice do I have.

What others? I'm seriously asking this because I want an answer, not to be a jerk. No one has shown you any loyalty or has aided your side of any debate or argument. And I haven't seen anyone say that Sam is ruining anything for them on here. So who are you talking about and why?

He's disrupting the thread simply because I'm in it. He's made up his mind about me and that's that. Anyone that wanted the topic to stay on topic was affected by his refusal to stop cluttering the thread, and forcing me to converse with him.

trustedfaith wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
The criticism of you that I make by stating that paradox (which it is) is to bring attention to the fact that you are being a huge asshole. It's not alright for you to be a huge asshole in a thread just to show and tell others to not interact with me.

I just don't understand you. Several people have pointed out to you that Usagi has given you a lot of patience in engaging you in your debate/discussion and you have consistently patronized him and everyone else in how you structure your posts.

Granted, people have been sarcastic to you and some others have told you to fuck off and called you names -- but Usagi was making an honest effort to continue the discussion and you still centered your posts in a patronizing tone.

On top of this, all the people who were calling you names and telling you to fuck off stopped out of genuine concern for your well being because they authentically felt that your mental stability was questionable. You completely ignored this. You completely ignored the fact that people stopped being mean to you and became concerned for you. And you continued patronizing.

And honestly, don't you think that's being an asshole too? If you're going to complain about how someone else is treating you don't you think you should look at how you're treating people too? You can't point fingers and complain about others' treatment of you if you're not treating people fairly either.

It is infuriating to have your flaws being brought up against you during an argument, and perhaps every argument you will ever be in. It makes me seriously question whether I can trust anyone in good faith to not judge me by my flaws. It is at that point where the human psyche begins to have no pity for anyone, no matter who they are or how nice they are being, for it is in fact that niceness that infuriates me the most. As darc said, I would probably prefer to be hated than pitied. My pride cannot handle the fact that usagi is being patient and understanding, yes it is sick and fucked up and I'm sorry.

trustedfaith wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
I follow the rules. I try to be as nice as I can. And you stupidly just don't understand that fact.

What else do you want?

I'm not sure what you mean about the rules. You're not trying to be as nice as you can. You're really not. You're no better than the people you're trying to call out on their behavior. Please take a step back and look at how you word your posts. If you were on the other side of this discussion, would you like to be talked to that way? Do you like people patronizing you? If you want people to treat you fairly, treat other people fairly and talk to them like how you would like to be talked to.

What I personally want to see is you actually listening to other people when they're giving you feedback and engaging you in a conversation. Like I've said previously to other people on these forums is that if you're going to have an honest open discussion with people you have to come to the discussion with an open mind.

Coming to a discussion with a closed mind and the stance that no one is going to change your mind makes the discussion pointless and unproductive. Making the attempt to listen to what other people are saying to you says a lot about you as a person. And right now, you don't listen to anyone and that's why no one listens to you. You're only listening to yourself talk.

Food for thought Thy. For what it's worth.

There is a reason why I am passionate about this particular topic, why I refuse to change my mind about it. A reason that reaches far beyond my friend in japan and the many people suffering there.

You see, I was born in 1986. My mother was still pregnant with me when Chernobyl happened. A theory has been floated about, that most of my flaws, the issues I've been dealing with my whole life are a result of this disaster, and I don't think I have it in me to forgive the incompetent bastards that allowed it to happen. But of course, I have no real proof, and that itself is far more infuriating than anything anyone has ever said to me; to constantly question my existence, to never know for sure. If I am not reading my posts carefully it is because I am in a blind rage from which I will never awaken from, and for this I am sorry.
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're Ukranian?
Usagi Miyamoto

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:32 am    Post subject: seijaku wo tanoshinde kudasai Reply with quote

Fukushima Daiichi mysteriously absent from lists of best places to work.

Seems there's no shortage of ways things can get worse, though so far it looks like the airborne evil has been on the decline. And if Three Mile Island is any guide, it'll be years before they even figure out everything that's gone wrong.

Thy Brilliance wrote:
I'll gladly shut up when usagi admits that there is more to this situation than meets the eye.

I admit, there is more to this situation than meets the eye.
Willem

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
You see, I was born in 1986. My mother was still pregnant with me when Chernobyl happened. A theory has been floated about, that most of my flaws, the issues I've been dealing with my whole life are a result of this disaster, and I don't think I have it in me to forgive the incompetent bastards that allowed it to happen. But of course, I have no real proof, and that itself is far more infuriating than anything anyone has ever said to me; to constantly question my existence, to never know for sure. If I am not reading my posts carefully it is because I am in a blind rage from which I will never awaken from, and for this I am sorry.

Chernobyl caused your autism? Have you ever considered you just lost the genetic lottery? That you were shit out of luck? Or do you need something or someone to blame it on?

Or - after reading your posts in this thread - maybe you don't have autism or anything like that. And maybe those "flaws" aren't all that special or serious. Maybe you're just using them to explain why you're such a horrible person, while in fact, it's because you are a horrible person. But it's not your fault nobody wanted to sit next to you in class, it's your nuclear flaws and the people that created them! And the hate you feel towards nuclear energy is actually an expression of your self-loathing, because deep down - in the corners of your mind that haven't been reached by your relentless self-indoctrination - you know nuclear energy has nothing to do with you being a failed human being.
Mr_Moustache

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bad manners to kick a man when he's down willem.
Willem

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that a pun?
CTrees

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
I'll gladly shut up when usagi admits that there is more to this situation than meets the eye.

The yellow rain is Decepticons peeing on japan! Radioactively!
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THY-AY-AY

oh thy. what are we going to do with you, you adorable scamp! Stop having this conversation, it's not doing anyone any good. You've as much as said there's no way anything is going to change your mind or steer you off course, so why keep going? It's seven pages of verbal abuse.
trustedfaith

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis J. Squidbunny wrote:
THY-AY-AY

oh thy. what are we going to do with you, you adorable scamp! Stop having this conversation, it's not doing anyone any good. You've as much as said there's no way anything is going to change your mind or steer you off course, so why keep going? It's seven pages of verbal abuse.

Right, because all it is now is you ranting at people Thy. If you're not going to listen, it's not a discussion. And you've already said you have no interest in changing your mind -- your mind is made up. So at this point, agree to disagree and try to learn from your mistakes if you want these forums to be more than being insulted on them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 23 of 26

Jump to: