Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yes, I know, Ponies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 203, 204, 205 ... 213, 214, 215  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hydro wrote:
Finally watched all episodes and movie. Yay. Now to start watching/reading/listening to the fan work~

READ PARADISE, HYDRO

oh
and listen to the epic orchestrals and rock ballads and edms

and watch the PMVs and flufflepuffs and Friendship is Witchcrafts and the Rainbow Dash Presentses and the disturbingly bipedal fight choreographies

and read the never-going-to-be-finished story comics and favorite ten thousand fanarts

play Cave Derpy on hard mode and give up on megapony and rant about Pony Fantasy VI

and ship flutterdash and braemac and never give up on OTP
AND BELIEVE IN THE ME WHO BELIEVES IN YOU

but...
uh...

don't get involved in tumblrpon
tumblrpon is ded
DED, I SEI.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohey this thing I wrote a couple years ago makes even more sense than it did before Alicorn Day

Heretical Rants wrote:
Princess Celestia and Twilight Sparkle are the same pony.

Every fifty years Twilight turns into Celesta and the old Celestia passes on. Likewise with Trixie and Luna. This is evident in Luna's lesser self-confidence and greater exuberant showmanship, and also in Trixie's desire to one-up Twilight.

They are one and the same, just at different levels of maturity. The other ponies don't ever notice the change. Each time they just think that Twilight and Trixie died and they don't ever notice any changes in the princesses.

The current Celestia's attempts to make Twilight make lots of friends is, subconsciously, a retroactive attempt to make her own childhood better.

This is also why she chose a phoenix as a pet--it somewhat mirrors her own life cycle.

_______

It took me two hours laying half asleep dreaming about ponies this morning to come up with this. Therefore it must be true.
Also, Applejack is capable of flight by attaching a propeller to a lasso and swinging it around with her tail.

shaddup
I'm totally sane

and this seems so quaint
aaaah, 2011
Sam wrote:
Heretical Rants wrote:
The pony music compilation is up to 4gb now. Shit, this is going to end up rivaling Touhou, isn't it?

Am I reading this correctly and you have literally 4gb+ of My Little Pony remixes

the fandom is pushing 70,000 songs now, I think

Last edited by Heretical Rants on Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:44 am; edited 1 time in total
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't want to go with the immortal alicorn theory, a better one is that Princess Celestia has just been casting an age spell on herself to wait for the day her sister returns.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer my insane crack theory that came to me in a prophetic dream two years ago

they wouldn't ever really have a reason to stop casting the age spell, though, would they

and Twi can totes learn it even if she couldn't cast it in that one ep.

and you can cast it on ponies other than yourself
and more extreme shapeshifting has been demonstrated(frog => sentient orange is more intense than internal organ => less terrible version of internal organ), so we know it doesn't have to just be superficial

in fact, they can probably cure any disease and heal pretty much any injury

but then why was Rainbow Dash in the hospital for so long
wait, I think there was a fanfic about that
a really shippy fanfic

hmmmmm

EDIT: fixed a thing because I am a derp

Last edited by Heretical Rants on Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Hydro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try to get around to some of those soon~

Oh, and the episode with the Crystal Empire and that similarity to Crystal Tokyo in the Sailor Moon series reminded me of this: The people of the moon often could have life spans longer than 1000 years with the influence of the Silver Crystal. (For instance, in the manga, Chibiusa is 903). Celestial is totally the Goddess/Queen Serenity in my eyes, haha. I could definitely go on with intertextual conspiracy here....
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH GOD IT'S HAPPENING! Inconvenient Trixie is slowly becoming real!

Last edited by WheelsOfConfusion on Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Hydro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
OH GOD IT'S HAPPENING! Inconvenient Trixie is slowly becoming real!

Forget Trixie, that artist did a cute Derpy! http://hoikarnage.deviantart.com/art/Dancing-Derpy-391783647
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give you a short Derpy cartoon, featuring the honest to dog voice of Grey DeLisle in the title role!
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://princessglitterpunch.tumblr.com/post/60393178226/luna-liking-videogames-thats-a-shit-and-lame

This reminds me that I really need to put together some kind of "Ponies For Wolfaboos" tutorial. Not a day goes by that I don't see somebody's gallery and it's full of FiM ponies drawn with cartoon doggy traits. From the shape of the head to the pointed muzzles to the fluffy everythings, it's like they just don't know how to draw any other way.
A guide that points out the crucial differences between wolf/horse and cartoon dog/cartoon pony anatomy is sorely needed.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was this posted here already? I don't care, because it's that awesome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Est3UNs-LIk

Also, I've just watched like 6 of those in a row, damn that shit's as bad as tvtropes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
From the shape of the head to the pointed muzzles to the fluffy everythings, it's like they just don't know how to draw any other way.

that's probably because they don't.

they didn't really learn to draw, as in draw anything; they learned to draw wolves, and, well, that's kind of it. it's like the people who didn't really learn to draw, but they did learn to draw anime people or Sonic characters or Fairly Oddparents characters or whatever, and so it is supremely difficult to learn to draw anything else. it's what i did, when i started drawing DBZ characters and whatever when i was twelve, and thirteen years later i still haven't gotten that shit out of my system.

five years from now, that's how it'll be with ponies.

also fuck gamer luna that shit's just "hey what if luna was the all-purpose brony self-insert character" that post is right wolfaboo luna is way better.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDW has rather stealthily announced that they're ending the familiar micro-series that's focused on a different character for each issue. December's issue featuring LUNA! will be the last one of the run, according to the September solicitations. That's as far into the future as they go, so we just won't have any more information from official channels until next month.
But according to this interview with Ted Anderson (writer for the Pinkie Pie and CMC stories, plus most of the upcoming one-shot Equestria Girls annual), the company has other plans for that kind of one-off format to run concurrently with the arc-driven main series. The relevant bits are around 4:40, 22, and 33:17 minutes into the podcast if you want to skip all the fun stuff.
The solicitations for January should be out sometime next month, so we should know what they're planning to do by then. And it's probably not a new EQG series. The pony comics (main and micro-series) have been IDW's biggest sellers since their introduction, and sometimes were the only IDW titles to make the monthly Top 100 in Comichron. Not only is pony outselling Star Trek, Doctor Who, and Transformers, it's also outselling a ton of titles by Marvel and DC.

EQD's Newbie Artist Training Grounds Year 3 is finally done!
I managed to have something drawn and submitted every day for the past month, causing many late nights as the deadline was 3 am local time.
Guess I can kick back and relax now that it's over. What? The deadline for this week's ATG Alumni challenge is tonight at midnight? asdfpahsiodfu!
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attention fanfiction writers:

cut it out with the gratuitous quotes from the show

if every other phrase in your work that you've given special emphasis is a memeified catchphrase

then you're doing something horribly wrong

especially if the quote has been put into a completely new context and stripped of its original meaning

example:

Quote:
“Ya got her mane, y’know,” his father said softly, letting his traitorous
son past. “Ah really liked her mane.”

now, see, you could claim that wording was a coincidence, but I'd know you were lying, especially since this particular work is sprinkled will all sorts of awkward quotations, one of which was a forced fourth-wall-break involving Star Wars or some shit

and it doesn't make me, as a reader, make any sort of meaningful connection to the source material, like you have a chance at when you build on existing characters or settings through the characters and not through random quotes

it's actually just kind of jarring (I'm so frustrated that I could just kick something)
it pulls me out of the story you're supposedly trying to tell, and it does it for no reason other than to bludgeon me over the head (too loud?) with the reminder that it's a fanwork (yay?)

especially in the cases where it turns up in something that's (MUFFINS) decently crafted otherwise

and it makes me feel slightly stupider for (it was under E!) reading it, especially when it happens in a work that's clearly trying to take itself seriously in all other regards

and I cringe

every Grand-Galloping-Gala time

so stop

please

you gotta share

you gotta care

so STAHP

______

On a totally completely unrelated note, I never thought I would, back when it was coming out, but I actually read that Fallout: Equestria behemoth of a crossover.
It was OK.

goodbye, ~20 hours of my life
hello, cruel world

WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
example:

Quote:
“Ya got her mane, y’know,” his father said softly, letting his traitorous
son past. “Ah really liked her mane.”

That sets off my creepmeter something fierce.

On another note, if you start today you can watch one episode of MLP:Fim each day until the premiere of Season 4.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if I just rewatch Magical Mystery Cure every day instead?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 203, 204, 205 ... 213, 214, 215  Next
Page 204 of 215

Jump to: