welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

yes, i'm ranting about bush and iraq.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:54 am    Post subject: yes, i'm ranting about bush and iraq. Reply with quote

some bits from here i just have to fuss about, because i can't believe he is trotting out such pathetic tired b.s.:

Quote:
Quoting repeatedly from Osama bin Laden, President Bush said Tuesday that pulling U.S. troops out of Iraq would fulfill the terrorist leader's wishes and propel him into a more powerful global threat in the mold of Adolf Hitler.

of course, hitler had an industrial nation behind his back, as well as some of the top scientists actively working on weapons programs, while bin laden is in a cave somewhere....then again, we've spent nearly as much time in iraq as it took us to totally defeat hitler and japan both. then again, when we wanted to take out hitler, we didn't make a feint at germany and then attack serbo-croatia.

Quote:
Later, the White House said Bush was extending for one-year the national emergency he declared following the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks because the ''terrorist threat continues'' and measures adopted to deal with that emergency must remain in effect.

in other words: stop bugging me about the warrantless surveillance because WE AREN'T YET SAFE THERE IS STILL AN EMERGENCY FEAR FEAR FEAR ONLY I CAN SAVE YOU so we will continue to be on an emergency footing until you are all too panicked to think straight (again).

Quote:
One document Bush cited was what he called ''a grisly al-Qaida manual'' found in 2000 by British police during an anti-terrorist raid in London, which included a chapter called ''Guidelines for Beating and Killing Hostages.''
... pity the white house didn't pay any attention to it back before 9/11, but somehow i think they've paid careful attention to that one chapter since.

Quote:
The White House also unveiled a letter from bin Laden to Taliban leader Mullah Omar in which he wrote about plans for a ''media campaign to create a wedge between the American people and their government'' so the people will pressure leaders to retreat in the fight.
wow, mullah omar - _there's_ a name we haven't heard in a while...wonder what hole he's in these days? not one where he's putting out much of a media campaign, i bet. wonder how old _that_ missive is.

Quote:
-- Al-Qaida can cause the U.S. economy to collapse by implementing a ''bleed-until-bankruptcy plan.''

that sounds remarkably like what bush is doing, with his massive tax cuts in time of war - to say nothing of his refusal to do anything to stop pork-barrel spending. suppose we can make the case that dubya is a pawn of al qaeda?

however, the article also says:
Quote:
To make the administration's strategy more clear, the White House on Tuesday published a 23-page booklet called ''National Strategy for Combating Terrorism,'' which Bush described as an unclassified version of the strategy he's been pursuing since Sept. 11, 2001.
- so we will finally find out what, exactly, he thinks he's doing...and perhaps it will make it easier to make people understand why his plan is not succeeding, since
Quote:
The booklet's conclusion: ''Since the Sept. 11 attacks, America is safer, but we are not yet safe.''

all the things he's done, all his plans and his great strategy, all the dead - and he admits we aren't safe. and if he hasn't made us safe in 5 years, when he had both houses of congress and large portions of the american people behind him, willing to give him whatever he asked for - why should we believe that somehow, in the future, his plan will work, and we will be safe?

i keep thinking people _must_ finally be seeing through this nonsense - but then netscape news now has comments on the stories, like:
DocJ wrote:
Cool...but please keep the important parts secret for two reasons.

1. It will annoy the hell out of the leftist Democrats who are just itching to tell all of our defense secrets to the enemy.

2. We don't really want the enemy to know what we are planning to do. Keeping them in suspense is almost as important as keeping the enemy within (democrats) in suspense.......

yup - the democrats, who are in just as much danger as anyone else from a terrorist attack, who are just as much citizens, who have every bit as much to lose - the democrats are the enemy. if we can't even get our own people working together, what hope do we have of persuading all the different factions in iraq, the ones currently blowing each other up - how do we get them to work together, and form a democratic government? or do they figure the new iraqi government can be just like this administration, openly working for only one portion of the people and villifying the other...in which case, they should have left saddam in, that's pretty much what he had going. and rummy knew him and everything - he wouldn't have to try to make new friends.
Major Tom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: yes, i'm ranting about bush and iraq. Reply with quote

mouse wrote:

Quote:
Quoting repeatedly from Osama bin Laden, President Bush said Tuesday that pulling U.S. troops out of Iraq would fulfill the terrorist leader's wishes and propel him into a more powerful global threat in the mold of Adolf Hitler.

of course, hitler had an industrial nation behind his back, as well as some of the top scientists actively working on weapons programs, while bin laden is in a cave somewhere....then again, we've spent nearly as much time in iraq as it took us to totally defeat hitler and japan both. then again, when we wanted to take out hitler, we didn't make a feint at germany and then attack serbo-croatia.

...that was the guy they stopped chasing right? the one of whom our good ol' prezzie boy quipped "i'm not too worried about him"?
Marik

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: we will appease the reich Reply with quote

BUSH IS NONE-TOO-CONCERNED ABOUT HITLER
CopperTop

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When this needless action in Iraq's death toll for US soldiers equals the number of lives lost on September 11, 2001 - does this mean that the American people can take up a collection and put a $25 million bounty on Bush's head for terroristic acts against American families?
Willem

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, you have to divide the number of American casualties by the number of Iraqi casualties, so you'd need a while to get to the 9/11 number.
kame

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For your amusement and future reference, here's what Bush has said about bin Laden at various points in time, depending on how he was trying to spin things:

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
- G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

"I want justice...There's an old poster out West, as I recall, that said, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive,'"
- G.W. Bush, 9/17/01, UPI

"...Secondly, he is not escaping us. This is a guy, who, three months ago, was in control of a county [sic]. Now he's maybe in control of a cave. He's on the run. Listen, a while ago I said to the American people, our objective is more than bin Laden. But one of the things for certain is we're going to get him running and keep him running, and bring him to justice. And that's what's happening. He's on the run, if he's running at all. So we don't know whether he's in cave with the door shut, or a cave with the door open -- we just don't know...."
- Bush, in remarks in a Press Availablity with the Press Travel Pool,
The Prairie Chapel Ranch, Crawford TX, 12/28/01, as reported on
official White House site

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
- G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02)

Official Bush attention span for mass murderers: 3 months, 17 days Very Happy
Azmoten

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey hey hey, he can't help that he got distracted by something shiny.

Shiny, shiny oil.
Snorri

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willem wrote:
Nah, you have to divide the number of American casualties by the number of Iraqi casualties, so you'd need a while to get to the 9/11 number.

Or, you could add the number of Iraqi casualties to the American ones.
Why would killing one person count for less than some other person?

Azmoten

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CIA is now watching this thread, after the mention of putting a bounty on Dubya.

Sup guys!
Snorri

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Could I get a police-squad over here? Reply with quote

THEY DID IT!

kame

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Could I get a police-squad over here? Reply with quote

Snorri wrote:
THEY DID IT!

Snorri is our leader!
Snorri

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Could I get a police-squad over here? Reply with quote

kame wrote:
Snorri wrote:
THEY DID IT!

Snorri is our leader!

LIES!

Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snorri wrote:
Or, you could add the number of Iraqi casualties to the American ones.
Why would killing one person count for less than some other person?

Thanks, Snorri.

::signs the secret sign of following the Snorri::

Secret

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the handbasket accelerates just a tiny bit more, bringing us up to several billion miles per hour.
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: yes, i'm ranting about bush and iraq. Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
Quote:
Later, the White House said Bush was extending for one-year the national emergency he declared following the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks because the ''terrorist threat continues'' and measures adopted to deal with that emergency must remain in effect.

in other words: stop bugging me about the warrantless surveillance because WE AREN'T YET SAFE THERE IS STILL AN EMERGENCY FEAR FEAR FEAR ONLY I CAN SAVE YOU so we will continue to be on an emergency footing until you are all too panicked to think straight (again).
Quote:
The booklet's conclusion: ''Since the Sept. 11 attacks, America is safer, but we are not yet safe.''

all the things he's done, all his plans and his great strategy, all the dead - and he admits we aren't safe. and if he hasn't made us safe in 5 years, when he had both houses of congress and large portions of the american people behind him, willing to give him whatever he asked for - why should we believe that somehow, in the future, his plan will work, and we will be safe?

Don't worry, I saw on TV last night that Katie Couric will be interviewing Bush about our level of safety! Known far and wide for her hard-hitting style, no doubt she'll get to the bottom of this. The brains behind such amazing displays of journalistic ability as, "Harry Potter: Behind the Magic," will spare no effort in cracking this nut. Sleep well, mouse, for Katie Couric, the most entertaining name in journalism, is on the case!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: