welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bear Grylls is a pandering wannabe.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When a show purporting to demonstrate survival tactics has the host drinking his own urine and parkouring across a fucking desert, that's not entertainment. That's lying. Dangerous lying. It's not that his show was supposed to be "entertainment." It can be entertainment without spreading false information that can get people hurt or killed. Nobody with a shred of responsibility should have signed on to do all that shit even for a season.
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject: manufacturing dissent Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
When a show purporting to demonstrate survival tactics has the host drinking his own urine and parkouring across a fucking desert, that's not entertainment. That's lying. Dangerous lying. It's not that his show was supposed to be "entertainment." It can be entertainment without spreading false information that can get people hurt or killed. Nobody with a shred of responsibility should have signed on to do all that shit even for a season.

Aron Ralston survived by drinking his own urine.

It is a controversial way to survive, but it has been proven to work.

Parkour is a relatively new concept, that attempts to use the human body as efficiently as possible. No one has really experimented on these things, or done any scientific studies. So why would you complain when a professional tries it?

The guy did climb everest at 23, it's not like he made up his credentials.
Eiden

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: manufacturing dissent Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
Parkour is a relatively new concept, that attempts to use the human body as efficiently as possible. No one has really experimented on these things, or done any scientific studies. So why would you complain when a professional tries it?

I want you to try really hard to answer this question. I want you to sincerely guess what our complaint might be. Please give us your serious absolute best guess, using the material you have here already in this thread, what you think we're on about.

I'm legitimately curious to know exactly how much you absolutely, honestly, cannot grasp.
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:07 am    Post subject: Please get help, you are not well. Reply with quote

Eiden wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:

I want you to try really hard to answer this question. I want you to sincerely guess what our complaint might be. Please give us your serious absolute best guess, using the material you have here already in this thread, what you think we're on about.

I'm legitimately curious to know exactly how much you absolutely, honestly, cannot grasp.

A person like you only looks for reasons to hate others.

Nothing in your post suggests sincerity.

I would recommend for you to start talking to someone you know and love.

And get better soon.
Samsally

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's not condescending you, she's actively trying to get you to explain so she can understand where the miscommunication has happened. She's elaborating one point with extra care because if we don't you tend to pick something small and make a tangent out of it rather than address the direct question.

This is what I interpreted from her post, anyway.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Thy is being infinitely more condescending anyway.
Eiden

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: Please get help, you are not well. Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
A person like you only looks for reasons to hate others.

I have already told you that you are bad at internet psychology. I'm also fairly certain that you're deaf to your tone enough that you would fail to understand how ridiculous (and contempt-worthy) your suggestions about my mental health are, and why they would only enhance negative perception of you and dig you a deeper grave, were you not already hitting bedrock here.

Are you going to decline to try to answer the question? What, in the absence of complete sincerity, do you envision to 'suggest sincerity'? What is the Thy-test for sincerity?

But before you answer that, I'd much prefer you answer this:

Quote:
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She doesn't actually care though.
Eiden

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are batting a big fat zero on determining my motives! I think you might have to accept that you are actually really really bad at reading others and that this is a large part of, frankly, your complete inability to interact with the community at large here without inspiring scorn and ridicule.

Which is why my original question is so pertinent and (yes, virginia) something I actively have interest in seeing answered!
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And once it is answered, then what?

You decide on a final verdict carved in stone?

You give out judgments too easily.

You have a hypothesis and you want to desperately prove it to yourself, not necessarily to me.

That's why it is hard to believe your motivation is nothing but malicious and self serving.
Sojobo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
your motivation is nothing but malicious and self serving.

Your posts make baby Sagan cry.
Sam

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
Please get help, you are not well.

Can I crown this as like the king of all Thy alt-text titles or something
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:50 am    Post subject: context matters Reply with quote

Sojobo wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
your motivation is nothing but malicious and self serving.

You forgot to mention the hard to believe part.
Sojobo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
You forgot to mention the hard to believe part.

Sorry.

Thy Brilliance wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
it is hard to believe your motivation is nothing but malicious and self serving.

Samsally

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So. You're refusing to answer a question on the grounds that somebody is going to judge you for your answer. All the while slinging insults and assumptions in an attempt to just get them to stop asking.

What you are doing is just making people more curious of the answer and at the same time giving them a lot more fodder to judge you with.

Understanding is important to how people empathize. You are making that nearly impossible by both refusing to answer and actively trying to hurt others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: