welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IR(evived)Crap
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thorny

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:26 am    Post subject: IR(evived)Crap Reply with quote

irc.sorcery.net
#sinfest

To whatever end it may or may not serve, it is registered again. I am currently researching the forum documentation of the history of the moderation of the channel post-2004, which is approximately when I stopped accessing it on a daily basis. If you would like to aid me by shedding any light on the hands it's passed through, please post or PM.

Trust me to maintain it? Come find out, or find me help. Lets meet to discuss the future of a channel that will never truly die.

Who am I? Personal references available on request.

Last edited by thorny on Tue May 17, 2011 7:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sam

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*requests thorny's personal details*

*gets back sheet of paper that says 'thorny'*
thorny

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the nearly three years of daily old-forum and IRC activity,
which eventually led to the spending of the six months at the house of the hosts of the 2005 "Mage-con" in Wyoming during said con, where I witnessed the fasting of the hands of the festers whilst in the company of the other festers...

...I have gone on to become an eSports ("competitive video gaming") personality through the construction of http://www.dm8x.com and http://www.youtube.com/dm8x - Dominatrix ESports. The name was in fact largely inspired by TwilightMage's then(still now? idk) partner, Lilith. Anyway, as a reference, this community of mine has been active for approximately three years. Compared to this forum and community, it is a baby. However, you're welcome to contact information for any of them.

Festers that may remember me, only listed because I vaguely remember them (some I see are still active):

Dogen
WheelsofConfusion
Mr. Meddler
Samsally (was new shortly after i was, I believe. everyone else on this list was here before me)
Coppertop
Ms. Frisby
Dennis Squidbunny
reasonablymad
Major Tom
Guccipiggy
JohnnyStrider
E-boy
Uncle Benny
bad lil kitty
CuteKat
BoySetsFire (we won a year's sinnies category together. odd story.)
ElDingo (one of the original purveyors of the sunday morning playlist thread)
TIAB (i wish we'd kept in touch. pretty swell chap. i'm trying hard to remember if he was at magecon05? i think so, could swear it. not sure, was so long ago).
Bodhisattva (thanks for rescuing me from the bus station, and for the great greek lunch!)
absoluthoyt
Karui_Kage
Ebenezum
Archon
mindflame
Doctor Device (at his wedding, in the backyard of joe&dawn's in wyoming, where i'd stayed for a few months)
sm1f

Those are the only ones I pretty well remember, though there are others that sound familiar and still more that haven't made it to post hardly anything on these new forums.

Last edited by thorny on Mon May 16, 2011 8:54 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
thorny

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(I saw the oldbie station thread and claimed my drink already, ;P)

WheelsofConfusion referenced me here:
"John_Doe has made appearances recently. Black Kitty is still around on LJ, same with her seastar and thorny, Sundesha, Dahlia, Ender, Zwarf, and Doc. Tdot mainly has his own webcomic to maintain, but he does pop upon the Dominic Deegan board every once in a while.

What ever happened to Anguirus2000?"

^ posted in 2006
http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=87389

Most of the people I posted/chatted around ended up on SUAD or were in that circle.. Jae, Mage, Nephlyte, Gangrell.

It's kind of all coming back to me, reading this Wall of Lost Souls thread on the old keenspot forum. Very Happy
thorny

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh here, I found myself.

thornyFarrell
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Managed to remember my login info and everything. Nifty.
http://forums.keenspot.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13853

Sam, you had around 24 times the number of posts that I did. Congrats o.o
Halen

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People that are still here:

Dogen
WheelsofConfusion
Mr. Meddler
Samsally
Dennis Squidbunny

People that want IRC:

If you want my references, I'm pretty amazing, and once drank a whole bottle of coca cola. I'm pretty important on the internet, and my mum thinks I'm special.
Willem

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you totally expected this to go a lot better, didn't you?
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once upon a time thorny was one of the cool kids. It's weird, thinking about how the forum has changed over the years... I mean, we used to have cool kids. We still have people that most everyone likes, but we used to have de facto "leaders," and hierarchies (newbie and oldbie were actually used as descriptors, and who got to be called an oldbie changed depending on how many of the "originals" were left). Rei, Shannon, MadMan, Doc (this is, literally, 10 years ago)... they used to be able to say anything, do anything, and people thought it was cool. Later, Sam and Frisby got a little of that kind of action. I had a moment when I owned the IRC channel. Of course at the time it wasn't uncommon to have 20 or 30 people in there.

While it was more communal then - they had annual cons, which turned into MageStock, plus random other 'festers meeting up throughout the year - it was also fairly cliqueish and there was drama. Oh, the drama. Little factions developed, and members of each clique would make their own IRC channel so they could talk about people in the main channel behind their backs...

So, yeah. We're different now. I think we're kind of meaner, but also less dramatic. More mature, in more ways than one.

This has been my bi-annual reminiscence. I now return you to your regular post experience.

Shut the fuck up, Willem.
Willem

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be a dick, Dogen.
Halen

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten years ago ? Weren't you like, 12, ten years ago?

In any case, turning up on a forum that you posted on fucking years ago, pretending everyone still loves you and therefore you have an inescapable right to post stuff like "HAY LETS GET SUM HERP DERP DERP PEOPLE TO COME HERE AND WIPE THEIR BUMS ON WILLEMS HAIR" without getting shouted at is frankly borderline mentally deficient.

Also Willem is right, and funny.
Halen

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean seriously, have you been on the internet before?
dazedb42

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*newb here*
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I was on the sinfest IRC the cops showed up at my door for a "totally unrelated" reason.

I don't think I'll be going back there, to many coincidences.
trustedfaith

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why go on IRC when the groups on Facebook now let you guys do group chat? Same thing as IRC -- you get to chat with everyone and you don't have to have another program open since it's on Facebook.

Am I a newbie now that I don't know who thorny is? Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Puma

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thorny wrote:

Festers that may remember me, only listed because I vaguely remember them (some I see are still active):

Dogen
WheelsofConfusion
Mr. Meddler
Samsally (was new shortly after i was, I believe. everyone else on this list was here before me)
Coppertop
Ms. Frisby
Dennis Squidbunny
reasonablymad
Major Tom
Guccipiggy
JohnnyStrider
E-boy
Uncle Benny
bad lil kitty
CuteKat
BoySetsFire (we won a year's sinnies category together. odd story.)
ElDingo (one of the original purveyors of the sunday morning playlist thread)
TIAB (i wish we'd kept in touch. pretty swell chap. i'm trying hard to remember if he was at magecon05? i think so, could swear it. not sure, was so long ago).
Bodhisattva (thanks for rescuing me from the bus station, and for the great greek lunch!)
absoluthoyt
Karui_Kage
Ebenezum
Archon
mindflame
Doctor Device (at his wedding, in the backyard of joe&dawn's in wyoming, where i'd stayed for a few months)
sm1f

Those are the only ones I pretty well remember, though there are others that sound familiar and still more that haven't made it to post hardly anything on these new forums.

You don't remember me?

*weeps*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: