welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do you do if you're being chased in traffic?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a lot of folks who are night blind (but stupid enough to drive after dark anyway) will just pick a pair of tail lights going in the right direction and stick to them like glue. This is just fantastic both because it freaks out the person they're following, and it leads to a shit-ton of collisions with people who decelerate without braking.
trustedfaith

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

High quality thread an' shit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

astrocitizen wrote:
Darqcyde wrote:
If I had the money, I'd start my own road rally team, with me as the driver.

A person "chasing" me would be an excellent excuse for me to drive full out balls to the wall bat shit loco. Life is good when you have more reasons for left foot breaking. Very Happy

I don't drive my car, I make it dance. Twisted Evil

Also car vs. bike = car wins.
Then again bikers tend to have friends so who knows.

Thank you, that was utterly useless for the situation.

Well the answer to the situation is look the other way, mind your own fucking business, and play dumb and say you didn't see anything if you have to answer any questions.

I really don't understand how your questions specifically related to the situation you described.
You asked:
Quote:
What do you do if you're being chased in traffic?

and
Quote:
What do you do if you're on the road, and someone in a car, or a truck, or a motorcycle is chasing you?

Maybe you did a poor job of storytelling, but I don't really see how the situation you described requires dealing with being chased in a car. I mean, considering you posted this presumably after the fact and have replied to it again it seems that you were able to figure out what to do on your own.

If you really want to know what to do when being chased Bart has already given what should be some fairly obvious advice. I also say own a better car, keep your car in good mechanical condition, learn to drive better, learn ALL of the roads around where you frequent/live/work, and always have at least half a tank of gas (i.e. fill-up whenever it's at 1/2, not when the light comes on).

Also you're acting like I haven't been chased before.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sam

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is this thread
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know but I'm having fun with it Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Samsally

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do people actually get followed a lot? I mean, is this one of those things I'm blissfully ignorant of because I have to drive an hour just to get to the next decent sized town and I might see a total of 20 people on the way?

Or are you just a crazy-pants and trying to figure out what sort of responses to expect when you start stalking people on the highway?
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where I live about 95-99% of the roads are fairly twisty and curvy.

Fun fact: Where I live has several dozen roads over several hundreds years old that were originally based on logging roads which were based on hunting/ trading trails which were based on Native American paths which were based on the routes that white tail deer travelled along.

MANY OF THE ROADS WHERE I LIVE WERE PLANNED BY DEER!

It makes for fun driving conditions. Very Happy
Bart

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Do people actually get followed a lot? I mean, is this one of those things I'm blissfully ignorant of because I have to drive an hour just to get to the next decent sized town and I might see a total of 20 people on the way?

If you enjoy yourself by intentionally pissing off every driver you encounter you'll run into someone crazy enough to actually start chasing you eventually. Unfortunately you can also piss off a crazy by driving nicely, which I've had happen to me (story might even be somewhere deep in the life's little horrors thread), but I'd say that's rather unlikely.
Dogen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is like the question and answer thread, but with only one question and one answer. So now we're talking about what the roads are like where Darq lives.
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we are also discussing how darq is the main character from fast & furious: tokyo drift.

tell us more about how you make your car dance, it doesn't sound like the gayest thing in the world, I assure you. as is the phrase

Quote:
Also you're acting like I haven't been chased before.

not gay at all in the slightest. no sir.
Dro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because Darq keeps talking about he likes to ram the car in front of him in the trunk doesn't suggest anything to me. If you are English, Darq wants to ram into the boot, which sounds kinkier.
Oneponytoruleall

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
Where I live about 95-99% of the roads are fairly twisty and curvy.

Fun fact: Where I live has several dozen roads over several hundreds years old that were originally based on logging roads which were based on hunting/ trading trails which were based on Native American paths which were based on the routes that white tail deer travelled along.

MANY OF THE ROADS WHERE I LIVE WERE PLANNED BY DEER!

It makes for fun driving conditions. Very Happy

Are the deer still using them?
Halen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, chuck testa.
Canopus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about anyone else here, but whenever I hear the vroom of an engine, I start getting man-machine lust.
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stick your dick up robocop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: