Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2011-10-09 Sisterhood 7: The Patriarchy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
Miss Magenta wrote:
Everything about this is perfect. The beautiful green colorscheme, the whole Matrix parody thing, the message itself is pretty great imo, and oh my god Glossy you are flawless. Honestly, she's earned herself a place on my list of characters I really like and will be excited to see every time they show up.

Shouldn't she be in your lineup of bouncing gremlins, then? ;-)

Well, I've already mentioned a couple times a while back that I swore it was the last time I updated that thing. Although I guess.... Maybe eventually I'll change my mind. I don't know. Maybe once she gets an official color-scheme, I guess. We'll see.
Yorick

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDemocritus wrote:
The little off comments the Matrix is making made me chuckle.

I still can't decide the actual age of the girl with the glasses. Is she a young child, or an older black man? I can't decide.

She's a little girl. that's what the Matriarchy says.
Mizike

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ibian wrote:
This is like the opposite of the old feminazi strips. Which are actually more accurate. The problem isn't misogyny, it's misandry. Which my spellcheck doesn't recognize as a word. And, very much like in this strip, once you realize how bad it is it's like an awakening from the Matrix.

You are just precious.
Motorcycle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just not liking this arc. Seems like it comes out of left field compared to his normal work. Sinfest IS a webcomic afterall & comics at heart are to entertain. Yes Tat manages to pass a message along with some of his strips but even those entertain. All this arc seems to do is just preach & be very one sided. Which is not entertaining at all.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motorcycle wrote:
What happened? Why did Tat suddenly decide to indulge in self hatred & get all preachy? The comic used to be funny. Now I feel like I'm on a man hater's site & bein sermoned.

P.S. The Matrix-esque of it just comes off heavy handed & rip offish.

It's all tongue-in-cheek humor. The beliefs of any extremist are going to be full of flaws.

Panel 5 -- it's sexist to assume "sit on my face" has anything to do with men at all.

Also, did you laugh at all the strips where men were the resistance and the women were Nazi-like totalitarian dictators?

This is pretty much the opposite of that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Announcer: Will she ever escape this? Will she go back to her golddigging, slut ways? Tune in next time, same bat time, same bat channel!

Click here to see my artwork!
Click here to check out my Tweets!
Eric_RoM

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Preachy"= "things I don't agree with, and men TOTES have it tough".
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa.

Free my mind, free my mind, okie-dokie. *jumps off skyscraper*
astrocitizen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
Ronald wrote:
Miss Magenta wrote:
Everything about this is perfect. The beautiful green colorscheme, the whole Matrix parody thing, the message itself is pretty great imo, and oh my god Glossy you are flawless. Honestly, she's earned herself a place on my list of characters I really like and will be excited to see every time they show up.

Shouldn't she be in your lineup of bouncing gremlins, then? Wink

Well, I've already mentioned a couple times a while back that I swore it was the last time I updated that thing. Although I guess.... Maybe eventually I'll change my mind. I don't know. Maybe once she gets an official color-scheme, I guess. We'll see.

Since we've addressed your signature bar, I'd like to ask who those last few people are right of Tat and his pets?

"I'm not one of those idiots who takes what he sees on TV or movies, and applies it in real life! These days, they're always the third or fourth guy to get killed..."
yadayada

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Slick. The last thing he needs is Nique becoming even more sensitive to macho attitudes. Sad
ratanx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is "dress code" under the work one? Last time I checked dress codes applies both to men and women.

I did laugh that "sugar tits" was written next to 'nique.
astrocitizen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ratanx wrote:
Why is "dress code" under the work one? Last time I checked dress codes applies both to men and women.

I did laugh that "sugar tits" was written next to 'nique.

Here and there, you see where a dress code keeps women in clothes that are strictly feminine in nature -- I heard once where it's a rule of etiquette that women where skirts when appearing before the Supreme Court.

"I'm not one of those idiots who takes what he sees on TV or movies, and applies it in real life! These days, they're always the third or fourth guy to get killed..."
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

astrocitizen wrote:
Since we've addressed your signature bar, I'd like to ask who those last few people are right of Tat and his pets?

The Tat fanboy, a previously seen member of the sisterhood, Amber of the Call me arc, and the nurse from the heartbreaker arc.
merest

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
astrocitizen wrote:

The Tat fanboy, a previously seen member of the sisterhood, Amber of the Call me arc, and the nurse from the heartbreaker arc.

Amber and the nurse are awfully obscure. Perhaps you could draw a, er, Highlander-style duel between them at some point, and include this new character in one of their places.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mizike wrote:
Ibian wrote:
This is like the opposite of the old feminazi strips. Which are actually more accurate. The problem isn't misogyny, it's misandry. Which my spellcheck doesn't recognize as a word. And, very much like in this strip, once you realize how bad it is it's like an awakening from the Matrix.

You are just precious.

Even Homer Simpson understands it: "I'm a white male aged 18 to 49, everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are. *grabs can labelled 'Nuts and Gum: Together at last!'*"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: