welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Halloween 2011: Now with more ponies.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Seriously, though, I like anything that makes you ladies wear a stupid hat.

Royal weddings and horse races?
trustedfaith

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
AND I just saw this list of absurd costumes, including snorri's Nemo. Personally I like the sexy unicorn, because unicorns can only be tamed by virgins, which means that lady is probably in for a disappointing Halloween after-party! Seriously, though, I like anything that makes you ladies wear a stupid hat.

I did an article on all the costumes being "Sexy" costumes now ages ago. Do they really think that guitar costume is sexy?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
cixelsyD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezebel, for the discerning hoe.
Samsally

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
Samsally wrote:
Despite myself, I kind of like the witch one.

Which one?

There is only one, smartass.
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trustedfaith wrote:
Dogen wrote:
AND I just saw this list of absurd costumes, including snorri's Nemo. Personally I like the sexy unicorn, because unicorns can only be tamed by virgins, which means that lady is probably in for a disappointing Halloween after-party! Seriously, though, I like anything that makes you ladies wear a stupid hat.

I did an article on all the costumes being "Sexy" costumes now ages ago. Do they really think that guitar costume is sexy?

Yeah, it's not sexy... but it's also just a ridiculous idea. Like the sexy crayon. Or sexy Nemo.

cixelsyD wrote:
Jezebel, for the discerning hoe.

I tried to find a sexy hoe costume, but failed. I did find a plethora of sexy ho costumes, which probably surprises no one. Cut to the chase ladies! Forget "sexy beer mug." Just go as a prostitute.
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking of going in drag. Big glitery eyes, fake triple C clevage, a sashay, the whole nine yards.

Either that or a harliquin. I have the mask made up already. I just need a ankle-length cloak.

Click here to see my artwork!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sporko

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soooo.... am i the only one on the forum who thinks that part of the fun of halloween is dressing up in over-the-top ridiculous outfits, and that no one should be condemned for wanting to dress up as a sexy crayon or nemo or whatever the fuck they want to be? a lot of times, halloween is the one time that you CAN go out and dress really sluttily, and it's okay. so i want to be a scarecrow for halloween but i only want to wear a costume that covers like 40% of my body...that should be okay.

maybe a sexy shower is ridiculous, but you know what? it's friggin halloween. if you want to dress up but not feel frumpy, it's your prerogative to wear something sexy and *feel* sexy for the night.

high horses, guys...get off of them.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sexy high horse?
sporko

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halen wrote:
Sexy high horse?

giggle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sporko wrote:
so i want to be a scarecrow for halloween but i only want to wear a costume that covers like 40% of my body...that should be okay.

Which 40%?

Once you've gone burlap...well, yeah, you go back to what you had before in a hurry.
Samsally

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I judge people for wearing skimpy ridiculous costumes?... Yeah, a little. Not usually because they're skimpy, though... more because all they take is $60 and an hour of hair curling. Some of my costumes the last few years have been serious misses... but I've made every single one of them since my senior year of high school and I am proud of them.

So... meet Binky, my high horse. He's really quite friendly. I get that not everybody is a seamstress, really, I do... but I value originality and creativity too much not to judge a pre-packaged costume a tiny bit.
Snorri

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sporko wrote:
soooo.... am i the only one on the forum who thinks that part of the fun of halloween is dressing up in over-the-top ridiculous outfits, and that no one should be condemned for wanting to dress up as a sexy crayon or nemo or whatever the fuck they want to be? a lot of times, halloween is the one time that you CAN go out and dress really sluttily, and it's okay. so i want to be a scarecrow for halloween but i only want to wear a costume that covers like 40% of my body...that should be okay.

maybe a sexy shower is ridiculous, but you know what? it's friggin halloween. if you want to dress up but not feel frumpy, it's your prerogative to wear something sexy and *feel* sexy for the night.

high horses, guys...get off of them.

For me it's not about it being bad to dress sexy, hell I dress sexy all the time, it's about crayons and pacman-ghosts not being actually sexy.

I mean, I'm going as a sexy Dracula maybe. But Draculas are sexy and Nemo was a young, male clownfish with not the slightest hint of sexy.

Mizike

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snorri wrote:
For me it's not about it being bad to dress sexy, hell I dress sexy all the time, it's about crayons and pacman-ghosts not being actually sexy.

I mean, I'm going as a sexy Dracula maybe. But Draculas are sexy and Nemo was a young, male clownfish with not the slightest hint of sexy.

Tell that to clownfish pederasts.

Last edited by Mizike on Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do find Halloween to be a weird holiday for its seemingly central focus once you get past a certain age being on getting women to dress in as little as possible (try finding a ready-made adult female costume that isn't a sexy something), and getting women to defend their right to prance around in nearly nothing... I mean, it's like a teenage boy's wet dream come true.

But that's not what we were talking about. Wink
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oneponytoruleall wrote:

And now I want to go as that for Halloween.

I am of the opinion that you should be able to dress up as WHATEVER, even if that is sexy toilet paper. But I do have the right to make fun of it. However, well done costumes (a completely different level than the out of a bag costumes we have been looking at) will make me cheer even if it is in fact sexy toilet paper.

Now, I do think that it is ridiculous that Halloween for women = prostitute costume for a week (yes, Halloween lasts all week) but I blame American culture. Businesses are playing into it and perpetuating it. But seriously, what is the profit margin on a sexy costume vs a _good_ costume? They don't want to pay for all that fabric!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: