welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2011-11-21 Rrr?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly, Ronald had pointed that out already about a month ago or so..

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xtf wrote:
Unrelated to the actual strip but I thought I'd share that the girl in panel 4 looks quite a bit ike Glossie

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=2633

Irrelevantly enough to anyone but me, this strip is another example of how IMHO a character's dialogue might subjectively "sound" a little better by changing a word, in this case if Monique had said "rule" instead of "conquer."

Try saying it aloud (preferably when alone, but...):

"With these pants I will rule the world!"

Sort of rolls off the tongue, right? Smooth transition from W to R to W.

Now try:

"With these pants I will conquer the world!"

See, the hard K sound disrupts the syllable flow. You kind of trip over it.

But anyway. Infinitesimal detail.
Otoh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congats to Cerberus in getting one of the two recently discovered extra moons of Pluto named after him anyway, Kerberos, even if it is with the hard K sound - I mean heīs meant to be/appear hard anyways ainīt it so np Very Happy
Ronald

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quoting myself:
Ronald wrote:
Didn't expect my idle comments to prompt much interest, but:

xtf wrote:
Is there a reason to think that they were programmed to be interested in him instead of acting as if they're interested in him?

There's no reason to elevate either notion above the other, really -- it's just a pair of one-off gags, after all, unless Tat reads our comments, he probably hasn't thought of Devil Androids in years -- but an Android would be more effective if she truly believed she was motivated by her own emotions. An "act" can be seen through, genuineness cannot. It would heighten the drama and arguably make the Android a more sympathetic character. Is someone who's programmed to be in love with you really such a poor substitute for someone who's not in love with you at all?

Plus the inherent ethical dilemma could conceivably make the situation crueler. The Devil would like that.

Anyway, he doesn't seem to be sending Androids on flirtation missions any more, so either way, Slick's spent that nickel.

I thought this line of discussion might be why this thread was resurrected, but apparently not. Whatever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: