welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's a white cishet world after all.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KillAllMen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject: It's a white cishet world after all. Reply with quote

Trigger warning: Hetero-normative worldviews

Against my better judgement, last weekend I allowed a friend of mine to take me to Disneyland. I already had a bad feeling about going because I wanted no part of funding the racist, anti-Semite korporation that runs Disney, but They (my friend's preferred pronouns are They\Them) insisted that I go along with Them.

They wanted to take me to go see the "It's a Small World" ride, which already seemed problematic to me with having such a heightist name.

How is this ride even allowed to exist? Within less than five minutes of entering the tunnel and viewing the disgusting display of puppets, I was already starting to have a panic attack. Have you seen what passes for 'diversity' at Disneyland? They couldn't have tried harder to make the most offensive stereotypical representations of world citizens. The African puppets had afros, the Asian puppets had overpronounced slanted eyes and kept bowing as we passed by, the Mexican puppets wore these ridiculous oversized Sombreos.

At that point, I started hyperventilating. It's as if I had been slapped in the face. I started literally shaking as the boat continued it's hellish tour through Stereotypeland. I was begging, tears streaming down my face, for them to stop the ride and let me off and the bigots behind me started shaming me for scaring their children. How is it that the other passengers had no problem exposing, and even encouraging, their children to embrace these horribly offensive puppets but somehow I'M the one scaring their kids?

Finally at the end of the ride, the truth was revealed. All the previous puppets were all together in one giant cave. Of course being the racists that Disney are, their idea of 'perfect harmony' is for a euro-centric final scene in which ALL THE PUPPETS WERE DRESSED IN WHITE! So Disney's idea of a 'perfect harmonious society' in which EVERYBODY IS WHITE.

At that point I realized that throughout the entire ride NOT A SINGLE TRANS PUPPET WAS REPRESENTED. Disney completely othered trans people! That's when I must have passed out because the next thing I remember was waking up in Disney's small first aid building. Needless to say, we both left and vowed never to come back and the worst part is that puppets now trigger me.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having spent a little time looking at tumblr, I approve this post.

Also

Does anyone have pictures of ...was it patty's creepy dolls or samsallys?

I still have nightmares of those.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, this is getting better. the satire is still pretty broad, but you put a nice twist into this. and you did not go into the standard "NOW I CAN'T GET THAT SONG OUT OF MY HEAD" thing that most tales of the horror of "it's a small world" do. there are flashes of humor (always appreciated) and evidences of creating a persona beyond just reflexive hate.

keep on like this, and you won't be just another troll! you'll still be a troll, of course, but at least you will be a different and possibly amusing one.
Samsally

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're probably talking about my dolls, Monkey.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the dolls are cool! I used to want to get a customized one, but I find dolls and anthropomorphic type toys generally too creepy in person to actually get any.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks stripey ^.^

I figure, I'm the one that likes 'em and buys 'em pretty things so if they do come alive some day and decide to go on a murderous rampage I'll be at the bottom of the to-kill list. Seems unlikely it would come to that, though.

If I have nightmares about dolls they are the ones that look unsettlingly like real babies. Those are definitely the ones out to kill people.
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to stop eating cabbage, afraid I was killing unborn babies.
Samsally

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*snort* I guess the creepy baby dolls will kill you last, then.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won a stuffed rabbit that was taller than me at the time. My parents made me keep it in my room. I was pretty convinced it was going to try to kill me in my sleep. I suppose if I thought more rationally, I'd have realized it had no bones and probably wouldn't be very strong.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha, my uncle was house-sitting once and my family and one of my friends went to visit for whatever reason. There was a little girl's room with the biggest fucking clown doll I have ever seen just sitting dead center. My cousin point blank refused to sleep in the room and commandeered the bed my friend and I were supposed to sleep in. I ended up on the couch after 'graciously' letting my friend sleep on the bed in the terrifying clown room...
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:

Those dolls are very creepy but im almost positive the ones that give me night terrors are Pattys.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally blame Patty for my doll hobby so that's very likely.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good to see KillAllMen upping their game

sadly, they are still less interesting than both creepy dolls and cabbage
Jabberjay

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have gone to Disneyworld anyway. It is far superior to Disneyland in every concievable way, except that it is in Florida, America's cock-shaped armpit and resevoir of crazy. Still, it's not like you're going to stick around outside the park.

If you want to continue to improve your trolling you're going to have to study. Read a week's worth of Shakesville backlog and take notes.
Ennis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Samsally wrote:

Those dolls are very creepy but im almost positive the ones that give me night terrors are Pattys.

Oooh, are they ball joint dolls? I've always wanted one, even though they are a bit creepy, but they're so expensive. I think the reason I like them is partly because of the creepiness, haha.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: