welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What, no resolutions thread?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Idlethought

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: What, no resolutions thread? Reply with quote

It's weird seeing a forum without a New Year's Resolutions thread, so here it is. Put 'em down if you have 'em, whether its 1 or 1 million. I'm on the smaller side of the spectrum, as my only resolution is to be better than I was last year. It's something that I think that I can keep this time.

What's yours?
Snorri

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe in them.

Idlethought

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's to believe in? Nothing wrong with setting personal, realistically achievable goals over a long period of time.
reasonablymad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe in new years dissolutions, or the process of dissolving a solid substance into a solvent to yield a solution, otherwise known as "getting lit".

but maybe I'll do that less this year.

Last edited by reasonablymad on Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZigZag

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to begin playing guitar. I'm not sure if I should take lessons or just buy a book called "Learn guitar in 30 days". I also need to buy a guitar...
Lemontree

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its kind of a resolution thread.

*shrug* I'm also along the line of making plans for the New Year, but not setting official RESOLUTIONS.
CuteKat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZigZag wrote:
I want to begin playing guitar. I'm not sure if I should take lessons or just buy a book called "Learn guitar in 30 days". I also need to buy a guitar...

Before you take the plunge and straight buy one, some music shops have the option to rent. Might be a good idea if you're just looking to learn at this point. Musical instruments are expensive.
Mr_Moustache

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are as expensive as you want them to be.

Dunno about you guys, but a electric guitar+amp starts from 50 euros, and acoustic at about the same. Cheaper if they are used. If you dont like it, you can always sell them.

My advice, unless you got enough self disicpline to regularly play, i would say lessons or at least someone else whom you can play with. Otherwise it tends to be forgotten after the first few times.
ZigZag

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips!
I think I will take lessons!
jwing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a lot of goals this year, but my only resolution is "to take better care of my teeth." this month, i'm brushing before going to bed. i brush in the morning when i shower anyway, so this massages the gums twice a day. next month: flossing [cue dramatic music]

oh and i have a dentist appointment for next tuesday.
dinsky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already posted my resolutions in the other thread, but what the heck?

Resolution #1: Greening my Cleaning. This means no more Javex, Bowl Brite, Fantastic, Vim, Ajax, etc... and much more vinegar, baking soda, boiling water, and elbow grease.

Resolution #2: The predictable weight loss... and it's not just for my figure! Since being diagnosed with PCOS last year, I've been doctor ordered to lose pounds. Not drastically, not quickly, but in order to get my ovaries working again I've got to lose some pounds. At the moment, my goals are very doable: 5 pounds every two months. My method, which will hopefully work, is to add a at least a half hour of exercise to my daily routine, and to eat smaller meals, more frequently.

Resolution #3: This one ties it all together (kind of): We're going to attempt a 100 mile diet. This means all (or most) of our food must be grown or farmed from within 100 miles of where we live. I've already found a butcher from the next town over who only buys from his family's farms. The meat is all free-range, grain-fed, and organic. There are also a few year round farmer's markets around where we may be able to find veggies in the winter time. There is also a cheese place in a nearby town, I will have to find out if cheese can be made and sold locally. (I know there are major restrictions on milk) Of course, when we go to Cuba at the end of next month, we'll have to put the diet on hold!

Well, that's it! Happy New Year festers!!
Flion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down with the oppressive establishment! We demand nekkid 'Nique! Meet our demands or these Nintendogs will be deleted!

Wait, what? This isn't the New Year's Revolution thread? Oh ... never mind then. *slinks off in embarrassment*
Mr_Moustache

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, ive decided to only drink when im in company. So no more lone nights of drinking cheap/wine/beer/port till i black out.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Throws holy water on the thread.*
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This year I intend to put more stuff in bags that should be in bags
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: