welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the future fictional history of a. renard
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: the future fictional history of a. renard Reply with quote

part I

A. Renard was arrested and imprisoned on june 19, 2019 for engaging in revolutionary activity against the revised new testement, the use of third person masculine singular possessive, and ethnomusicology. on the steps of the hague, renard denounced marcel duchamp and queen beatrix IV, citing his version of the sordid affair between the two, in which they play-acted as (now extinct) panda bears in the chelsea hotel, as well as their extended abuse of concentrated pseudoephedrine.

on november 16 that year he was sentenced to death for activities linked to a liberal intellectual group, Newton's Deterministic Table.

after a mock execution in which he and other members of the group stood outside in freezing weather waiting to be shot by a firing squad, renard's sentence was commuted to three years of exile performing hard labor at a nyquist prison camp in berne, switzerland.

his first recorded epileptic seizure happened in 2021 at the prison camp. it is said that he suffered from a rare form of temporal lobe epilepsy, sometimes referred to as "ecstatic epilepsy." years later renard blamed his malady on the a priori reasoning of the unsupervised children who played along the fences of the prison camp. one in particular, named robert, figured predominantly in renard's later fiction as an angel of god named sylvan.

Last edited by rm on Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Halen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes, I can't tell the difference between the things you post, and the random spam we get which is just strings of nonsense made into vaguely intelligible paragraphs. You strange fellow.
BoySetsFire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't wait for the next part.
rm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

II

upon release, renard traveled to france and briefly joined a claque in the rue bacchus theatre. he was to say of this later, "there is a certain perverse pleasure in being paid to applaud, especially for atrocious acts... and all the plays at the rue bacchus were."

quickly he befriended remy jodelle, the noted poet and social agitator. under remy's influence renard published his first short work, titled prospero's sisters, in which a young duke is sexually molsted through the powers of magic by his conniving siblings, thus placing the seed of prospero's later powers in his misguided libido. renard quipped that the book was to be read as an hysteric explanation for the inexplicable fortunes of the oft-maligned michel pilven, then president.

with little fanfare, renard built a small cult following. it wasn't until he married the up and coming english tennis star helen chesterton and relocated to lyon that he began to work seriously on his writing. it is said that mrs. helen chesterton loved her husband greatly, except when he paid to much attention to her. their marriage was opportune for the great literature to come.

Last edited by rm on Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
rm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

III

in 2025 renard simultaneously released two works, which were to become seminal influences on the next generation of young authors. the first, unreliable necessities, outlined the, "subcutaneous abuses of power within the body politic... the adulturous praefectura-genetic which breeds many monsters of the state."

masterstrokes of coincidence in turn theorized the ultimate purpose of casual anomalies.

"if one reads any supposed scripture as noetic nonsense, as literate madness, as, for instance, you might simultaneously observe the mannerisms of twenty-seven individuals waiting for the metro, that is, as the combination of intented and unintentional meaning, you will find that at the very bottom of it all is a force of desire emanating from a point of autonomous will which cannot see beyond the world-parameters it itself creates. the only way through the wall of the static-self is denial, empathy, and an openness to chance occurances."

in the fall of 2026 mrs. helen chesterton gave birth to the couple's first daughter, emily davis renard.

several months later renard met and became the lover of a certain ms. ruth rambert, a vaudvillian dancer with a penchant for new-age parapsychology. under the guise of "private psychic readings", renard and ms. rambert would redezvous in a tent in a lot behind the Cirque du Sinusoid. it is not clear how long the affair lasted, but renard once referred to ruth rambert as, "very limber in body and mind, but ultimately insane."
rm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IV

in the months follwing the birth of emily and renard's first of many promiscuities, london times editor alfred huntly published a series of scathing articles on renard and the rest of the so-called "new-subrealists".

excerpt: "a. renard is unremarkable, a typical coward who masks perversion with whimsical intellectualism. he is unconcerned with his family, wholly disinterested in anything other than making a mockery of everyday values."

evidently, everyday values were on the downswing. renard's fame grew, and with it his eccentricities...
Sam

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: I said demiurgic Reply with quote

Halen wrote:
Sometimes, I can't tell the difference between the things you post, and the random spam we get which is just strings of nonsense made into vaguely intelligible paragraphs. You strange fellow.

One is haphazard translation attempting to match something vaguely resembling earnesty.

One is carefully planned demiurgic work in a purpusefully coy format, playing off of farcical imitation of biography and historical record.

Or something, whatever.
rm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V

in the may of 2027 mrs. renard took her husband to the Sons of Mildredhuis clinic for "headaches". it is supposed that renard had experienced another in a line of worsening seizures. in the weeks to come, under the private direction of renard himself, the new sub-realists distributed roughly twelve-thousand "get well" cards throughout the country. on the back of each was the following poem, an excerpt from Du Fu's Seeing Li Bai in a Dream I:

you had sent me not one sign from your exile
till you came to me last night in a dream,
because I am always thinking of you.
I wondered if it were really you,
venturing so long a journey.
you came to me through the green of a forest,
you disappeared by a shadowy fortress....
yet out of the midmost mesh of your snare,
how could you lift your wings and use them?

upon his relase from the hospital, renard publicly announced that he was going on an extended holiday in morrocco, with wife helen and daughter emily, "where I fully intend to arrange the grains of sand according to size, shape and color." when asked to explain what that meant, renard said, "I'm going to write another book."

however, the Staten Monopoly Conflict made the trip impossible, and the renards were forced to remain in europe. citing the need for her husband to "work well and without us two" helen took emily to in sussex and began to train her in tennis strokes. renard remained in lyon and began work on what was to become the belle of the moon - a tragic lunar romance.

"it began as a children's book. each night on the phone I read to my daughter what I have written that day. apparently she adores the sound of my voice. it is good that emily is too young to understand a word of it, for if she knew how the heiress was doomed..."

Last edited by rm on Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Teh Digital Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More.
BoySetsFire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like this for the same reason i like Borges.

please continue, rm.
Azmoten

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RM FTW
Uncle Benny

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my eyes are bleeding laughter I want more.
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"IT BEGAN AS A CHILDREN'S BOOK..."

Bravo sir. Bravo.
Him

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo.
Guccipiggy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, I hate Borges. I probably shouldn't read this then =/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: