welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Leonard Nimoy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drooling Fan Grrl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Leonard Nimoy Reply with quote

"Leonard Nimoy, the sonorous, gaunt-faced actor who won a worshipful global following as Mr. Spock, the resolutely logical human-alien first officer of the Starship Enterprise in the television and movie juggernaut “Star Trek,” died on Friday morning at his home in the Bel Air section of Los Angeles. He was 83.

His wife, Susan Bay Nimoy, confirmed his death, saying the cause was end-stage chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.

Mr. Nimoy announced that he had the disease last year, attributing it to years of smoking, a habit he had given up three decades earlier. He had been hospitalized earlier in the week."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/27/arts/television/leonard-nimoy-spock-of-star-trek-dies-at-83.html
Pineapple

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this sort of post belongs in the "Dead pool" thread, which already contains a couple of posts about Nimoy

http://www.sinfest.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=4250&start=540
Drooling Fan Grrl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
KillAllMen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will always be remembered for your iconic performance. Sad
Sam

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

man i wonder what his opinion on that video was, like if he was proud of it in a kitchy way or if he was mortified by ever participating in it or if he was indifferent in a sort of 'ehh, the ... sixties were a different time' way
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well he was always ambivalent about his higher profile work. He was probably glad of the bills he paid. I was interested to learn that before Spock he was an acting teacher rather than just a 'waiter', or 'scientist'.

The cosmic ballet goes on.
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I don't mind that this particular passing got it's own thread, though as stated we have our own thing for that.

I've been racking my brains trying to think of an 'iconic' performance that matches Nimoy's Spock, and I gotta admit I'm really struggling.

Here was an actor playing a role, who's characteristics, lines and gestures are known absolutely the world over ... people who've never seen the show know Spock. People who don't watch Sci Fi know Spock. People who don't know Leonard Nimoy know Spock.

I decided to watch some Spock yesterday, in tribute. Watch some good Star Trek. Watch Wrath Of Khan. Cry like a fucking baby.
Drooling Fan Grrl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was 17 when Khan came out. I remember crying buckets and announcing something like I denied this as part of Star Trek.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: