Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sexcapades - or how I stopped worrying and love Snorri
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mizike

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
Go lurk around fetlife sometime. bloodplay, needleplay, knifeplay, cell popping. I have vetoed some events that partners wanted to go to because there was going to be bloodwork and scarification work just in the general mingling ground.

Although at all the demos I've been to, I've at least been able to know for sure that blood doesn't phase me.

"Blood play" gets 365,000 hits on Google.

That is not prevalent. Stop being absurd.

Edited for context.
Sam

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Less than that, really? Not just subculture but local event culture for here. legitimately, I have to go out of my way to avoid it because of its inexplicably large presence at events here. I'm not saying it is a prevalent thing.
Sam

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mizike wrote:

That is not prevalent. Stop being absurd.

I really think you are only calling me absurd over a miscommunication?
Mellifluous

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
Pint wrote:
I feel like it needs updated for the younger generations to include: webcam, sexting, ect.

also:

electrical play, fire play, and blood play (which is so ridiculously abundant these days that I specifically have to go out of my way to avoid it) SORRY NOT INTO WATCHING PEOPLE CUT EACH OTHER

Pansy! No, really, it's kind of fucked up, and I was a "cutter" for a good many years. If you're in to blood and stuff, just wait for it to flow like normal (unless you're in an all male relationship or are peri/postmenopausal or pregnant, then just get a steak and squeeze it for Gods' sakes).

I'd heard of all this stuff before, but when my daughter started to go to school, some of the parents I met (few, thankfully, but more than 2) are into all sorts of kink. One mama even makes money selling kink-rlated clothing at conventions including, but not limited to: electrical play jock straps. That's some serious stuff right there. So the fabric encasing the dangly bits contains metallic wire in the warp and wheft, and when you graze it with this instrument called a Violet Wand, a rather strong shock is administered wherever skin touches one of those conductive threads. I had all this explained to me at a ladies' luncheon in a fancy Chinese restaraunt. Never encountered anyone who admitted being into blood play.

I think human sexuality is fascinating. Even the WTF shit, because I wonder how they got to that point. What drives people's fetishes? I don't even have a sex drive right now, and there all all these people going to the viewing booths in the back of the sex toy shops to use the glory-holes and they know each-other. We live in a kind of small town. They advertise for it openly on CraigsList (which ties into another post I made, elsewhere). Humans are all crazy, and I love it!
Him

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam, you make me feel so vanilla.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, kink is in the eye of the beholder. Dirty talk, anal play, bondage... they all become quite normal if you do them all the time - still fun of course but maybe not kinky. Not that you need kink for sex to be fun.
Sam

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think human sexuality is fascinating. Even the WTF shit, because I wonder how they got to that point. What drives people's fetishes? I don't even have a sex drive right now, and there all all these people going to the viewing booths in the back of the sex toy shops to use the glory-holes and they know each-other. We live in a kind of small town. They advertise for it openly on CraigsList (which ties into another post I made, elsewhere). Humans are all crazy, and I love it!

there's definitely limits to the 'love it' part for me. I guess I shouldn't judge beyond consent issues, but I still do judge on issues of safety, hygiene, or even just flat-out sanity. One particular girl has a deep-seated fetish for anonymous sex, but she is absolutely positive that she is never going to act on that desire, because it's such an impractical fetish to fulfill safely. I agree with this kind of limit-setting in general.
Yinello

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are actually groups (companies?) that help fulfill people's fantasies, no matter how crazy they are, and do it safely as well. I remember finding some of the videos online. They always showed an interview before or after asking the guy or girl what they wanted, how it was etc etc. They always seem pretty happy. I think it's quite interesting as a business. In the end it's acting of course, but if your fetish is say gangrape then this is a much better way to take care it.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That isn't a fetish, that is a fantasy.

Let the arguing begin!

Yinello

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potato patato. Razz

Also Yahoo says this:

Quote:
A fetish is basically anything other than human genitals that cause a specific person to become sexually aroused.

A sexual fantasy is a scenario that causes someone to become sexually aroused.

a fetish is a tangible object, fantasy is an action.

Last edited by Yinello on Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Samsally

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't a fetish -technically- something not normally related to sex that somebody -requires- to get off? Only nobody uses it that way in common vernacular anymore.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I propose we call it fantishy. Thesis, antithesis, synthesis!
Sam

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"fetish" has been completely diluted as a word anyway, it usually now just means kinks and nontraditional interests that a person is into in or curious about, as opposed to the original "literally can't get off unless indulging it" meaning.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indiana Jones had a gold fetish. That is, until Beloq robbed him of it.
Samsally

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to wonder if I had a fetish in the true sense of the word and that was why normal sex seemed so boring.

After reading through the options though, and most of them making me want to hide under the covers I'm pretty sure that isn't the case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 50 of 53

Jump to: