Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feminism because why not make a thread for it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 125, 126, 127 ... 270, 271, 272  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Sam



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 9194

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this is where my fragile ego now puts on the 'act' because I have never been passionate about anything and I am trying to maintain my image or whatever. Thank you internet bad psychologist Thy, for definitely not making any assumptions about me (because you are not supposed to make those kinds of assumptions).

This is great.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Monkey Mcdermott



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 3152

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I need this weekend is more cowbell.

That and the cute socially conscious athletic intelligent girl with the fully restored and operational VW bus to agree to be my movie buddy before she moves on to her job with some foreign disaster relief organization.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thy Brilliance



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3446
Location: Relative

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey sam, you can drop the act, I'll be your friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adyon



Joined: 27 May 2012
Posts: 1150
Location: Behind my Cintiq

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
Adyon wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
Without me, you would all go on believing that those 2 were the only ones kissing.

What? No, many people were kissing. I think a lot of people already knew that. Doesn't mean all of those other people didn't know each other does it?

But you should realize either way people kissing was just a thing mentioned as happening a lot after the announcement of the war being over on the street. It might not have even been very prevalent RIGHT when they kissed. This was not RIGHT after they announced the war was over. It'd been awhile. He'd left the movies. They'd been drinking. He was walking with his girlfriend on their first date. He just gave in to his temptation in the excitement.

both of you are missing the fact that THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE KISSING IN TIMES SQUARE AT THAT TIME IS COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT TO THE QUESTION OF WHETHER OR NOT IT WAS ACCEPTABLE FOR THE SAILOR TO FORCE A KISS ON THE NURSE.

But...but that's what I meant by my comment. Just because others were kissing doesn't mean anything, because unlike him it might have just been a bunch of couples.

I just further went on to say that we didn't even know if others were kissing RIGHT then even, which I don't know based on the recounts I've read.



--
And now Thy comments that because people consensually kiss one another at raves, we should be allowed to just run up and kiss anyone? What?

Like how Dogen said it specifically?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Thy Brilliance



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3446
Location: Relative

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A huge mass of people celebrating in the streets.


Hmmmmm. Sounds familiar.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShadowCell



Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 5899
Location: California

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
A huge mass of people celebrating in the streets.


Hmmmmm. Sounds familiar.


"the day Thy stopped posting horseshit"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Monkey Mcdermott



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 3152

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that there might be mitigating circumstances that lead to you being forgiven does not make it ok.


The fact that there might be mitigating circumstances that lead to you being forgiven does not make it ok.


The fact that there might be mitigating circumstances that lead to you being forgiven does not make it ok.


The fact that there might be mitigating circumstances that lead to you being forgiven does not make it ok.


The fact that there might be mitigating circumstances that lead to you being forgiven does not make it ok.


The fact that there might be mitigating circumstances that lead to you being forgiven does not make it ok.


The fact that there might be mitigating circumstances that lead to you being forgiven does not make it ok.


The fact that there might be mitigating circumstances that lead to you being forgiven does not make it ok.


The fact that there might be mitigating circumstances that lead to you being forgiven does not make it ok.


The fact that there might be mitigating circumstances that lead to you being forgiven does not make it ok.


The fact that there might be mitigating circumstances that lead to you being forgiven does not make it ok.


The fact that there might be mitigating circumstances that lead to you being forgiven does not make it ok.


The fact that there might be mitigating circumstances that lead to you being forgiven does not make it ok.


The fact that there might be mitigating circumstances that lead to you being forgiven does not make it ok.


The fact that there might be mitigating circumstances that lead to you being forgiven does not make it ok.


The fact that there might be mitigating circumstances that lead to you being forgiven does not make it ok.


The fact that there might be mitigating circumstances that lead to you being forgiven does not make it ok.


The fact that there might be mitigating circumstances that lead to you being forgiven does not make it ok.

_________________


Last edited by Monkey Mcdermott on Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Monkey Mcdermott



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 3152

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow the fact that that didn't break the thread belongs in the little pleasures thread.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sam



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 9194

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hey sam, you can drop the act, I'll be your friend.


Uncovering how you illegitimately cited a book you have never read (and which you didn't know if it actually supported your position, this is what you call 'lying' and/or being 'intellectually dishonest') and then calling you out for dodging the question and providing incoherent responses, is not an act. It is simply me, in supporting my position, calling you out on your bullshit, and taking you to task for how your defenses and descriptions of all this stuff you are doing is not valid, and undermines further any credible assumption you are even capable of approaching this rationally.

You are deciding it is an act. You are hypocritically diagnosing it as an act while trying to tell me what I am or am not allowed to assume based on your distortion and evasion.

Whether or not being called out for your bullshit and, let's be fair, I caught you red handed; I really have you dead to rights on this one, which makes my 'fragile ego' proud is impactful to being an internet friend is your own territory to tread. Asserting you have a claim to credibility here and that I do not (because I 'cited wikipedia' or whatever) is different. You are wrong, and you proved it to us.

Please tell me more about my 'act.'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thy Brilliance



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3446
Location: Relative

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did the question actually pertain to the discussion at hand?

Remind me again Sam, I'm a bit rusty.



I have to start clapping my hands til they turn red, cause "dodging the question" actually made me laugh.


It was a stupid question and I ignored it.

You already knew the answer from statements I gave prior.

Pay attention sam.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Monkey Mcdermott



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 3152

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't admit an error in judgement perhaps your ego is the fragile one.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sam



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 9194

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How did the question actually pertain to the discussion at hand?

Remind me again Sam, I'm a bit rusty.


Thy, are you really so functionally challenged as to be unable to understand why, when you are asked to cite your claim and you provide the name of the book in response, it is relevant to the discussion to discover and/or force you to admit that you actually have no idea whether or not the book actually supports your claim?

Does this really, really not make sense to you?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sam



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 9194

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this turns out to be another question that "is stupid so i ignored it" then I'm just gonna boggle right the fuck out this here window
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thy Brilliance



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3446
Location: Relative

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: A crack in the ego? who knows Reply with quote

Nah monkey, this entire discussion isn't like sam at all..

normally, he wouldn't be pushing this topic so hard, and would just blow me off entirely

I daresay he was a bit miffed when I semi-seriously chastised him for using wikipedia, which let him to being fixated on undermining me this entire discussion

I dunno, seems right to me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Him



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 4171
Location: On edge

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
Tell me Dogen, have you ever had a close encounter with death?

Upon realizing that you've survived, you become ecstatic, extremely happy.

You start laughing like a maniac, screaming that you're alive, hugging your own body, patting it down to see if you're still there; checking to see if you still exist.

You start hugging and kissing strangers indiscriminately, DAMN THE CONSEQUENCES, I'M ALIVE.

To that sort of person, nothing matters, he simply wants others to feel the extreme joy he is experiencing.

He wouldn't even care if he got slapped.

Such a person finally understood the value of life.



Human contact is an essential expression of existence.

Surely you must understand this Dogen.

Oh you absurd fucking tool. Yes invading the personal space of others by what is technically sexual assault means "understanding the value of life". Right.
_________________
A cigarette is the perfect type of a perfect pleasure. It is exquisite, and it leaves one unsatisfied. What more can one want? ~Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 125, 126, 127 ... 270, 271, 272  Next
Page 126 of 272

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group