welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feminism because why not make a thread for it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 168, 169, 170 ... 292, 293, 294  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Snorri



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 10878
Location: hiding the decline.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: In an actual debate, my dick is on your lips Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
Since you don't seem to like the numbers I have provided you, it is time for you to provide the numbers you feel are appropriate.


The motherfucking fuck?

People aren't saying they don't like your numbers. People are saying your "numbers" aren't fucking saying what you claim they are saying. This is not a case of people ignoring your point or pretending you said something else, this is a case of you claiming some shit and then backing it up with something that doesn't even slightly backs it up. Like, you're using a study that doesn't even study whatever the thing is you want to have numbers on. It is a study on something else and the numbers can't even be used in this discussion!

It takes a massive pair of balls to say what you said and then ask the other side to give you the numbers you actually need. And an even masssiver pair to imply it's their fault for not doing so!

the pair of balls that is required to give a quote without a source while that quote does not actually say anything, act like Sojobo's problem is that you haven't a source and then giving a source like it settles it all is somewhat the massive in between.


for real bro, I can't structure my sentences because your stupidity is too big.
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sam



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 9495

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: In an actual debate, my dick is on your lips Reply with quote

Snorri wrote:
It takes a massive pair of balls to say what you said and then ask the other side to give you the numbers you actually need. And an even masssiver pair to imply it's their fault for not doing so!

the pair of balls that is required to give a quote without a source while that quote does not actually say anything, act like Sojobo's problem is that you haven't a source and then giving a source like it settles it all is somewhat the massive in between.


for real bro, I can't structure my sentences because your stupidity is too big.


Related:

http://www.sinfest.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=416551&highlight=#416551

He does this, and he contorts wildly when caught doing it

just be prepared
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Arc Tempest



Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 4895
Location: Oregon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can no longer read Thy's posts without automatically adding "I'm not crazy, I'M NOT CRAZY, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" to the end.

Still undecided if this is a good thing or not.
_________________
The older I get, the more certain I become of one thing. True and abiding cynicism is simply a form of cowardice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dogen



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 10693
Location: Bellingham, WA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: In an actual debate, my dick is on your lips Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
Snorri wrote:
It takes a massive pair of balls to say what you said and then ask the other side to give you the numbers you actually need. And an even masssiver pair to imply it's their fault for not doing so!

the pair of balls that is required to give a quote without a source while that quote does not actually say anything, act like Sojobo's problem is that you haven't a source and then giving a source like it settles it all is somewhat the massive in between.


for real bro, I can't structure my sentences because your stupidity is too big.


Related:

http://www.sinfest.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=416551&highlight=#416551

He does this, and he contorts wildly when caught doing it

just be prepared

I like how in that thread he says you argue for the sake of arguing. Not For Great Justice, or whatever drags Good Wholesome People to argue on the internet. You dick. We should stop proving people wrong until we have a better reason. Sad
_________________
"Worse comes to worst, my people come first, but my tribe lives on every country on earth. Iíll do anything to protect them from hurt, the human race is what I serve." - Baba Brinkman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darqcyde



Joined: 11 Jul 2006
Posts: 10290
Location: A false vacuum abiding in ignorance.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember:

Eiden wrote:
Thy: We do not trust you have a credible overall understanding of this subject and we are not interested in hearing your interpretations".

_________________
...if a single leaf holds the eye, it will be as if the remaining leaves were not there.
http://12ozlb.blogspot.com Now in book form: http://amzn.to/14E6OFy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sam



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 9495

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well hey, just this once. HEY.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bitflipper



Joined: 09 Jul 2011
Posts: 728
Location: Here and Now

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: In an actual debate, my dick is on your lips Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
I like how in that thread he says you argue for the sake of arguing. Not For Great Justice, or whatever drags Good Wholesome People to argue on the internet. You dick. We should stop proving people wrong until we have a better reason. Sad

Waitaminnit... (/me looks around) Yeah, still on the Sinfest forums.
What's changed, Dogen? I thought that shooting holes in shitty arguments (even my own shitty arguments, which should be exempt no matter how shitty they are, because, y'know, they're my arguments!) was what we did for fun, around here! Everyone knows better than to take the invective--and anything at all that Dennis says--seriously. Everyone knows to pay attention to the structure of each others' arguments, check their sources, and stay on the look-out for the basic fallacies, right? I mean, c'mon, this is Sinfest, yeah?
_________________
I am only a somewhat arbitrary sequence of raised and lowered voltages to which your mind insists upon assigning meaning
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dogen



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 10693
Location: Bellingham, WA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that was sarcasm.
_________________
"Worse comes to worst, my people come first, but my tribe lives on every country on earth. Iíll do anything to protect them from hurt, the human race is what I serve." - Baba Brinkman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sam



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 9495

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen is sarcastically referencing one of the many psuedopsychological rationales that Thy invariably comes up with if I dog him on his crazy arguments.

According to Thy, I am consumed by cancerous bitterness, I'm addicted to negativity, I engage in a constant life act to protect my 'fragile ego,' I literally cannot be passionate about anything and have never been, I 'possess unhealthy degrees of spite,' at one point he was convinced I was only responding to him because he intimidated me, and before that it was that I have a passion for emotional blackmail in text form.

Yes, I know a lot of these things are subtly contradictory but it's okay, Thy has already given me the solution: I have to look at myself in a mirror when I post, so that I wake up and realize that he was right about me all along.

Also, thanks to this thread, there exists another possible insight into my horrid nature. My father was pretty solidly blue collar when I was a kid, therefore he literally didn't have time to have an important conversation with me. Ever. It's really just good to know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dennis J. Squidbunny



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3714
Location: AUSTRALIA YOU FAKIR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhh, everything I say is deadly fucking serious.
_________________
"Eight hundred pounds of nitro, his boots are thunder as he plays."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dogen



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 10693
Location: Bellingham, WA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone make your av animated so it looks like Hedwig is raising the roof?
_________________
"Worse comes to worst, my people come first, but my tribe lives on every country on earth. Iíll do anything to protect them from hurt, the human race is what I serve." - Baba Brinkman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sam



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 9495

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis J. Squidbunny wrote:
uhh, everything I say is deadly fucking serious.


when was it ever in doubt?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dennis J. Squidbunny



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3714
Location: AUSTRALIA YOU FAKIR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was that awful bitflipper, paw, he done said it.

SHIT IN HIM, PAW, SHIT IN HIM'N MAKE HIM SORRY
_________________
"Eight hundred pounds of nitro, his boots are thunder as he plays."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dennis J. Squidbunny



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3714
Location: AUSTRALIA YOU FAKIR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHIT IN HIM, PAPA
_________________
"Eight hundred pounds of nitro, his boots are thunder as he plays."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
trustedfaith



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3366
Location: My own little world...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time I see a post by Thy arguing one of his crazy points I hear this song in my head.

Has Thy ever admitted he was wrong in a discussion?

I don't even understand the argument about blue collar parents anyway. The point is that parents who have less time to spend with their kids make time for the imporant discussions. My parents were blue collar parents and they did.

When my dad left my mom she worked a full time job (not sitting on her ass -- though I don't even know how you equate a bank teller to just sitting on their ass) and took care of me and my brother. I turned out fantastic by the way. So obviously she rocked the whole mom thing. Not to mention we had some awesome talks when I was a kid.

I have this sneaking suspicion that Thy would royally flunk a Logic class or make the professor's life a living hell with the way he structures his arguments. 99.9% of the content he brings up has no direct relevance to the subject he's debating and he spends most of the time arguing with everyone that it does. It literally equates to someone bashing a square block into a round hole hoping that it will eventually wear down and fit.
_________________
I'm doing the twitter thing; you should stalk/follow me: http://twitter.com/sillygurlroo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 168, 169, 170 ... 292, 293, 294  Next
Page 169 of 294

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group