welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feminism because why not make a thread for it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 245, 246, 247 ... 314, 315, 316  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am kind of amazed with the rapidity in which the Eat Your Own phenomenon is coming down real hard on feminism right now. Intersectionality issues and stuff like the #solidarityisforwhitewomen thing is causing radical transition lines and dousing interest in holding feminism as a cause.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
I am kind of amazed with the rapidity in which the Eat Your Own phenomenon is coming down real hard on feminism right now.

Well Sam, as we all know feminists are being manipulated by Satan to turn away from the Traditional Christian Way of Life, so it's no surprise that they resort to cannibalism in the absence of God's Love which they have rejected. It's to be expected, really. When you abandon the founding principles of society and toss out the rulebook, there's nothing to stop a person from acting on their constant urge to kill and eat people. Why, only True Religion can ever hope to keep these insidious drives, from which we all suffer, in check. I know that's what stops me!
Sam

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol speaking of other Eat your Own groups, yes.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
Why, only True Religion can ever hope to keep these insidious drives, from which we all suffer, in check. I know that's what stops me!

So does that mean that all Christian fundamentalists have to do is hand out coupons for jeans to feminists and other people they hate?

http://www.truereligionbrandjeans.com

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i'm not sure you can wear those jean and eat much of anything, so i suppose they could save people from becoming cannibals.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you could just eat the lean protein parts, leave out the butt for instance.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to spot a misogynist:

Find an article about a couple who agreed to do soft drugs and then sex, which turned into a horrific rape and undetailed gorefest.

What a horrible man, say the comments who understand that consent to sex doesn't mean consent to other horrific things especially after a woman says stop.

I hope the bitch loses her kids for doing drugs and having sex in their vincinity, says the misogynist who has the magical ability to block out everything else in the article except for the parts that appear in his mind.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for giving the douchebags out there more ammo to rant about feminism with Goldiblox, really helping the movement there.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Thanks for giving the douchebags out there more ammo to rant about feminism with Goldiblox, really helping the movement there.

Oh that's just three flavors of fucked up. Of course, it's entirely possible Goldiblox doesn't give a *shit* about the movement, but is using them just as they're using the beastie boys and this controversy...
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Yinello

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://stfu-moffat.tumblr.com/post/67966745823/ten-things-male-feminists-need-to-stop-saying
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
http://stfu-moffat.tumblr.com/post/67966745823/ten-things-male-feminists-need-to-stop-saying

I got to number two and started rolling my eyes. By number four I was hoping whoever uses these lines never reproduces.

By the way, has anyone told you that you look so consensual today? Okay, that sounds creepy.
Samsally

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no. I'm glad that list doesn't come with a bingo card. I've definitely heard a few of those lines before. More than once.

(Also I laughed pretty hard when I saw the name of the tumblr is stfu-moffat)
Yinello

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked this part:

Quote:
you were never an ally anyway you were just a man looking for a cookie and a pat on the head. And we are alllllll out of cookies, my friend.

Reminds me of a certain Sinfest moment. Wink
Him

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad to finally find a piece that takes a stab at a lot of the pop-science nonsense floating around in the media, as well as biases in the scientific community itself (who after all hardly exist in vacuum cut off from the rest of society). I mean it's not as if scientific prejudice does not have a long history but while drawing similar racist or pseudo-racist conclusion from scientific studies like that has, if not fully, been pushed out of the mainstream doing the exact same thing when it comes to gender is still very much accepted. And then filtered through news media sensationalism of course.

New insights into gendered brain wiring, or a perfect case study in neurosexism?
stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

California bars prostitutes from recieving monetary assistance which other women receive if they have been beaten or raped.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/t/story/questions-answers-calif-sex-worker-rule-21188381
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 245, 246, 247 ... 314, 315, 316  Next
Page 246 of 316

Jump to: