Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

oops 6/14/12
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yinello

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Nique would be interested Glossy's revolution. It used to be a big thing for her to go around and protest.
Wingcap

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D's lookin' pretty cool. Doesn't seem to bothered.

Good. Bring on this revolution, tough guy. (girl?)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tupac might have been a bit more topical than the squirrel as far as holograms go.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
So she randomly changed clothes whilst in the middle of talking to the drones.

She's wearing a mood outfit.

Miss Magenta wrote:
None of the other Sinfest characters even seem to particularly care about her either way

In Sinfest, "not particularly caring" about a character usually seems to mean there's a certain openness about being willing to care about the character; if the characters don't actively dislike you, you can pretty much presume that you're okay by them until proven otherwise. If you're there at all, they'll be laidback friendly. "Hey, howzit goin'? Cool. Sure, whatevs. Later." That sort of thing.

For example, so far Slick and Squig aren't hostile to the Sisterhood. They may not like the group's opinions, but they don't consider the group a threat, either. They're more...bemused by them than anything else. The Sisterhood's like new neighbors who aren't themselves going out of the way to be friendly (except to Devil Girls), yet they're not really hating on Slick and Squig, either. They're metaphorically circling each other, but there's a reasonable level of okayness.

Unless I'm wrong.

Then again, there Squig is, baring his soul to Curly. That's closer to friend than to not-friend. Heck, Slick, Squig, and "Nique have behaved friendly toward Li'l E, who openly hates everybody and tells them that right to their faces (except now that he doesn't). Seriously, if you're willing to hang out with Li'l E (of back then), who aren't you willing to hang out with? Either The Devil or the Angels and that's about it.

Also, Seymour doesn't like her. She helped frilly him up that one time.
Yinello

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Seymour like anyone that's not God or Jesus or the Angels?
Mellifluous

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Public Service Announcement: Do not attempt to eat Pop RocksŪ whilst reading this comic. They will come out your nose. That is all.
Ronald

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
Does Seymour like anyone that's not God or Jesus or the Angels?

Seymour almost never sees the Angels and literally doesn't recognize Jesus when they pass on the street.

However, he seems to like Pebbles just fine. Likes her in a condescending way, but hey, it's a start, right?

===

Some strips have depicted Seymour hanging out with the rest of the gang without making it seem like a big deal or anything. Here's one:

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=2679

Just sort of a tag-along, I suppose, but, again, it's an easygoing "yeah, I guess you're okay" feel. They're not chasing him away or anything.

In this one, 'Nique and Slick are actually voluntarily spending their time listening to Seymour without, as far as one can tell, heckling him even a little bit:

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=2665

On that occasion, they obviously found him interesting. For Seymour, that's practically a hug. Wink
Mr. North by Northwest

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget Sarah Piglin.
Succubus1982

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In regard to the whole change of clothes thing as far as I can see she's wearing the same outfit throughout both strips. It just happens that the 2 middle ones of this strip have varying degrees of shading for dynamic effect. You can clearly see in the 2nd panel she's still wearing the white top it's just got shadowing along the bottom which I presume is also why the pants look black. As for the 3rd panel theres some pretty dramatic shading going on which pretty much silhouettes her entire body except her head and hands. I'm not sure why Tat went this extreme on the shading but he must have had a good reason...
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to say the same thing, but then I noticed that it looks like she has gloves now when she didn't before.
Zorlond

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Zorlond wrote:
Worse, she could be...

Mary Sue. : |

You really think she's tat's wish fulfillment/self insertion character?

Or perhaps you're just another dumbass on the internet who throws around terms that actually have a meaning without knowing what they really mean.

Oh look, another dumbass who attacks people without warning from the safety of a computer screen. So origional.

I know enough about the term to know that there is no one single definition for it. In this particular case, it describes a character who is for the most part irrelevant to the entire experience while possessing permanent plot armor, an infinite supply of supposedly cool gagetry and/or abilities, as is served up to the reader in a manner that demands that they be worshiped and held in awe for whatever type of perfection the writer holds most dear. While failing to actually do so.

Seriously. Replace Glossie in your mind with Bozo the Clown. Do any of the strips you've seen her in change one iota? They don't in mine. The strip would be better off without her. At least something else would be running instead of another Glossie strip.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone's gettin mad over fictional characters, lol.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hulk Rage!
Zorlond

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh look, people who think disagreement is synonymous with anger. Do you guys have any material that isn't over a decade old?
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sound pretty mad to me, man. Now quit droppin' your fedoras left and right. It's just darn-right undignified, yo.

But anyways, honestly you don't really know what you're talkin' about here with the whole mary sue issue so I'm just going to casually leave a couple helpful links here.

http://adventuresofcomicbookgirl.tumblr.com/post/13913540194/mary-sue-what-are-you-or-why-the-concept-of-sue-is
http://improper.dreamwidth.org/108159.html
http://soiscrewedmycompanions.tumblr.com/post/22723485920/words-im-starting-to-hate
http://jezebelfactory.tumblr.com/post/9956574519/megan-rosalarian-gedris-oh-what-nonsense
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: