welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012-06-24: Dudebro Factory
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TragicallyUnhip



Joined: 30 May 2012
Posts: 46

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
uh

you know this is, like, hardly the first time Tat has put himself in his comic? especially in a self-deprecating way?


Uh -

I call it as I see it.

Uh -

I think this is boring

Uh -

I have followed this strip from the very beginning.

Uh -

I have never seen it be this downright bad and preachy and self-indulgent. It's not just the self-insertion character. It's all of it.

Uh -

So yeah. I DO know that.

And,

Uh -

as I said, if it continues like this I will

Uh -

Vote with my feet.

Uh -

Like, yeah.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Monkey Mcdermott



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 3352

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do, all indications point to you kind of being a douche.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MasterMorality



Joined: 22 Dec 2010
Posts: 124

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanting an engaging story that doesn't have the self-indulgent depth of a fucking puddle, but keeps beating away to no end like some psuedo-femenist equivalent of a bible-thumping door-to-door preacher regardless of how utterly irrelevant and misguided it is.

How is that being a douche? Shut up.

It's particularly irritating because Tat is very capable, having demonstrated numerous times, of bringing something interesting and even thought provoking. People will put up with this type of shit for only so long before it becomes grating. Particularly if we didn't think there was something of high quality afterwards.


Last edited by MasterMorality on Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShadowCell



Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 6182
Location: California

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so you've "followed this strip since the beginning" and yet you've "never seen it be this downright bad and preachy and self-indulgent," even though you've "followed this strip since the beginning" and saw all the Matriarchy comics and the story arc where Slick tried to reform his life and the strips where Squig was on the road and everything this comic has ever had to say about religion and every time the comic has veered off to go watch Percy and Pooch do whatever and every single "Politically Incorrect Fringe Ranger" strip and every strip that makes fun of Seymour and all of that, and yet you've "never seen it be this downright bad and preachy and self-indulgent"

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

i see the Dudebro Factory is working at full tilt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dogen



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 10953
Location: Bellingham, WA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daveshan wrote:
Absolutely not. The same way some people are aroused by people of their own gender, your wife is aroused by the thought of being submissive. There are men who are aroused by the thought of being submissive. It's just how you're born. And as long as you remember that in the real world, you can't do those things to others without their consent, you're fine.

It's not how you're born. This is one of those areas of human behavior no one knows much about - what causes fetishes - but there are definite environmental factors. For instance, your first sexual contact will often play a distinct role in your sex life, and certain types of sexual situations among children can create sexual dysfunctions later in life. Then there's the question of rubber fetishes, sadomasochism and lemon scent (that article has a lot of interesting stuff, if you're up for a read). In trauma therapy they talk about paradoxical attractions, where victims of sexual assault will come to find themselves attracted to things that remind them of their assault. Unfortunately, it's hard to find good writing about anything other than severe cases (hence my links being about childhood sexual abuse and rubber fetishes), but there's no reason to believe the proces is different for more tame and socially acceptable fetishes (and good reason not to assume more processes than we need).

Quote:
Tat's constantly portraying one side as bad, wicked, and vile with no redeeming qualities while the other side is good, kind, and virtuous with no ill mark towards their name. It's too black and white for something as large as he's trying to make it.

That's interesting, because especially in this strip I thought he was portraying men as victims of the patriarchy, too.

Quote:
At least give a strawman argument about progress in technology, science, or medicine. Show that these people are at least trying to justify why their actions are necessary.

I'm not sure what you mean here, but I think you may be misunderstanding what a straw man is. A straw man is when you ignore an opponent's actual argument and instead invent an argument for them that's weak and easy to knock down, with the intention of then using a false analogy to say that the straw argument is the same as your opponent's argument.
_________________
"Worse comes to worst, my people come first, but my tribe lives on every country on earth. Iíll do anything to protect them from hurt, the human race is what I serve." - Baba Brinkman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Monkey Mcdermott



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 3352

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.
Quote:

Wanting an engaging story that doesn't have the self-indulgent depth of a fucking puddle, but keeps beating away to no end like some psuedo-femenist equivalent of a bible-thumping door-to-door preacher regardless of how utterly irrelevant and misguided it is.

How is that being a douche? Shut up.



Don't think I will.

See the funniest thing here that I've seen is that the only people who've written complaining about these threads are the same ones who seem to dig on misogynistic porn, biological reasons for treating women like inferior beings and those who run the banner of misandry up the flagpole every time theres time spent on women's problems.


So yeah...douche, much like yourself master morality, and the grip of other snivelling little whiners who swarm this forum hoping they'd find an echo chamber for their sexism. Fuck off yourself.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MasterMorality



Joined: 22 Dec 2010
Posts: 124

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
.
Quote:

Wanting an engaging story that doesn't have the self-indulgent depth of a fucking puddle, but keeps beating away to no end like some psuedo-femenist equivalent of a bible-thumping door-to-door preacher regardless of how utterly irrelevant and misguided it is.

How is that being a douche? Shut up.



Don't think I will.

See the funniest thing here that I've seen is that the only people who've written complaining about these threads are the same ones who seem to dig on misogynistic porn, biological reasons for treating women like inferior beings and those who run the banner of misandry up the flagpole every time theres time spent on women's problems.


So yeah...douche, much like yourself master morality, and the grip of other snivelling little whiners who swarm this forum hoping they'd find an echo chamber for their sexism. Fuck off yourself.


So because I don't cater of the kind of pathetic psuedo-feminist whining that makes real feminist movement supporters curl into a ball and fucking cry I'm sexist now? Bitch, please.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Monkey Mcdermott



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 3352

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterMorality wrote:
Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
.
Quote:

Wanting an engaging story that doesn't have the self-indulgent depth of a fucking puddle, but keeps beating away to no end like some psuedo-femenist equivalent of a bible-thumping door-to-door preacher regardless of how utterly irrelevant and misguided it is.

How is that being a douche? Shut up.



Don't think I will.

See the funniest thing here that I've seen is that the only people who've written complaining about these threads are the same ones who seem to dig on misogynistic porn, biological reasons for treating women like inferior beings and those who run the banner of misandry up the flagpole every time theres time spent on women's problems.


So yeah...douche, much like yourself master morality, and the grip of other snivelling little whiners who swarm this forum hoping they'd find an echo chamber for their sexism. Fuck off yourself.


AH BLOO BLOO BLOO AHBLOOBLAHBLOOOBLAHBLOOOO.


"Real Feminists" I'm not sure you have the slightest clue what the fuck you're talking about.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MasterMorality



Joined: 22 Dec 2010
Posts: 124

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
MasterMorality wrote:
Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
.
Quote:

Wanting an engaging story that doesn't have the self-indulgent depth of a fucking puddle, but keeps beating away to no end like some psuedo-femenist equivalent of a bible-thumping door-to-door preacher regardless of how utterly irrelevant and misguided it is.

How is that being a douche? Shut up.



Don't think I will.

See the funniest thing here that I've seen is that the only people who've written complaining about these threads are the same ones who seem to dig on misogynistic porn, biological reasons for treating women like inferior beings and those who run the banner of misandry up the flagpole every time theres time spent on women's problems.


So yeah...douche, much like yourself master morality, and the grip of other snivelling little whiners who swarm this forum hoping they'd find an echo chamber for their sexism. Fuck off yourself.


AH BLOO BLOO BLOO AHBLOOBLAHBLOOOBLAHBLOOOO.


"Real Feminists" I'm not sure you have the slightest clue what the fuck you're talking about.
Holy shit, the child has learnt to edit other people's posts. How juvenile.

We're done.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dogen



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 10953
Location: Bellingham, WA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank God.
_________________
"Worse comes to worst, my people come first, but my tribe lives on every country on earth. Iíll do anything to protect them from hurt, the human race is what I serve." - Baba Brinkman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yinello



Joined: 10 May 2012
Posts: 2903
Location: Behind you

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to use the word douchecanoe.
_________________
No one is every truly alone with pizza.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShadowCell



Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 6182
Location: California

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a douche-o-war
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dogen



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 10953
Location: Bellingham, WA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently became reacquainted with fuckspigot. Douchecanoe has that nice "oo-oo" cadence going for it, but I really like canoes, and don't care for spigots at all. Fuck spigots! Fuckspigot!
_________________
"Worse comes to worst, my people come first, but my tribe lives on every country on earth. Iíll do anything to protect them from hurt, the human race is what I serve." - Baba Brinkman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yinello



Joined: 10 May 2012
Posts: 2903
Location: Behind you

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But but but it's insulting to spigots around the world!

Now canoes - they just flow with the river, they don't give a shit what anyone says about them.
_________________
No one is every truly alone with pizza.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dogen



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 10953
Location: Bellingham, WA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spigots are demonstrably inferior to canoes, and therefore deserve to be made fun of. Canoes are just better, and everyone should treat them better.
_________________
"Worse comes to worst, my people come first, but my tribe lives on every country on earth. Iíll do anything to protect them from hurt, the human race is what I serve." - Baba Brinkman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 3 of 41

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group