welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

June 26: Mad Libs!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: June 26: Mad Libs! Reply with quote

A return of a well-loved ________ (noun).

Click here to see my artwork!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Holocauxt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen these since forever!
Opinions are like ass holes: everybody has them. Sometimes they're clean... sometimes they stink... and sometimes they're just full of shit. But if you love shoving yours up on other people's faces, then you're a fucking whore.
Dawn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone can argue for and against. There will always be examples for and against. That is how life is.

For Tat, and anyone else curious...
http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/777
Kylra

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually just today wondering when/how he was going to do a "What about the (dominant group)?" focused comic. Now I know, and this is pretty good. Better than what I thought up today so far and a great reuse of the madlib theme.
glitchunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is more like Sinfest forums Mad Libs.
Yinello

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, this just strengthens our (I would say my but I'm sure I'm not the only one who said it) theory that Tat is messing with us.

Not that I mind.

"They're just trying to douchecanoe us into giving up our piece of the douchecanoe." YES.
Hydra

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[delete plz]

Last edited by Hydra on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Hydra

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one am [emotional verb] about the direction of this [storytelling medium]!

The very idea that [oppressed minority] has any right to [verb] our [nationalistic concept] is [adjective]! I mean, it is not merely they who [verb] through life's [unpleasant noun], but the [apathetic majority] as well.

We all [verb] this world together and I see no real point in [verb]ing ourselves, for any reason, through various forms of [ism].

Far as I'm concerned, both [Sinfest character A] and [Sinfest character B] are both equally [moral determination]. What have either of them done but make the situation [qualitative adjective]?

So please, [artist name], please just go back to [nostalgic example of status quo] and get on with it?
Catel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Random congratulations] [artist] !
Estranged

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why the "dominant group" commits 80% of the teenage suicides and why the "opressed group" tends to live considerably longer.

I wonder why happiness studies show the "opressed group" to be happier than the "dominant group" too. Maybe less stress and less pressure to prove yourself - both sexually and professionally? Yes, the "dominant group" tends to occupy the extreme top, but it also tends to occupy the extreme bottom of society, while the "opressed group" enjoys relative, but guaranteed stability.

So far, Tat has only attacked our "privilege" to be pathetic wanker losers, let's get out of sex though.
Are money power? I wonder why the "opressed group" controls 83% of consumer spending decisions!! 45% of America's millionaires are women, and there are more multi-million dollar estates controlled solely by women (48%) than men (35%) http://www.wlp.givingto.vt.edu/wealth/index.html
Halen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bait taken.
Yinello

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I [verb expressing joy]. I hope [artist name] will create more [noun for expressive medium] concerning [social subject] to ruffle people's [noun for what birds wear].

Also [verb concerning swearing] the fact that English isn't my first language, ad libbing is quite [noun for a level of difficulty].
Dawn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estranged wrote:
I wonder why the "dominant group" commits 80% of the teenage suicides and why the "opressed group" tends to live considerably longer.

Simple. Men tend to suicide using much more violent means than women.

"The well-known differences between men’s and women’s preferred suicide methods can also be seen in Table 1. Violent and highly lethal methods such as firearm suicide and hanging are more frequent among men, whereas women often choose poisoning or drowning, which are less violent and less lethal."

Source: World Health Organization
http://www.who.int/bulletin/volumes/86/9/07-043489/en/index.html

Also why the 'oppressed group' live longer then men because...

One important reason is the big delay — and advantage — women have over men in terms of cardiovascular disease, like heart attack and stroke. Women develop these problems usually in their 70s and 80s, about 10 years later than men, who develop them in their 50s and 60s.

One reason for that delay in onset of cardiovascular disease could be that women are relatively iron-deficient compared to men — especially younger women, those in their late teens and early 20s — because of menstruation. Iron plays a very important part in the reactions in our cells that produce damaging free radicals, which glom onto cell membranes and DNA, and may translate into aging the cell.

[There are a few other reasons that men die earlier in life more often than women.] Men in their late teens and 20s go through something called "testosterone storm." The levels of the hormone can be quite high and changeable, and that can induce some pretty dangerous behavior among young men. They don't wear their seatbelts; they drink too much alcohol; they can be aggressive with weapons and so on and so forth. These behaviors lead to a higher death rate.

Source: Time Magazine
http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1827162,00.html#ixzz1ytOvAYEp

Bullshit. Women have have to work twice, three times as hard to make it into the top ranks who are dominated by men. In industries which are dominated by men, women who are as aggressive as men are viewed negatively and talked down.

Also sexually? What about all the women who are coerced by men to 'show us your tits!', or encouraged to 'kiss each other' in clubs, general sexual harassment, a large proportion of rapes of women by men, etc.

How about this project which encourages rape survivors to send in pictures of quotes from their rapists? There are thousands of submissions.

http://projectunbreakable.tumblr.com/

Estranged wrote:
Yes, the "dominant group" tends to occupy the extreme top, but it also tends to occupy the extreme bottom of society, while the "opressed group" enjoys relative, but guaranteed stability.

I call bullshit as well. I know many single mothers whose boyfriends/partners dumped them at the first sign of pregnancy. My boyfriend was raped as a child by a father who never wanted him and his mom spent all her money gaining custody of him, and the father *NEVER* paid child support.

In the poorest of countries, the women do MAJORITY of the work at the farm, since the beginning of EVOLUTION. Men had to hunt, yes, but meat was SO rare that ever community relied on whatever vegetation the women could bring in.

How about fundamentalist Muslim countries where women are denied an education? Not allowed to go anywhere without a male relative?

How about India where women have to pay men to be married? Many Asian countries where female infanticide is rampant? How about religions which say women must submit to the husband?

How about African countries where lesbians are raped, murdered, mutilated because their lesbianism is a threat to men?

Even I living in a privileged society have come across subtle misogyny, by men suggesting women deserve to be raped for just dressing a certain way, acting a certain way, and I was called a SLUT because somehow, I deserved it because I was dressed in long sleeved coat, long pants and regular shoes, and the only skin you saw was my hands and face?

You choose to IGNORE so many things as a MAN in a 'privileged' society, and even then, you choose to ignore the many societal expectations and treatment of women in your privilege society. The culture of misogyny in universities in Sydney for instance

A GROUP of past and present University of Sydney students set up a ''pro-rape'' page in the sports and recreation section on Facebook, describing themselves as ''anti-consent''.

The male students, mostly from the elite, all-male St Paul's College, initially ensured the ''Define Statutory'' group had an open, public profile, and proudly displayed their membership on their personal Facebook pages.

Both the commander of the NSW Police sex crimes unit and the head of the NSW Rape Crisis Centre condemned the site, describing it as ''grooming perpetrators of sexual violence''.

The Facebook page, which has since shut but ran from August until late last month, is part of a broader culture at the residential colleges that demeans women in a sexist and often sexually violent way, experts say.

The Herald has spoken to several women, also past and present residential college students, who have experienced sexual assault and attempted assaults on campus. They say the privileged atmosphere of colleges, combined with a culture of binge drinking and few restraints on behaviour, mean most rapes go unreported.

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/elite-college-students-proud-of-prorape-facebook-page-20091108-i3js.html#ixzz1ytTgSW1O
Dawn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And so you know, men don't only rape women. Women rape men and many are afraid to report it, but guess what happened?

A few instances of women raping men. It is a lot more difficult for us to do so because of the sheer difference in strength. But women on men rape does happen. Just a lot rarer.

Wingcap

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohcrapohcrapohcrap

Can I still say inb4forumfite? I'm fleein', peeps! *grabs hat and runs*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: