welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

June 26: Mad Libs!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Him



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 4183
Location: On edge

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously you guys, white straight men with an above average income are totally the most opressed group ever.
_________________
A cigarette is the perfect type of a perfect pleasure. It is exquisite, and it leaves one unsatisfied. What more can one want? ~Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heretical Rants



Joined: 21 Jul 2009
Posts: 5344
Location: No.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Him wrote:
Seriously you guys, white straight men with an above average income are totally the most opressed group ever.

Yeah man
like totally


*cough*

I'm not prejudiced against them though

like
one or two of my friends are white heterosexual jingoistic Christians
I think
probably

I mean, I probably haven't weeded all of that sort of person out of my life yet. Some of them are sneakier about it than others. Like, they're in "the closet" or whatever the phrase is.
_________________
butts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yinello



Joined: 10 May 2012
Posts: 2675
Location: Behind you

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha that image. Just the word of the use 'Normal' makes the whole thing so wrong.

I have quite a few white heterosexual etc etc guys in my friend group. But they don't get all defensive when the topic of oppression comes up, because they're not dicks who feel attacked.
_________________
Help. Help, my eyes are stuck from rolling so hard. Help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Estranged



Joined: 01 Jul 2007
Posts: 85

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- People who commit "inefficient" suicide hope to get attention and help.
Men commit suicide by more efficient means simply because they don't hope to meet any compassion or attention.

- As I said, occupying the extreme top also comes with occupying the extreme bottom. Throughout history, and even now, men do the most exhausting, physically damaging, unhealthy and dangerous (that is, deadly) jobs. I don't see feminists trying to get quotas for the mines, they only want quotas for the leadership positions.

- Rape again, yay. I'm tired of feeling guilty just for being male. Probably that's why women can laugh at the fact that another woman cut her husband's penis off, laugh in a popular TV show with no regret. It's funny, he surely deserved it just for being male.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawn



Joined: 22 Mar 2010
Posts: 123
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estranged wrote:

- Rape again, yay. I'm tired of feeling guilty just for being male. Probably that's why women can laugh at the fact that another woman cut her husband's penis off, laugh in a popular TV show with no regret. It's funny, he surely deserved it just for being male.


Right, how many men get their penis cut off? Count them for me.

_____________________________
What would you say to *this* man?

A man who had his genitals removed seasoned them before cooking them for five paying dinner party guests, it has been claimed.

Mao Sugiyama, 22, who is asexual, had voluntarily undergone surgery to have them removed.

But the illustrator took his frozen penis and scrotum home from hospital and organised a grim party.
________________________________


Lets go with Acid attacks

Campaigners in Pakistan say cases of acid attacks are increasing in most areas, even though tougher penalties were introduced last year. An Oscar-winning Pakistani documentary has put the crime under the spotlight, but it is estimated that more than 150 women have acid thrown on them every year - usually by husbands or in-laws - and many never get justice. The BBC's Orla Guerin reports.
_______________________________

Let's go with Genital Mutilation. The equivalent of cutting off the penis, as it removs the CLITORIS.

FGM is typically carried out on girls from a few days old to puberty. It may take place in a hospital, but is usually performed, without anaesthesia, by a traditional circumciser using a knife, razor, or scissors. According to the WHO, it is practiced in 28 countries in western, eastern, and north-eastern Africa, in parts of the Middle East, and within some immigrant communities in Europe, North America, and Australasia.[2] The WHO estimates that 100140 million women and girls around the world have experienced the procedure, including 92 million in Africa.[1] The practise is carried out by some communities who believe it reduces a woman's libido.[3]

_________________________

So please. Give me your penis-cutting off statistics by a woman to a man, and I'll give you 100-140 million women who have had their labia and or clitoris removed, and the entire opening of the vagina sewn up to keep them as virgins until their wedding day where the husband tears through them.
_________________

Also Male circumcision?

Here's this bit.

"Traditionally, it is believed that male circumcision enhances sexual pleasure for the men, but the female equivalent is supposed to inhibit female sexual pleasure."


'Supporters of female genital mutilation provides much more satisfaction to the male, especially when the opening of the vagina is sewn up to be very small and tight. Supporters of FGM believe it is the women's duty to be as satisfying as possible to the man"

http://www.ghananewsagency.org/details/Features/FGM-is-a-Human-Rights-Abuse-let-s-fight-against-it/?ci=10&ai=45523
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adyon



Joined: 27 May 2012
Posts: 1160
Location: Behind my Cintiq

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just jump in here
Estranged wrote:
- People who commit "inefficient" suicide hope to get attention and help.
Men commit suicide by more efficient means simply because they don't hope to meet any compassion or attention.

While there's plenty of studies I could go into, it's late and I don't feel like it. I'll start off with this and actually agree with you on a point...It IS true that men generally are prone to "bottling" it up and refusing to think anyone would care.

Anyway, that's about as much as I can give you. Other than that, I don't really know how to put it other than to simply say...You're wrong. It doesn't mean the man didn't want help just as much as the girl, but rather, he choose a stronger way to do it, as men DO act rashly without thinking sometimes, and often do it in a strong "flashy" way. And despite how much you want to believe so, "inefficient" suicides aren't just pleas for attention any more than someone using a gun. Women REALLY are just more prone to those methods, as...well, it seems like a lot better way to go. But their are women who have used those means too, so don't think it's not the case sometimes there too.

Estranged wrote:
- As I said, occupying the extreme top also comes with occupying the extreme bottom. Throughout history, and even now, men do the most exhausting, physically damaging, unhealthy and dangerous (that is, deadly) jobs. I don't see feminists trying to get quotas for the mines, they only want quotas for the leadership positions.


If you're talking full history, you should know life expectancy was juuuuuust about as shitty all around for everyone. For starters, men may have had to work tough jobs, but you can see times all throughout history women have had to do labrous jobs too...Not to mention sometimes...I dunno...or all the time...they had this issue with having to freaking be pregnant and give birth, a practice that often used to kill people...a lot. And all the while, they did have hard working jobs too. In some points, they were out working fields, and even in parts of history where they "stayed home and tended the house" and all that crap, they often still worked on field or things local there, animals, and cliche "pioneer" things like churning butter! Yee haw! Seriously, have you ever tried to churn butter? Shoot me now. I'd rather plant a field.

All the while, guess what, in modern times, we've invented technology and all these things that help us...So we don't have to really break our backs anymore as much as we did...But guess what? Women still have to deal with all those fun things like pregnancy, or just periods in general. Oh, I DO know women that work in hard jobs like that.

You're right that more often than not, they're not trying to argue for those rights...but not because of the reason you seem to think. I'll put it this way...Jobs like that aren't exactly luxury jobs that people want to go into, so why "fight" specifically for the right to work at McDonalds? No, you "fight" for the right to have any job equally. Then people can do McDonalds if they want. It just goes without saying that if they get higher rights, the crap jobs can be there if they want.

But beyond that, it's not their fault when a male employer won't hire female construction workers, because he says they can't handle the labor. Instead they end up taking some OTHER remedial job, that's on the same low level tier as those harsh jobs, but doesn't pay much. So, they have to work 2 jobs if they want to make as much as a man in the "lower" bracket of job categories. And all the while, it's the higher end jobs that people should want, and women get screwed there all the time. So, your points just sound like whining on so many levels.

Estranged wrote:
- Rape again, yay. I'm tired of feeling guilty just for being male. Probably that's why women can laugh at the fact that another woman cut her husband's penis off, laugh in a popular TV show with no regret. It's funny, he surely deserved it just for being male.

Well, in cases that the guy raped someone, yeah...seems like a decent punishment. Or if she cut it off while he attempted to. Yep. Justified. Good on her.

But I don't know any women that would just laugh because another girl randomly decided to go horror movie on a guy for no reason, or because he stood her up or something. I don't even know many that would think that for cheating or something...Maybe a few swift kicks to the groin, but not that extreme. I have no idea where you're even pulling this angst from.



You're just so jaded. I don't know what made you so, but you have VERY inaccurate views of the world, women, and why people do what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dawn



Joined: 22 Mar 2010
Posts: 123
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adyon wrote:

You're just so jaded. I don't know what made you so, but you have VERY inaccurate views of the world, women, and why people do what they do.


His name is 'Estranged'. which is fairly telling for someone with that sort of views.

I've certainly been accused of lashing out at the good men for the sins of a few. However, when the 'good' men are happy going along with rape jokes - using rape as a way of bonding, going into increasingly horrifying acts of what they would do to a 'fictional' woman, while a female around...

Well, let's just say the perpetrators deserved (Estranged might say no) the icy stare and the flying projectile I gave them (which shut them up), and the 'good' guy was protesting from the intense hate I gave him later (my ex).

His excuse was: He never said anything to further the discussion. (He was smiling and enjoying himself with all this rape talk).
_____________________

I do not speak for Estranged, but he probably got friendzoned and/or very wronged (in public and/or private opinion) by several women (or one) who wielded the power in their hands, or something.

I know a 24 year old virgin who has never kissed, never had a date, speaks of having 'high' standards when it comes to choosing a woman to date, and is now on the downward spiral of hating women: that they have all the power while he has none, they keep on choosing jerks and ignoring a nice guy like him and hating that he needs them because he feels so lost and lonely without having a woman by his side.

If he doesn't get a date, he's probably gonna become as bitter and jaded as Estranged here. Hating women because they have power while he has none, and hating himself because he feels like he really needs them.

I'm not suggesting this is Estranged's situation. But from his posts, it sounds like he believes women have the power while men have none. That could come of any countless number of causes, including

1: Having women advance over him at work because they are pretty but can't do shit (It happened to my boyfriend).

I'm not defending this. It is wrong, pure and simple. She probably slept with the boss to get the promotion, or the boss just likes her because she's pretty. It did happen to my boyfriend and he was pretty pissed at the big, fat, balding manager who promoted the pretty young airhead.

2. Having the law in the woman's favour, whether it is child support, divorce or a false rape claim etc.

This is a common reason that men hate women or become jaded that the law is biased towards women. Then again, scores of rapists never go to jail because women never report them, and even if they do, proving it is tough as shit. You win some, you lose some eh?

3. Being in the same situation as my friend described above.

This one I can definitely feel sorry for. Then again, what sort of woman are you aiming for? The hot, confident woman who could sleep with any man she desires? Someone with Jessica Alba's look is WAY out of the regular man's league unless you are blessed with Chris Hemsworth, George Clooney's etc. looks. (or even Edward Cullen or Whatshisname. *EWWW)

(aka. people with the same level of social attractiveness should be dating each other)

And trust me, you can get out of a friend zone. It takes confidence which is fairly easy to have if the two of you have a common interest. Beware trying to pursue the hot girl whom you have nothing in common with. I highly do *not* recommend it. You are only going to get hurt.

4. Constantly being talked down to by female figures (mom, sisters, aunts etc)

Very possible here. With female numbers at university outnumbering male's, it is entirely possible that males may be looked down upon because of that sort of reason.

5. Being emotionally manipulated and destroyed by a girlfriend.

Happened to *several* male friends of mine. These girls destroyed them and any 'good' feelings they had for females. They recognize that she (their ex's) do not represent all women, but that doesn't help the feelings of intense anger and sadness they feel. (By the way, this sort of thing happen both ways)

One girl was particularly bitchy. She told her ex boyfriend's current girlfriend that they were still sleeping together, and the fireworks that ensued would have blinded and deafened all present.

Fuck, that girl is a bitch.
_______________________

Anyway...

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yinello



Joined: 10 May 2012
Posts: 2675
Location: Behind you

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get this whole feeling guilty bullshit. If another Eurasian working female Atheist does something really shitty, I don't feel guilty. She doesn't represent me or anyone else and I'd be more than happy to kick her off of the face of the Earth. It just sounds like an excuse to say that you don't want to do anything about it.

Also rape jokes in front of a woman is fucking stupid, like making racist jokes in front of an African. Have some damn respect.

Also that image has so much win in it Dawn.
_________________
Help. Help, my eyes are stuck from rolling so hard. Help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawn



Joined: 22 Mar 2010
Posts: 123
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Yinello

The artist is humon
http://humon.deviantart.com/

She's pretty awesome. Some of her art may be offensive to men as she frequently draws mild femdom...and she draws male genitalia and male nipples and not female nipples or female genitals.

(Call her sexist, but the term can be applied to male artists too. Many of their images of women are *worse* than what she draws).

Rape jokes are a no, whether by men about women, by women about women (fuck those women who claim false rape. They need to be shot), by women about men, by men about men. By gays about gays, by transexuals about transexuals, by bisexuals about bisexuals, by asexuals about all other sexuals etc.

NO RAPE JOKES.

Unfortunately rape jokes promotes bonding somehow when it comes to a lot of men.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yinello



Joined: 10 May 2012
Posts: 2675
Location: Behind you

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh someone new to follow.

If you look at art in history, women's genitalia and breasts have appeared 100000000000 times more than men's genitalia. So people whining about that sound silly.
_________________
Help. Help, my eyes are stuck from rolling so hard. Help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kylra



Joined: 11 Jan 2012
Posts: 383

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawn wrote:
Unfortunately rape jokes promotes bonding somehow when it comes to a lot of men.

That's more or less because men are told by society/culture that's one way they're supposed to bond with other men. There's a reason the phrase "rape culture" exists as a term in feminism, which I'm guessing you're aware of.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sudoku



Joined: 19 Jun 2012
Posts: 206
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


Oh you silly foreigners and your ethical issues.




On another note, I can't help but feel extremely disturbed by the message.
It's not a direct offense or anything, it just... hits your in the gut by surprise the moment you finish reading it. :C
_________________
Hey there pretty little lady,
Why are you out so late,
I wouldn't want to be you lady,
Because the wolves gonna want a taste.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kylra



Joined: 11 Jan 2012
Posts: 383

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sudoku wrote:
On another note, I can't help but feel extremely disturbed by the message.
It's not a direct offense or anything, it just... hits your in the gut by surprise the moment you finish reading it. :C

It should be pretty disturbing because it's a misapplied cooption of anti-oppression rhetoric and theory to support straight white christian male hegemony that oppresses minority groups.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sudoku



Joined: 19 Jun 2012
Posts: 206
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

srsly, I've seen some pretty serious racism/oppression/general stupidity regarding differences and other ethical/moral/common issues that exist among people here, but they usually work themselves out in less than a month or so and it fizzles out of our minds.

In fact, the only truly memorable stuff we've had were May 13th and the Bersih campaign, excluding various corruption and bribing cases, and arguments about which political group is better to vote.

But a country that has an actual active group of people who intends to stand firm on the fact that even being slightly different makes you a monster?
That's just, saying this for a lack of better words, unsettling. :I

I mean, you'd figure that a majority of the people on Earth would have learned a few things by now from the past few centuries.
_________________
Hey there pretty little lady,
Why are you out so late,
I wouldn't want to be you lady,
Because the wolves gonna want a taste.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kylra



Joined: 11 Jan 2012
Posts: 383

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's lots of people that do it unintentionally too. Most people consider women to be "different men" rather than a type of person in their own right as a conceptual example. In white-dominated countries at least, it's the straight, white, cis, able, protestant men that are the group that is considered "people" by society with no modifiers. Everyone else is "weird" or "abnormal" or "exotic" people that require an adjective to describe.

This causes a large variety of problems, not limited to things like this:
http://xkcd.com/385/

The man is treated as a singular person. The woman is treated as a representative of all women. Only straight white able men have the privilege of being treated as individuals by society at large.


Last edited by Kylra on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group