welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Wub Wubs are Delicious! We like Gaming thread(s)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falkonn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I have time to play Ur-Quan and Lol and do school then. It does look like a really fun game though.

As far as the doran's items goes, I've definitely seen them used effectively. I don't like the playstyle, but if you play hyper aggressively (and can beat your opposing lane fairly well) then you can stack two to three doran's blades early in order to snowball out of control. After you get about three early kills on their adc the bottom lane basically can't recover if your living through the fights. I enjoy playing a little more passively when I'm playing adc and like to win by getting in some poke and ensuring that I have more minion kills then the other team does.

Recently I've been wrecking people's days playing support nunu though. He's a very strong lane bully and because of the slow is good at converting that damage into kills.
cixelsyD

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am personally of the opinion that LoL is very punishing to people who make small mistakes, especially early. So I feel that getting Doran's items is quite unnecessary. If you get killed by the enemy team before lvl 6 in a lane just the experience you lose alone will be enough of a gap to easily get outpaced by them until late game team fights, especially if they are good at exp denial.

Even though I don't personally like the dorans items and would rather get boots and pots or some other small piece of equipment(meki pendents or regrowth are quite the secks) I can easily understand why people start with the doran's. For your buck you cant really get more bang. I just dont like it when people start stacking them, because obviously they are piss late game.

As for leashing it seems to be the new kick, and I dont like that either. I would much rather have my team bush scout for me to prevent a counter-jungle gank then give me a leash, even a hard one. One thing I really dont like about it is that when people return to the middle they usually dont take much or any care to hide the direction from which they came, which I feel is terribly dangerous for a jungler and can give the enemy team information as to your jungle paths. An obvious example would be that if you see the enemy mid come into the lane from the blue buff you know that in about 80 seconds or so their jungler will be just about done with red, and probably very low on health.
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is this team playing in Dallas and what have they done with CLG.EU?
Snorri

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cixelsyD wrote:

As for leashing it seems to be the new kick, and I dont like that either. I would much rather have my team bush scout for me to prevent a counter-jungle gank then give me a leash, even a hard one. One thing I really dont like about it is that when people return to the middle they usually dont take much or any care to hide the direction from which they came, which I feel is terribly dangerous for a jungler and can give the enemy team information as to your jungle paths. An obvious example would be that if you see the enemy mid come into the lane from the blue buff you know that in about 80 seconds or so their jungler will be just about done with red, and probably very low on health.

well they're going to make leashing unpossible now. Jungle is going to be way different now.

good thing I don't do it. I have a hard enough time with any other role.

Canopus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replaying Resident Evil 4 on PC, or at least trying to.

The mouse sensitivity goes haywire to the smallest cursor differential and the fact that some of the control buttons don't even exist on the keyboard doesn't help. For some of the quicktime events like dodging the boulder, you need to be an octopus, or very very fast.

So right now, I need to get the mods that make it bearable. Until then, IT'S. FUCKING. INFURIATING. AAAAAAGGGGHHGHGHGH

The game has sweettastic replay value, hence why I'm throwing in the extra effort.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some things I like about RE6: the item system, ... Yeah. That's about it. It's not a good game. No wait! Sherry. The new item system is brill, and so is Sherry. If they removed the Leon and Chris section and that godawful action-y zombies-with-machine-guns thing, and just focused on Sherry and her story, it would be a better game.

And now for something completely different. Truth be told, I was as sceptical as anyone when Elder Scrolls Online was first announced, but now? I'm almost sold. There's the question of if what they're saying in this pseudo-documentary is too good to be true, but the way they describe the battle system: excellent. The server system sounds a little like Diablo III and we know how well that went, so we'll see about that. They're introducing the perk system from Skyrim, which could be interesting, or it could turn out to be the generic "this is how you need to spec or you won't get to play" setup. All in all, though, it actually sounds... believe it or not, great! I'm actually kind of pumped trying it out now. And this is still in the alpha stage, so it's pretty impressive.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOG has a pick 5, pay 10 sale with choice of 20 games to pick from. You can do it multiple times.
Sam

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there literally hasn't been a game i've played in months where it was not the expectation of the AD to leash.
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But then, if I understand the pre-season patch notes correctly, leashing as we know it is going the way of the dodo anyway.
Halen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In english?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a Double Fine specific Humble Bundle up:

https://www.humblebundle.com/double-fine

Choice to purchase three prototype games, and vote for prototype games to come and the top four gets produced!
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halen wrote:
In english?

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/League_of_Legends_terminology
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
Halen wrote:
In english?

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/League_of_Legends_terminology

Not the most helpful of links.

To elucidate a bit more, creeps will currently chase the first person to hit them, so it's common practice to get someone to run in and punch the creeps, then run away. This lets the jungler kill the first few groups without taking much (if any) damage.

The new patch will make it so that creeps will always hit the closest target, so this whole strategy don't work no more.

Also: replaying Witcher 2, and two things have struck me, the story actually branches far more often and far more severely than I expected, and holy shit the enhanced edition lets me watch those stupid fucking quick time events as a cutscene.

Me gusta.
Canopus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add to that, the jungler is the vital part of the team whose role is to beat the crap out of neutral monsters until they explode into a pile of gold coins. The process of jungling allows a team to acquire resources faster, in order to out-compete the enemy team.

The jungler can also rush out of the woods at an opportune time to ambush the opposition. This is called a gank and if played right can demolish them.
Sam

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jungler is essentially mandatory once you reach any elo where people generally know what the fuck they are doing and the game has to follow, RARELY with fail, toplane bruisersassin/jungle bruisersassin/ap mid/support and ad carry bot

I feel they want to diversify the jungle experience but with no real knowledge of the in-depth mechanics of it my guess is that they'll just stricture it further by making the jungler starter items a mandatory build pick and homogenize jungle play further
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: