welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feminist storyline is overdone
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you tired of the feminist storyline in the comic?
Yes
40%
 40%  [ 50 ]
No
29%
 29%  [ 37 ]
Can handle some more
4%
 4%  [ 5 ]
Would rather have less
7%
 7%  [ 9 ]
Who cares?
6%
 6%  [ 8 ]
I'm here for the forum trolling.
12%
 12%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 124

Kylra

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TragicallyUnhip wrote:
I'm too fucking old to give a shit, babe.

So - have your little tantrum and patrol the language of someone else, .

I will insult whoever I want however I want when I'm here. And guess what? When it comes time to vote for gender equality, whether it be the Lily Ledbetter law or something similar in the states, I will. I voted for the fucking ERA because it was right. If any woman in my workplace that I actually have to work with needs me to moderate my language because she feels uncomfortable with me saying something objectionable, I will immediately admit wrong and change my habits - as I always have, even before the state-mandated moronic sensitivity classes. Why? Because that's right. I try to do what's right, always. And, having put my body on the front lines with my wife for CARAL and been bullied and manhandled and villified by Randall Terry and his assholes until we finally were able to drive them out of the state gives me a perspective that many here don't have, including, it seems to me, the author of this comic.

You still have some kind of problem with women if you're going to drag them all through the mud just to insult one person and then try to justify doing so. You could have just said "my bad, I didn't mean to insult all women, I'm sorry" and things would have been cool on that front, but no, you have to justify casually insulting all women as acceptable.
TragicallyUnhip

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
TragicallyUnhip wrote:
Kylra wrote:
Princess used like that is a gendered insult calling all women irrational in order to insult Monkey. Please insult just Monkey next time instead of all women and Monkey.

Have a nice day, thank you.

I'm too fucking old to give a shit, babe.

So - have your little tantrum and patrol the language of someone else, .

I will insult whoever I want however I want when I'm here. And guess what? When it comes time to vote for gender equality, whether it be the Lily Ledbetter law or something similar in the states, I will. I voted for the fucking ERA because it was right. If any woman in my workplace that I actually have to work with needs me to moderate my language because she feels uncomfortable with me saying something objectionable, I will immediately admit wrong and change my habits - as I always have, even before the state-mandated moronic sensitivity classes. Why? Because that's right. I try to do what's right, always. And, having put my body on the front lines with my wife for CARAL and been bullied and manhandled and villified by Randall Terry and his assholes until we finally were able to drive them out of the state gives me a perspective that many here don't have, including, it seems to me, the author of this comic.

When I see a simplistic and naive point of view, I will call it as I see it.

When someone calls me a Nazi, he can fuck off and die. I have family who lost relatives in that war and in the camps. I was actually being restrained.

As i said earlier somewhere on this forum "outing douchebags"

Congrats!

HAH!

Seriously. This is why my posts seem condescending to you. Because you're not really up to my level, intellectually or emotionally.

I do have better things to do with my time than to trade insults with children. To quote one wise guy, "Arguing over the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded."

Seriously, you kids are mighty intelligent, but none too smart.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, he quit the comic forever because he's tired of it so hard he actually came back!
Kylra

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TragicallyUnhip wrote:
I do have better things to do with my time than to trade insults with children. To quote one wise guy, "Arguing over the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded."

A proponent of ableist jokes too! Oh my what a shocker.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've met all of 2 types of people who use the "kiddies" method of denigrating their internet opposition, the very young, and the old, irrelevant, and terrified of it.
Samsally

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gross, is this guy for real?

We really are digging up some winners, aren't we?
Adyon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TragicallyUnhip wrote:
Seriously. This is why my posts seem condescending to you. Because you're not really up to my level, intellectually or emotionally.

And yet here you are...posting idiotic comments thinking you're above people while spitting gibberish more asinine than a middle-schooler. Congrats. You're not only stupid, you're a hypocrite.

Hopefully someday when you realize that the facade of ego you project on yourself to cover your pathetic inadequacies fades, you realize the negativity you cast has just been eating away at yourself turning you into the sad existence you are. Maybe then you'll realize that you were the one making your own life miserable.

In the meantime, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Samsally

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh oh! I have the perfect comic for this.

Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its pretty hilarious, because they just keep showing up, spouting horrible shit and then looking around like "MIRITE? MIRITE!?!?!" and expecting everyone to go "YA UR RITE!!"

But that's not really what's happening here.
Delakando

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thread got hijacked from a simple answer of yes or no on whether they liked the feminist storyline being portrayed in the comic and turned into an argument and contest of name throwing.

Arrow Please bring your discussion some where else.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delakando wrote:
My thread got hijacked from a simple answer of yes or no on whether they liked the feminist storyline being portrayed in the comic and turned into an argument and contest of name throwing.

Arrow Please bring your discussion some where else.

No
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to me, this is the perfect thread for such a discussion. You should've thought of the consequences before posting this poll, Delakando.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TragicallyUnhip wrote:
And guess what? When it comes time to vote for gender equality, whether it be the Lily Ledbetter law or something similar in the states, I will. I voted for the fucking ERA because it was right.

I want to know how he voted for the ERA. Unless I'm mistaken, he's talking about the Equal Rights Amendment, which is an amendment to the Constitution. Was he in a state legislature in 1972? Maybe he just meant he voted for people who supported it, but that's not what it sounds like.
SA_Penguin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread has, like so many, descended into abuse and counter-abuse. Taunts and name-calling. In a [probably futile] attempt to return to the original topic, I'm going to refer to "Sinfest: Viva La Resistance" introduction - by Erika Moen.

She wrote how the character of Monique - a "confident self-possessed sexpot" was a revelation. At home, she was getting negative impressions about sex, and "getting misdirected slut accusations from my mother".
She made a fan shirt, sent a picture to Tatsuya, and was astounded too get a reply. Sinfest made her feel good when she needed it, and she fondly remembers the validation.

So I wonder: Erika Moen, how do you feel now?

Monique's sexuality went into decline, when she realised she was sending men to Hell. Then we met Glossie, and the whole Patriarchy theme started.
Maybe the little fan character is Tatsuya's version of Erika. Maybe Tat feels guilty about about the message she got from Monique. But ever since the change, it seems like she has a lot less to say. Here character, once so vibrant, dominant, and carefree, has been sidelined to the point where I wonder - would young girls still make a fan shirt of her?
Mr Zero

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matriarchy, Patriarchy, nonsense and noise. Just end this already. Some character reactions, some "Is that right? I don't think that's right. Time to burn bras." or "If I can't get laid doesn't that mean that I'm a failure as a man? Well screw that." is to be expected from time to time. But this lengthy passive-aggressive whining about the 'gender conflict' has gone on too long. And Miss McMatrix BigWheel just has to vanish for a long time. She's a killjoy, not a punchline, not a message. I don't like crude humor-attempts, but this attempt at 'a dignified higher road full of questions' is getting empty of anything other then beautiful art. All shell, no meat, no ocean.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 3 of 28

Jump to: