welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1 July 2012 - Virgin/Whore
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:

It's an idea that we might consider. Our heritages are Dutch, Polish and Asian. Wonder if there's a surname for that.

i like the idea of coming up with your own personal surname. the only problem i see is that it will complicate things for your great-great-great-grandchildren, should they decide to research their family history.

but it would be fitting the history of surnames - they were taken from professions, or where you lived, or whose children you were. you could expand the icelandic method of having the surname <father's name><daughter> by naming girls as "mother's daughter" and boys as "father's son" for equal representation. or switch it around. your choice.
Necronner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't believe in what we believe, your a horrible person. Though what can I say, when you have a religion, it can obfuscate your own view over other peoples points of view.

And by the way, I'm not against a man taking the wives name, I was just saying that under your belief that taking a mans name is claiming ownership, I thought you would take offense at the man taking the womens. I forgot though, this is RADICAL feminism, not just Equality of social stature and Equal Pay, like most women believe in.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're the one who said this

Necronner wrote:
Yeah but marraige is ownership, you control the others lives from that point on, no matter how hard you may try not too. Your husband may want to move, while you want to stay, no one have their own way in a marraige.

Edit: And I have the best girl in the world, she read the stuff and said, " you got me, I have you, everyone else here needs to get a life, it's too damn short to fight about this shit." I agree fully, later.

and that's what makes you a horrible person.

but now you're lying about it too! so that also makes you a horrible person! imagine that.
Necronner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you're telling me, that if you ever got married, if you and your husband ever disagreed on what to do, you both would just do your own thing because you don't have any influence in their life?

Example: He gets a promotion job, but has to move to a foreign country in order to do his job. You get a promotion at your job as well though and it requires you to stay in the country. Under the, 'no control over anyone' you don't have any right to ask him to stay, cause by asking him to give up his promotion, you are controlling an aspect of his life.

Joining in a marriage is about control, about SHARED Control, I control her, she controls me. And together we come up with a decision we both can live with.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy fucking--

how old are you? are you twelve? jesus fucking christ. there is no way you are some kind of competent adult who has to actually deal with other people.

seriously, you know in the real world, a responsible, mature adult doesn't think they exercise "control" over their partner's life, right? you sit down and work it out like, you know, responsible, mature people who recognize that the other person is not a thing you control but, you know, a fucking person. yours is the attitude from which things like stalking and domestic violence and rape come from, because you think you "control" the other person. great googly moogly that's fucked up.

jesus goddamn motherfucking christ on a stick, this is, like, what stupid Japanese anime shows say about love or something. holy god.
Necronner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahem:

Control
Con*trol

The power to influence or direct people's behavior or the course of events.

Even when you are just "work things out" you are having control over someones life.

Im just saying your view that taking someones name deems that you have control over them doesn't matter, cause if you get married, your going to be giving up some of your own control to the other person.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnno, try again, spanky

i mean, if you want your marriage to fail, then yeah, you'd approach it as a matter of controlling somebody. but then, people don't actually like to be controlled--so, rather, what you actually seem to be vaguely groping after here is that a healthy relationship requires mutual compromise, working out agreements you can both live with, respect for each other's persons and interests and personalities...to think that process is simply you directing the other person as you wish, and the other person directing you as they wish, simply shows how much growing up you have left to do. to reduce that whole process down to "control of each other" shows that you clearly do not understand how to have a healthy relationship. because, really, the process of growing up involves a recognition that other people are not, actually, things that you "control." you may have influence--more influence than most other people--but unless you enforce your "control" with, oh, i dunno, say, violence, you really don't have "control."

and you shouldn't! because your wife does not cease to be her own person with her own thoughts and dreams and aspirations and interests and personality just because she got married to you. and if you think working out problems between the two of you is a matter of exercising "control" over her, clearly you do not respect those thoughts and dreams and etc of hers, because you approached it as something that needed to be "directed," regardless of her will. which is, you know, a profoundly shitty thing to do.

and we haven't even gotten to the part where you only seem to expect this of your hypothetically and hopefully-for-her-sake-nonexistent wife. sure doesn't seem to be a two-way street you're talking about here!

a healthy relationship may well mean that one person has control of certain things, like the family finances. or it may not. but to say that means your marriage is about control--and, moreover, to say that's how it should be--is ridiculously childish at best. at worst, this attitude--the attitude that marriage means control over the other person--quite easily leads to spousal abuse.

to say nothing of how you're still missing the point about surnames.

don't worry, Necronner! eventually you'll grow up and realize that too. hopefully.

Last edited by ShadowCell on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Necronner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not missing the point, Im saying there IS no point. So what if some of us want to continue with a tradition that hasn't done ANYTHING to ACTIVELY HURT people.

You see anything that asks something of a woman as something Inherently BAD. So basically you want everyone to just GIVE you equality.

Even in the comic its just some vague form of feminism, with no real action besides brainwashing the Manbro Factory into doing what they want with THEIR program instead of what the Patriarchy is doing.

Id like to ask how these poor white women I know that have good jobs and a successful life how they got anywhere with these shadowy-figures-that-rule-the-world always trying to keep the woman down.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

by saying there is no point, you are in fact missing the point. it's delightfully recursive.

at no point have i said that a wife should never take her husband's name. on the other hand, you have said that she should--to "prove" that she "loves you." so where you got that idea is a mystery. perhaps you'd like to show me? with quotes, preferably!

nor has anyone at any point said that "asking something of a woman is inherently bad" so i'm not sure where you got that idea. certainly wasn't from here! i mean, unless you'd also like to produce some post or something that says that...

but really, i see you're just getting down into the stupid category again. assuming that "the patriarchy" is like the Evil Terrorist Organization Cobra or whatever, thinking that if there's a woman somewhere who succeeds in spite of pervasive sexism that means there is no such thing, a vast false equivalence...

it's just the same bullshit. be a little more inventive, y'know?
Necronner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is like saying because atheists believe there is no God, they are missing God. No... it doesn't work that way, Atheists believe there is no god, because to them THERE IS NO GOD.

I believe there is no problem with the woman taking the mans name, because to me THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH TAKING THE MANS NAME. Only feminists seem to have a problem that its a tradition.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and now you're shifting the goalposts! dishonesty seems to be your thing.

no, you were the one who said you expected it--because if she didn't, you wouldn't know that she really cared for you. are you dropping that now?
Necronner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever asked yourself, "is the guy moving the goalpost, or is he getting a goal every time I respond"

You are not going to win with me, I find your Feminist viewpoints as idiotic and stupid, and that wont change. Note I said YOUR feminist viewpoints. I'm a feminist myself.

As for my beliefs, I believe that women should be considered just as capable as men in intelligence, physical capability, and emotional ability. And that they should be payed the same. I dislike comics and media that shows women as idiotic and stupid, ones that make them objects just to pander to males. However i am not against them deciding to do those things willingly, I'm against girls gone wild, but not pron stars that decided to go into the business. Basically I believe women should have all the rights men have, but I not going to fight against perceived "privileges" and "patriarchs". Rather, I'd fight against real ones, like the glass ceiling and the stereotypes of women getting "back in the kitchen."

Right now, though, I'm just having fun.

Last edited by Necronner on Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow

that, just, wow

so i think we've settled the "how old are you" question. can't be more than fourteen.

good to hear you think the idea of equal rights and fair social treatment for women is "idiotic and stupid," though. i'm glad you were honest about that.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also i see that i've "won," since you've stopped actually making arguments and are just going for the old "oh yeah well i was just trolling the whole time" thing. it's always good to "win" an internet argument! your "defeat" shall be duly noted. good day!
Necronner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might wanna re-look at my post, I added a few bits.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 25 of 26

Jump to: