welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

July 7: Mind-Bam!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashland

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TragicallyUnhip wrote:
Hm.

I don't think I've seen anyone bammed with her mind, yet.

That's why it's hard to tell if it's a joke. She's so proud of herself, though. It's really hilarious but I'm not sure I'm meant to be laughing.

"I've made myself unpopular with an outrageously fickle crowd. I bet they think I'm really smart NOW."
Everyone thinks they are individuals who follow their own rules. However, man is a being of patterns. He has habits because without them he would cease to be. Though perhaps possessed of creativity, he will always be merely human.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TragicallyUnhip wrote:

I would figure that counted as bamming people with her mind.

They say they wanted ass, well. They never specified whose ass they wanted. And she gave them exactly what they were asking for. Just not in the way they wanted.

Which is quick thinking, and witty. Thus, bamming them with her mind.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
TragicallyUnhip wrote:

They say they wanted ass, well. They never specified whose ass they wanted. And she gave them exactly what they were asking for. Just not in the way they wanted.

Okay. Fair point. I don't think it was that witty, but it was using her mind to bam a group of people who wanted ass, if only because she had to think of it to do it.
Everyone thinks they are individuals who follow their own rules. However, man is a being of patterns. He has habits because without them he would cease to be. Though perhaps possessed of creativity, he will always be merely human.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Witty might not have exactly been the word I was thinking of. But, eh.... You get what I mean either way, so. I guess it doesn't really matter that much.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
Witty might not have exactly been the word I was thinking of. But, eh.... You get what I mean either way, so. I guess it doesn't really matter that much.

Quick witted fits.

But of course ashland and tragicallyunhip don't like it....it isnt eye candy for them.
Lich Mong

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this one.

Sexist or feminist, I hope most people can agree confident 'Nique was much better than mopey 'Nique.

You can't form a good personal philosophy around the negation of a belief, but in the affirmation of one. I hope this is the start of gender-neural 'Nique's direction. My first post/complaint on the forums was that she did not adequately compare and contrast her new and old life and decide her new life was a better fit for her.

This seems like the start of that progression, and the return of 'Nique's confidence. I hope it continues.
Kylra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes you gotta tear down the old to be able to put up the new.
TragicallyUnhip

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashland wrote:
Miss Magenta wrote:
TragicallyUnhip wrote:

Okay. Fair point. I don't think it was that witty, but it was using her mind to bam a group of people who wanted ass, if only because she had to think of it to do it.

So she turns off her audience and makes them run in disgust. At themselves, or whatever it doesn't matter. Is this the same "bam?" Or is it even a "bam" in that sense? Also, if that's the way it is, then Slick is an awfully good sport, here to do this for Monique. That's actually a very friendly act on his part, to do that onstage at a bunch of drooling guys. And he did it just out of friendship for the girl he still grooves on, despite being shot down at absolutely every turn.
TragicallyUnhip

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lich Mong wrote:
I really like this one.

Sexist or feminist, I hope most people can agree confident 'Nique was much better than mopey 'Nique.

You can't form a good personal philosophy around the negation of a belief, but in the affirmation of one. I hope this is the start of gender-neural 'Nique's direction. My first post/complaint on the forums was that she did not adequately compare and contrast her new and old life and decide her new life was a better fit for her.

This seems like the start of that progression, and the return of 'Nique's confidence. I hope it continues.

Is it real self-confidence, or is it just grabbing onto the next group for approval? A lot of so-called revelation is just jumping from one co-dependency to another. Is the Monique we see here the authentic article, or just another mask she puts on to get approval from the anti-Patriarchs? Is this gender neutral look something that stems from within, or merely another costume that marks her as a member of Glossy's tribe? In my view, a truly self-actualizing person (as we used to call them) would not be concerned about appearance at all, only what they themselves like.

Just questions. No answers - this is art, after all. And frankly, I am more sure than ever that Tat has no clear idea where he's going with this from month to month and at times even from strip to strip. He does make a mean image, though, Protagonist's fists clenched. Camera angle from below, piercing gaze on the horizon. Powerful. Seen it in all the best comics.

Last edited by TragicallyUnhip on Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you understand how ridiculous it sounds when you claim someone might take on an active feminist outlook in order to better "fit in"?

Frankly, having a pro-feminist agenda opens you up to far more ridicule and dismissal even as a man, than hurr hurr hurring like one of the boys does. Expressing pro feminist ideals as a woman opens you up to abuse ridicule and occasionally threats.
TragicallyUnhip

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Do you understand how ridiculous it sounds when you claim someone might take on an active feminist outlook in order to better "fit in"?

Frankly, having a pro-feminist agenda opens you up to far more ridicule and dismissal even as a man, than hurr hurr hurring like one of the boys does. Expressing pro feminist ideals as a woman opens you up to abuse ridicule and occasionally threats.

If you say so.

But I have seen people take on the most absurd outward appearances, costumes, beliefs and orthodoxies as the result of their conversion to this or that group, religion or posse, even when their close friends knew it was crazy and they let themselves in for all kinds of abuse and, yes, even threats. A close friend of mine was sincerely converted to Mormonism back when we were young. I know it was, in his case, part of his personal spiritual longing to fit in. He let himself in for -- well, use your imagination. Religions, cults, comic conventions and theater groups, even the most absurd ones, thrive on this. I'm just saying it's very human. I question whether we're seeing an authentic person, here.

Just a question.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, weren't you the one who was leaving forever?
Kylra

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TragicallyUnhip wrote:
Is it real self-confidence, or is it just grabbing onto the next group for approval?

Look at yours posts about how much you like Monique's new look. Look at all the men posting in all these threads saying they do not like Monique's look. Then look at this question you asked again.

I'm rolling over here.
Quote:
And frankly, I am more sure than ever that Tat has no clear idea where he's going with this from month to month and at times even from strip to strip.

This too. Everything he is doing makes 100% perfect sense as a pattern to me.
daveshan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Monique is still using mascara, though.

EDIT: I think Tat's playing around. He has a big picture in mind, but the smaller details elude him. I'd still like to hear a Fuchsia backstory.
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you fucking idiots
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: