welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

7/8/12 I just love the smell of napalm on a painting
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daveshan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: 7/8/12 I just love the smell of napalm on a painting Reply with quote

Fuchsia-centric strips coming up. Our favorite sweet devil girl is gonna have to own up and face down what she's done soon.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

niiiiice
Holocauxt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully she can save herself instead of Crim coming to save her like last time...

...buuut, meh, who knows for sure.
Opinions are like ass holes: everybody has them. Sometimes they're clean... sometimes they stink... and sometimes they're just full of shit. But if you love shoving yours up on other people's faces, then you're a fucking whore.
Mellifluous

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of us have pasts that haunt us.

And if you believe in reincarnation, you may have a few pasts to haunt you.
leutchi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After holding out on this for a while, I'm glad we're getting further on this storyline Smile
Skittles

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holocauxt wrote:
Hopefully she can save herself instead of Crim coming to save her like last time...

...buuut, meh, who knows for sure.

I don't think Crim can save her this time. It would seem she's not entirely free of her past. If anything, Crim will come to her support, but as only that much, support.

that or the comic's interpretation is much more literal and then Tat only know.
Adyon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well all these comics have been about characters having to stand up for themselves. So I agree Crim will probably be there to support, but it's going to be up to her.

I think Fuchsia is my favorite overall story-line though. It's a very powerful one. This page was particularly amazing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Between Sinfest and Homestuck, horned humanoids are the best webcomic characters.

I love where this arc is going.
Yinello

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Own up"? Sheesh Daveshan, you make it sound like Fuchsia's done something terrible. Careful with the wording there.

It's very interesting to see Fuchsia's fear and I think it would be interesting for her to face them and to close her past. But I can see why it's so scary for her. This won't be easy.
Dawn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: 7/8/12 I just love the smell of napalm on a painting Reply with quote

daveshan wrote:

Fuchsia-centric strips coming up. Our favorite sweet devil girl is gonna have to own up and face down what she's done soon.

I don't quite like the way you phrased that. 'Own up', like she's denying she did anything wrong. She never denied anything. In the earlier comics She knew she was doing bad things, the devil and blue did their best to change her back, but they couldn't. She wanted to change. She wanted to be good. She did good and comforting things for the damned souls she used to torture, she even owned a squishy toy pitchfork.

Also, from the context of your post, calling her 'favourite sweet devil girl', sounds like sarcasm as well.

That is just my interpretation of what you said. It is more difficult to figure out nuances in posts.

I apologize if I am completely wrong in interpreting what you said. The words 'Own up' simply rubs me the wrong way.

Teacher: Come on, own up. Who put thumbtacks all over my chair?
Class: *silence*
Teacher: I will punish the whole class if nobody owns up to what they did. Do you want that?!

What's done is done. Atonement and doing whatever 'good' is in Sinfest is another thing. Learning to live with one's past is never easy, accepting it and forgiving oneself near impossible.

We don't know anything about her past though. There will be some strength in there which may help her come to terms with everything - then there is the devil who wants her back. It'll be near impossible figuring out whether it is a real flashback or he is actually there - due to the nature of Sinfest though.
Yinello

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a case of poor wording. xP

I wonder how Fuchsia will handle this though. And how Crim will help. Will she try to face the Devil and tell him she never wants to come back? Would the Devil accept this? Will she go into hiding first until she realizes there's no point?
Motorcycle

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with most people's assesment: that the only way Criminy can "save" her this time is by being there to support her. This is HER fight & she has to win it. Granted, having a loved one that watches your back & believes in you no matter what is a POWERFUL assest. This could have the potential to be a great over reaching arc involving almost every char. Nique has been supportive of Fuscia even when she was a devil girl & it'd be kinda cool to see Slick & Squig helpin out simply because Criminy is their bro; not caring who she used to be or what she has done. (Of course then they'd be all crass to Criminy as is standard for them, but in a good ribbing kinda way.) God might actually make an appearance & DO something for once, but I'd put more faith in Buddha & the Dragon giving some wise, take a 3rd option advice.
Giza

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This reminds me of how a lot of religious people I have talked to feel about hell. Many of them are afraid to even question the beliefs they have simply because of the fear of eternal damnation they will receive if they change their mind and are wrong in the end. I have seen people struggle with thoughts like these and emotional outbursts that come with them and it can be really painful.

I feel more sorry for Fuchsia in this strip than I have felt any emotion for any of the characters in this comic so far.
Ookamo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, I hope this isn't a symptom of her dark side coming to the surface and leading her back. If this arcs in that direction, it would depress me.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strips like this one are the ones that make me read sinfest. Please, more like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: