welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

7/8/12 I just love the smell of napalm on a painting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SA_Penguin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LarsenSan wrote:
Strips like this one are the ones that make me read sinfest. Please, more like this.

Put the Fuschia / Criminy arc in a book, and I'll buy it.

BUT - I'd want color, preferably including the strips that have been "colorised" by fans and posted on the forum.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last panel, only one side of the "book fort" remains.

At last will we see it down?.
Ronald

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notice that The Devil hasn't only not actually gone looking for her yet, he hasn't even sent Blue out for a second "search." Heck, he didn't even SEND Blue on the first search, she ANNOUNCED she was going to look for Fuchsia and he was basically "yeah, sure, good initiative on your part, be sure to keep your head in the game, good luck or whatever."

The Devil may not even care one way or the other that Fuchsia's gone. Nagging her to do her (literally) damned job was probably starting to get on his nerves, and he's already acquired TWO new employees to handle her duties (maybe that's where "Russet"'s been all this time, stabbing souls in Hell, while Lime's upstairs on hang-around-looking-sexy duty).

Maybe Lime will soon be promoted to Booth Babe. That'll probably be fun.

===

Okay, Fuchsia spent however many years in the bowels of Hell inflicting (literally) searing stab wounds upon people who were already screaming in agony because they were for all intent and purpose burning alive.

Seriously, think about it for a few seconds. That's the "reality" of what her painting depicts. Okay, yeah, according to the belief system which set the parameters of such a work environment (OSLT), that's simply part of her and Blue's job, to punish people God has designated "deserving" of such punishment, but she and Blue didn't find to be simply a tedious let alone unpleasant chore, they ENJOYED it. It's only a relatively recent development that it even started BOTHERING Fuchsia a little.

She's been away from that environment for a few days and now she's losing her grip on sanity.

Hm.

Serious thinking may now DE-commence. Thank you for your cooperation, if any. Wink
Ronald

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holocauxt wrote:
Hopefully she can save herself instead of Crim coming to save her like last time...

Learning to save yourself is the second greatest love of all.

Or something like that.
Mindslicer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panel 9: Powerful depiction of fear right there. Fear of the devil (natch), but also fear that she'll have no choice but to obey him.

Hold me.
Flavius Maximus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaking your head at the Devil has got to be one of the Bravest things that a body can do Wink
daveshan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 7/8/12 I just love the smell of napalm on a painting Reply with quote

Dawn wrote:
daveshan wrote:

Fuchsia-centric strips coming up. Our favorite sweet devil girl is gonna have to own up and face down what she's done soon.

I don't quite like the way you phrased that. 'Own up', like she's denying she did anything wrong. She never denied anything. In the earlier comics She knew she was doing bad things, the devil and blue did their best to change her back, but they couldn't. She wanted to change. She wanted to be good. She did good and comforting things for the damned souls she used to torture, she even owned a squishy toy pitchfork.

http://sinfest.net/comikaze/comics/2011-12-02.gif
http://sinfest.net/comikaze/comics/2011-12-28.gif

Also, from the context of your post, calling her 'favourite sweet devil girl', sounds like sarcasm as well.

That is just my interpretation of what you said. It is more difficult to figure out nuances in posts.

I apologize if I am completely wrong in interpreting what you said. The words 'Own up' simply rubs me the wrong way.

Teacher: Come on, own up. Who put thumbtacks all over my chair?
Class: *silence*
Teacher: I will punish the whole class if nobody owns up to what they did. Do you want that?!

What's done is done. Atonement and doing whatever 'good' is in Sinfest is another thing. Learning to live with one's past is never easy, accepting it and forgiving oneself near impossible.

We don't know anything about her past though. There will be some strength in there which may help her come to terms with everything - then there is the devil who wants her back. It'll be near impossible figuring out whether it is a real flashback or he is actually there - due to the nature of Sinfest though.

Actually, you got the wording of 'own up' 100% correct. As we saw earlier this week, Fuchsia still has a lot of bottled-up internal pain from the torment she caused others from before she met Crim. And, clearly, she's trying to keep it bottled-up if she won't even try to talk about it and is subconsciously painting it. So, yeah. She's going to have to say, out loud, what she's done and then face down Satan if he tries to take her back.

As for the 'favorite sweet devil girl,' don't take that seriously. It was just a little nickname for Fuchsia.

@Everyone who doesn't want Crim to save Fuchsia: I have no problem with him doing that. We've all seen lots of stories where a girl saves an emotionally crippled boy from a life of sin by using the power of love, it'd be a nice subversion of the trope if a boy saved a girl this time.
Necronner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I do's it, Im gonna get a wippin...

If I do's it....

[Prediction] Glossy comes in, does her "FEMINISM!" Marie Sueism and leaves, storyline magically resolved.[/prediction]

I DO'S IT!!!
Vancha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can take the girl out of hell...
Yinello

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you're obsessed with Glossy and feminism but we're capable of talking about other things as well.

Like how Fuchsia should totally paint pointillism.
daveshan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
I know you're obsessed with Glossy and feminism but we're capable of talking about other things as well.

Like how Fuchsia should totally paint pointillism.

Pssh. Fauvism is where she'd shine.
Mr. Chicken

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im wondering if its her past that is haunting her or her devil girl nature that wants to take over her.

Also, i think i had a mini heart attack or something like that as my eyes went from panel 11 to 15. anyone else did?

Yinello: My hole being agrees with you, she should totally paint pointillism.
Pint

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is her past haunting her..

The comic is saved as Post Traumatic Stress (My computer loads super slow sometimes and it popped up before the image). I've actually been doing a ton of research on the subject and really like how Tat incorporated it into the strip.
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Chicken wrote:
Im wondering if its her past that is haunting her or her devil girl nature that wants to take over her.
I'm inclined to believe the former, but the latter makes for good storytelling too. Tough call.

Mr. Chicken wrote:
Also, i think i had a mini heart attack or something like that as my eyes went from panel 11 to 15. anyone else did?
Definitely. Also, felt very cold inside from panels 5 through 10.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My question is did she - herself - paint the portrait of herself torturing the damned or did some supernatural force do that? I ask because though she starts off painting a tree in the first two panels but at the same time... it seems that nothing before panel 16 actually happened so I'm just... confused as to whether or not she was truly painting that tree, or if she was simply imagining that she was....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: