welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(07/21/12) Asked and Answered
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KDX

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: (07/21/12) Asked and Answered Reply with quote

Simple answer. No.
Lich Mong

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will women ever change?

Well PEOPLE ever change?

(yes, they do all the time)
Flavius Maximus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try to change underwear at least once a week

but maybe that isn't what you are talking about

The first line was an attempt at humor (not a true statement -- really) Wink
Motorcycle

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay. More male bashing. Rolling Eyes Well now apparently Tat is saying that men are scum & all women are perfect beings. I am growing weary of the heavy handedness of the whole feminism plot. I just wish he'd have a lighter touch instead of feeling like I'm being hit with it like someone just slugged me with a phone book.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

where does the comic say that all men are scum and all women are perfect beings
Homeslice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motorcycle wrote:
Yay. More male bashing. Rolling Eyes Well now apparently Tat is saying that men are scum & all women are perfect beings. I am growing weary of the heavy handedness of the whole feminism plot. I just wish he'd have a lighter touch instead of feeling like I'm being hit with it like someone just slugged me with a phone book.

I'm not exactly seeing that.
Motorcycle

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole feminism arc has been telling us in nearly every strip of it how everything is Man's fault & how only the Women do anything good. Which simply is not the case. Also none of the females are being held accountable nor the males being given what credit they are due. Granted, ALOT of the males of the strip don't have much, but they do have some.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

examples of that please?

i can think of a couple counterexamples, like Slick and Squig at least starting to consider what Glossy et al are saying, before they start trying to rationalize it away

which is a damn sight better than a lot of posters here...
Lich Mong

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flavius Maximus wrote:
I try to change underwear at least once a week
but maybe that isn't what you are talking about
The first line was an attempt at humor (not a true statement -- really) Wink

Wait... so you DON'T change your underwear at least once a week? Shocked
Motorcycle

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Examples of which one, Shadowcell? I just got off work so a bit tired & fuzzy thinkin. & yes Squig & Slick considering have been some points in their favor. With Squig actually contemplating it moreso than Slick.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The whole feminism arc has been telling us in nearly every strip of it how everything is Man's fault & how only the Women do anything good.

examples of that.

also, how exactly are they supposed to be "held accountable"? held accountable to what? held accountable by whom?
Hydra

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This week on "Bitching about things and not doing anything about it..."

Come on.

Be proactive.

Dump.
Ban.
Rev up dat chain saw.
Do ANYTHING AT ALL.

In that order.

Why is proactivity and ambition so rare these days? I ain't talking bout starting up a business or wanting to help some kids in Africa. Where is the sort of ambition that drove men to conquer continents? Why is that not present in modern society?
Motorcycle

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got me on the held accountable. One can't exactly be held accountable. What I'm trying to say is how the males seem to be targeted because of what they have done & the way they have been. Only fair that the women do to. Monigue started her change thanks to Hell pointing out just all the work she had done for them. That doesn't change the fact that she DID tease men on purpose & for her own amusement which everyone is just glossing over. Fuscia, one of my favorite chars, spent who knows how long tempting & torturing before she realised she didn't have to.

My main point is that people, both men & women, are people. They have their good points & their bad points. But pretty much the strip is implying that anyone male has no good points. Slick is pretty much a sexist bastard, but he is also a true friend, cares deeply for Monique & has always supported her. Squig is a pig both literally & figuratively, but he listens, tries & will sae his friends even though he's scared out of his mind. Seymor, he's tried to help Pebbles as best he can. Criminy is well, Criminy.
crayven

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What i don't get is, why do they even want men to change?
First of all we got this comic:
with its ending line that pretty much says : "you men stay the fuck away from us".
And now they want men to change...why?
We already established that tricycle girl wants nothing to do with men and since all the girls in the latest comic have either "the patriatrix" code or similar signs of feminism inffluence it is safe to assume they think the same.

Also isn't this a cause for couple break-ups?
The wrong notion that women can "change" men and they keep staying into bad relationships, even abussive ones in hopes of "changing" him?
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Motorcycle - you're forgetting the likes of Jesus and Buddha (or at least Jesus) who are pretty much always held up as exemplars, even if nobody winds up following their example. but Crim has always been held up as a good person, never really caught up in all this Patriarchy stuff. Squig and Slick get picked on because they represent all those bad things that all too many men do, and if the point is to get across the message that all too many men do harmful things that perpetuate an unfair social order, punishing the women for it is rather counterproductive.

but either way what exactly is "held accountable" supposed to mean for 'Nique? like, 'Nique gets sent to hell or something?

and wow crayven you missed the point of that comic. it's criticizing all those laws about contraception that people like Seymour support and how people like Seymour seem to think it's okay for them to pass laws about what a woman can do with her uterus.

then again, you really haven't established any of what you said you established so that's not really a surprise...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: