welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012-07-22: Contract
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dawn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew she was going to do a soul audit!

However...

Tat, only you know what you've done to believe you deserve this sort of regret. Based on your strips, I get the feeling that you've been working extra hard for a long time to atone for whatever you've done. I may or may not be right, but today's strip though has the undercurrent of 'the past caught up, the past can neither be forgotten or erased, nor can forgiveness be earned'.

You're still awesome in my book based on the few resistance posts you've written and your comics in general. In real life though, I concur with joandark, maybe seek some help, professional or not, a friend who is willing to listen, an old professor or lecturer you were friendly with, etc.

One thing. If (and I'm pretty sure you do) you do read the forums, know that such people will always exist and there's not much we can do about it. They are likely at the age where change is impossible to difficult to say the least. The best we can as adults is to ensure we educate the young.... (and yeah, looking at today's kids, it's pretty sick the way many of their minds work)

If atonement is what you seek, I point you to Himura Kenshin.

My best wishes go to you, Tat.
Holocauxt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhh... yeah, Tat. Your webcomic was (and still is) called "SINFEST" for a reason, y'know.

Kinda too late to feel guilty about all that now, ain't it?

What's atonement for, when you sacrifice fun, then heap on the drama in exchange?

Should've just enjoyed them fame, fortune and fangirls, if you ask me.

Wait... wait... maybe this is just your sarcasm talking... Yeah, I'm just hoping it is...
Opinions are like ass holes: everybody has them. Sometimes they're clean... sometimes they stink... and sometimes they're just full of shit. But if you love shoving yours up on other people's faces, then you're a fucking whore.
Halen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude... Wtf
asym

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's dark today. Dark is good!

My actual only concern about how things have been going lately is that almost all the female characters are now enlightened and wise and strong and just nearly perfect. Only the boys get to be screwed up and flawed these days.

The pedestal is sexist, too. It's just as restricting. It's starting to make me itch. Let us be human!

(And the feminist underground? Not only are they superhuman, they're prepubescent so they get to be treated as asexual, which sidesteps a whole swath of issues with, you know, having to treat them as human. But, I'm patiently waiting to get through this didactic phase to what's next. 'Nique, for example, may have retired her maneating ways, but she's not prepubescent and she can't have given up boys for life. How will a more mature 'Nique handle her love life?)
Yinello

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol at some people. 'He's criticizing himself, he needs help!' Just because Tat is looking at his old art in a different light doesn't mean he's a wrist slicing emo.

I definitely agree with Vancore that I like how Tat isn't afraid to breach any kind of topic and I respect him for that. People are so eager to judge, there's no point in being afraid of it. Tat is bringing interesting topics to the table and we shouldn't be worried about him for bringing it up, but for our society for having these dark topics in the first place.
tidan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its only natural for us to change over time, to grow. We get new perspectives and so can see ourselves in new light... like watching footage of us as toddlers, selfishly taking our brothers juice away from them... we can only but cringe.

With Tat, his 'footage' is up for all to see...

This period of self reflection is no more than artistic cringe. Its healthier than if he didn't have it, as if he didn't have the cringe, it would mean he hadn't grown.

What would be healthier still is if he came to accept its in the past.
as in"I accept i was a toddler when i stole that juice, but i've grown now." Ain't no shame in that.
Adyon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's seriously hilarious watching people read into this that Tat is brimming with self-hatred, because he made his character a part of the story. This is the saddest example of people being clueless yet.

Estranged wrote:
He really needs professional help to accept his own sexuality.

Tat has engaged in feminist self-loathing and self-bashing, and it's not the first time he devotes big coloured pages to do it.

However... no amount of self-hate will be enough, Tat. There's only one solution for all men: to cut off our evil raping penises.

GTFO. =P

No, Tat seems to not have this self hate at all. He's very introspective, but he doesn't seem to dislike himself in the least. In fact, we'd say from what you've posted, you're the one who hates themselves, while blaming women for your problems. So, maybe it's the other way around, and Tat's not the one who needs to figure out something. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so we're all clear, me and Tat are boyfriend and boyfriend, and he's totally fine, he just writing and drawing comics about things he thinks of or feels like he's been doing all along, please fire your cries of 'you need a doctor!' out of your goopy dickholes.

Come on, Estranged, he needs professional help to accept his own sexuality? You need professional help to accept that you're an absolute fucking sperg.

BREAKING NEWS: CARTOONIST IS INTROSPECTIVE.
Halen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Introspective, or self-flagellating?
Halen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not masturbating.

Tat, I mean. Not me. Or me. OR TAT.

I'm leaving now.
crayven

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estranged wrote:
The truly scary thing is he really believes he's doing the right thing now, zealously fighting the good fight. Idealists believing in a noble mission naturally turn out to bring the biggest amount of harm. The devil works in an ironic way.

What i also find funny is that he thinks that his previous ( quite humorous unlike today's ) strips were abound "sexism" and all that garble.
It's not a "contract" you signed , Tat for fame and fortune. The "fame and fortune" came BECAUSE you were genuinely FUNNY.
Now you're just bloody preaching.
crayven

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktern wrote:
you know, something kinda occurred to me. until the sisterhood popped up (and in their case, they didn't start out this way) nobody in this comic could be considered a halfway decent role model, and honestly, this whole time i've thought that was the point

slick's a chauvinist ass, squig's... well... a pig in every sense, 'nique was self-centered and kinda manipulative, etc.

(they're all likeable, of course, but that's a different matter. you can like them while knowing they're completely wrong--seymour is one of the most blatant examples)

given that, though, shouldn't the characters' previous actions be seen under this lens and consequently not be such a source of apparent regret for tat? the characters were supposed to be flawed from the start, their actions and attitude were supposed to be offensive and terrible. isn't that why it's called sinfest?

what the hell is he beating himself up for?

hh...this post - me likey O.o
Very well put really. ( no sarcasm )
LarsenSan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this is how I feel about Tat:

crayven

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LarsenSan wrote:
And this is how I feel about Tat:

Sure hope the latter . Sad
I really enjoyed earlier strips.
Wingcap

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. Guess that's where we're getting all the feminist/etc strips lately. You cannot escape the Devil! Ever!

Also, I laughed at that silly car in panel 3. I love how he still does his cars like that.

Also stop going to town over people's interpretations of the comic. Kthnxbai.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: