welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012-07-22: Contract
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mizike

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halen wrote:
Dude... Wtf

I should really know better than to read the mouth breather forum.
Estranged

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adyon wrote:
Yeah, it's seriously hilarious watching people read into this that Tat is brimming with self-hatred, because he made his character a part of the story. This is the saddest example of people being clueless yet.

Estranged wrote:
He really needs professional help to accept his own sexuality.

Tat has engaged in feminist self-loathing and self-bashing, and it's not the first time he devotes big coloured pages to do it.

However... no amount of self-hate will be enough, Tat. There's only one solution for all men: to cut off our evil raping penises.

GTFO. =P

No, Tat seems to not have this self hate at all. He's very introspective, but he doesn't seem to dislike himself in the least. In fact, we'd say from what you've posted, you're the one who hates themselves, while blaming women for your problems. So, maybe it's the other way around, and Tat's not the one who needs to figure out something. Wink

Adyon, since you speak for Tat, and given your artistic background and biography, I would suspect that you are Tat in disguise?

I don't blame anyone for my problems. Blaming the other gender is feminist specialty. Normal humans, male and female, just recognize the sexual reality for what it is.
Some of them, male and female, abuse the biological power imbalance in their favour. Some try to be fair.
But until one of the sexes stops carrying the biological burden of pregnancy, feminist dogma cannot achieve its goals and can only increase the sexual imbalance, instead of fixing it.

In short, guilt and blaming are feminist specialty, sorry. Your auto-response of labeling me a "bitter misogynist" is inadequate.
Mizike

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are pathological.
Sam the Eagle

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT!

Fangirls!!!; What was I to you Tat, a one night stand?.

*run in his room sobbing*

WHAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH
SA_Penguin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so long ago, there were a series of panels showing "the artist" as not knowing how to progress the story arc. Shortly after that, the Patriarchy arc began.

More than one forum entry has been about people who don't care for this arc.
It's as if we (as Blue) are walking up to him and waving a contract in his face: THIS is the type of artwork we want, and in exchange we became his fans.
Wheel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Avoid"
ratanx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I almost wonder if I should take the next year or so downloading all the old comics. I'm half expecting Tat to kill the archive (at least pre-Sisterhood shtuff) "for the good of society" or whatever.
Halen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SA_Penguin wrote:
Not so long ago, there were a series of panels showing "the artist" as not knowing how to progress the story arc. Shortly after that, the Patriarchy arc began.

It's as if we (as Blue) are walking up to him and waving a contract in his face: THIS is the type of artwork we want, and in exchange we became his fans.

Wow. That's pretty deep. It's like finding a diamond in the coalpit of this forum.
Lich Mong

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SA_Penguin wrote:

Your words ring true.

But, its also true that doing a 180 on your fans is a bad idea. But, like everyone else, Tat's got to do what he feel comfortable doing. If his mind has changed he should not be forced to force out comics he does not believe in. They'd suck anyway. A true artist has to speak from his heart and all, but right now it seems Tat's heart is torn.

He has to get himself back together.
Lich Mong

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can tell Tat's torn because "the cartoonist" is not his REAL avatar, Slick is and always will be.

Slick is the heart and soul of this comic, and he is the ONE character that has not changed or even tried to.

If this comic is to truly move on, Slick has to move on.
KDX

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lich Mong wrote:
SA_Penguin wrote:

Your words ring true.

But, its also true that doing a 180 on your fans is a bad idea. But, like everyone else, Tat's got to do what he feel comfortable doing. If his mind has changed he should not be forced to force out comics he does not believe in. They'd suck anyway. A true artist has to speak from his heart and all, but right now it seems Tat's heart is torn.

He has to get himself back together.

The sad irony is that most of the forum complaints are about other forum members hostile and inflexible positions on the whole feminism arc. I don't have to like the feminism arc, and I don't. But I LIKE Sinfest, and I know someday we'll get out of this...whatever the hell this is.

I'm a dedicated fan of Tat's work, that's NOT gonna change in the near future if ever.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This comic entry is beautiful and fantastic. Signed in blood? Fingerprinted even.

And for all you who think Tat is going to do something ridiculous like off himself, come out as some poster boy for comic writer gayness (seriously who gives a fuck about his sexuality), or wipe the archives: GET OVER YOURSELF. Through the years, Tat has shown various phases, various storylines, and various jokes and you really think an artist cannot criticize his earlier work? Cannot think about how his work has been treated? Cannot comment on his evolution of ideals and art? Should not???

It is great that it makes you think, discuss, and argue but the personal attacks on Tat are stupid. The demands for earlier days are childish.

ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it takes some guts to look back on ten years' worth of work and then look at what you're trying to say now and realize, "I was what I'm fighting against," and then make a comic about it for your vast sea of readers

so, props, Tat
crayven

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
it takes some guts to look back on ten years' worth of work and then look at what you're trying to say now and realize, "I was what I'm fighting against," and then make a comic about it for your vast sea of readers

so, props, Tat

I think the criticism is he is over-inflating a non-issue.
He wasn't - after all - doing anything wrong.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crayven wrote:
He wasn't - after all - doing anything wrong.

Oh look, it is time for popcorn!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: