welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012-07-22: Contract
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of agree with crayven. Sorry, roiling haters.

I also agree with Lasairfiona, but I can't over the strong dislike this comic makes me feel. I really don't like it, and I think Crayven's post is one of the reasons. It just makes me feel sad.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he certainly seems to think he was doing something wrong. and since he's the one who makes the comic, he would know better than we do whether stuff like the Blaxploitation Bible strip was supposed to be making fun of blaxploitation or black people.
Adyon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estranged wrote:
Adyon, since you speak for Tat, and given your artistic background and biography, I would suspect that you are Tat in disguise?
Out of all your possible responses, this was possibly the most unexpected and funny statement I could have asked for. It was delightful to read, even if the person behind the statement is .

Yeah I don't think the stuff I've drawn could be considered Tat's style at all, maybe not even feminist approved.
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/176/b/c/summertime_fun_by_adyon-d54pr6g.jpg
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/322/f/f/spider_senses_tingling_by_adyon-d4ghqg2.jpg

The rest of your response was just how I expected you to respond, and I have no more desire to debate with people so dead set on believing everything can be so easily blamed on a group. It's easy for me, because I do remember your previous posts, your stories, and you don't just have problems with feminists. You went in depth about "why" you felt the way you did, and a lot of it came down to you feeling like women had it too easy while you weren't an alpha, so it's hard for you and...etc. Either way it's funny you can bash on feminists for telling you what to do, then come on here and tell Tat what he needs to do if he wants to keep you as readers and even write bad statements about him about how self-hating he is, etc. Razz

So many people seem to overlook, Tat has indeed changed his story-telling a bit. He's not getting rid of the past. He's not going to "erase the archives". Haha. He's talking about it and making plots at his "author avatar"'s expense, because he's involved in the strip. And he's not above poking fun that his own past doesn't fit with what he's doing currently.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktern

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adyon wrote:
So many people seem to overlook, Tat has indeed changed his story-telling a bit. He's not getting rid of the past. He's not going to "erase the archives". Haha. He's talking about it and making plots at his "author avatar"'s expense, because he's involved in the strip. And he's not above poking fun that his own past doesn't fit with what he's doing currently.

"poking fun" at things isn't supposed to be depressing. could have used a little more over-the-topness with tat doing a vader NOOOOOOOO to be funny but nope you just get this sullen thing

i'm increasingly thinking that with the direction tat apparently wants to go in, he's better off ending sinfest ASAP (after wrapping up some loose ends to the plot) and starting a new series. sinfest naturally comes with the expectation of political incorrectness and moral bankruptcy, it's more or less right there in the title

if tat wants to make a darker comic with strong female leads fighting against male-dominated society (with REAL villains, not just big D who's kind of a mixed bag), or just tackle general societal issues in a more politically correct and serious manner, he's got to move on. bonus: all the people who hate that stuff can finally just stop reading
Zonedout

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO good can come of this

Remember Love others Love oneself
crayven

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktern wrote:
Adyon wrote:

"poking fun" at things isn't supposed to be depressing. could have used a little more over-the-topness with tat doing a vader NOOOOOOOO to be funny but nope you just get this sullen thing
Now THAT would have been a hilarious strip.
And the devil dressed as Sidious smiling behind him xD
Adyon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktern wrote:

I didn't really find this strip depressing. That's the thing. I think you all read too much into this to think Tat is upset with himself or in general about something and his strips are depressing. xD

And it's just that. Everyone is like, "Stop doing comics I don't like or just end the comic!" Who cares that it's free right? And your argument is he should start something you won't read instead of continuing something you still will read even if you hate it...That seems like a bad idea just from a business standpoint. Obviously you're entitled to your opinion, but he's equally entitled to ignore it and continue his comic how he pleases.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually if you really want the feminist comics to stop, from a business standpoint, the best thing to do would be to stop reading en masse, enough to make a significant dent in the website's traffic.

of course, Tat might not care, but then, he obviously doesn't care what you think already, so if you don't like Sinfest and want it to change, the only thing you can really do is stop reading it and get a whole bunch of other people to do the same.

this has the added effect of making pretty much everyone happy.
Adyon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, get the maybe 30-40 on the forums that don't like the current plot to stop reading the comic. Even though most of them just aren't happy with the arc, but aren't complaining that much. I'm sure you're going to quickly change Tat's mind! Or at least you won't be here with us having to read your comments all the time.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I was reading the strip, first thing running through my mind was, "Yay! Take that, you stupid trolls!" Then, reading though the comments, I noticed that they didn't get anything at all.

Honestly.

Click here to see my artwork!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
yummines

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ehhhhhhhhh

now im even more unsure if Tat really is a feminist or is trolling his readerbase hard.

its said that nobody really knows anything about Mr. Ishida, and im not sure if he does that cause he does not enjoy having such fame, or just likes being secretive.

i really hope he's not seriously criticizing himself though (i doubt it). those early comics like Blaxaploitation Funk Bible, Ninja Theatre, and Sinfest Nights were hilarious and really fit the title Sinfest.

also, when did Slick's shades turn into normal glasses?
bitflipper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Meddler wrote:
As I was reading the strip, first thing running through my mind was, "Yay! Take that, you stupid trolls!" Then, reading though the comments, I noticed that they didn't get anything at all.

Honestly.

Perhaps Monday's strip needs to be just a picture of a cigar?
ratanx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was kind of surprised he included the gay guy. I never thought in a million years that was Tat hating on gay men. I thought he was poking fun at Slick for being homophobic.
Wellwellwell

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lich Mong wrote:
You can tell Tat's torn because "the cartoonist" is not his REAL avatar, Slick is and always will be.
Slick is the heart and soul of this comic, and he is the ONE character that has not changed or even tried to.
If this comic is to truly move on, Slick has to move on.

Not wrong.
But for the fact that Slick has changed a lot in the last years, willingly and otherwise.

But as you may have noticed, in the past months Slick has acquired an seemingly independent deviled-shadow.
Quite paralell to the devepolpment of the sisterhood.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: