welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012-07-24: Birtheday Cake
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adyon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if he was really a "family man" just because he had a wife and kid. It wouldn't surprise me the devil would want an heir that shared his beliefs though. It's humanizing the character and hints that he may not have been ALL evil, but I think then he was still kind of shown as controlling and upset. I think his son turning out different and his wife getting upset/leaving probably just made him brood more. I think he thought God was wrong and he was right long before any of this happened.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when was it ever established that he was a 'family man'? he has been shown with a woman and a child. no evidence that they were married, no evidence that he saw it as anything other than a fling. no evidence that he ever felt any affection for the child, much evidence that he found the child lacking and dismissed him.

if this is your idea of family life, you must have had a really rotten childhood.

and of course he thinks he's right. that doesn't mean he thinks his way of doing this is 'better'. his end-goal is to get as many souls as he can to torture in hell, and he can only get them if they are willing to sin. which is pretty much defined as a bad thing, which is why you go to hell for doing it.

so yeah, he's _not_ trying to better society, and he is promoting evil.

there are a lot of beliefs i don't agree with, but i don't think they are evil. i think things that are deliberately hurtful (like torturing someone for all eternity) are evil.
Succubus1982

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: 2012-07-24: Birtheday Cake Reply with quote

Holocauxt wrote:
All I need is a date. Can I assume it's on June 6, 1996?

That would make him 16, right? Is that old enough to be employed in the sort of things he's been employed in? Then again it makes him older than he physically looks. But then again Slick physically looks 10 but clearly isn't. It's so hard to gauge ages accurately in this comic. Glossy even looks like a little kid but following the examples of the others may be much older.
Ookamo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: 2012-07-24: Birtheday Cake Reply with quote

Holocauxt wrote:
I'mma go out and throw the biggest birthday bash just for him! Everybody's invited. All I need is a date.

Three pages, and no one's come forward? Well, I'll go, but I expect you to keep your hands to yourself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: