welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012-08-05 Graduation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ember778



Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 378

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
Ember778 wrote:
Really? Are we going to take this great strip and root it back into feminism?

Screw you guys I'm just going to interpret it how I wish to.


And we're interpreting it as we wish. What's your point? Do you honestly think that we, internet strangers that post of a webcomic forum, will shut up because of your subtle post?

Debate on, my fellow forumites. Silence is an enemy of progress.


You can do what you want. I didn't say that you had to be silenced. I merely posted that I thought it was ridiculous that everything has to be about feminism.

Which is pretty much why I hate feminists. You're like the Jews. Other people have prejudice issues as well, but you guys go out of your way to bitch and moan about it. The holocaust is the most known case of genocide, yet it wasn't even the biggest genocide in WW2 let alone in history.

You have your opinion and I have my opinion. Simple as that. Neither of us are going to change the other's mind.

I however like this comic strip and if you look at panel 4 row 4, panel 1 row 5, and the last panel I don't interpret the devil to be trying to take advantage of Blue at all. I think he is showing compassion because he empathizes with Blue.

Interpret it how you want. This is how I see it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mellifluous



Joined: 27 May 2012
Posts: 100
Location: The Bedazzled Bit By the Buckle in the Bible Belt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hydra wrote:

You people are paranoid.

Also, "rape as backstory" is lazy.


Did you even read the post you were responding to, or did you just scan it, come to the word rape, and get bent out of shape?

I was using a story from real life about real people using not so subtle manipulation of emotionally vulerable women to get what they want. It's not paranoia, as it happens all the time, it's not subtle, it's not even a feminist thing, as women can and have employed the same tactic to get what they want.

It's opportunistic manipulation, and it's not so amazingly complex that young children don't know how to employ it. Fucking duh.
_________________
Flow like honey, taste like vinegar.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mellifluous



Joined: 27 May 2012
Posts: 100
Location: The Bedazzled Bit By the Buckle in the Bible Belt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ember778 wrote:
Yinello wrote:
Ember778 wrote:
Really? Are we going to take this great strip and root it back into feminism?

Screw you guys I'm just going to interpret it how I wish to.


And we're interpreting it as we wish. What's your point? Do you honestly think that we, internet strangers that post of a webcomic forum, will shut up because of your subtle post?

Debate on, my fellow forumites. Silence is an enemy of progress.


You can do what you want. I didn't say that you had to be silenced. I merely posted that I thought it was ridiculous that everything has to be about feminism.

Which is pretty much why I hate feminists. You're like the Jews. Other people have prejudice issues as well, but you guys go out of your way to bitch and moan about it. The holocaust is the most known case of genocide, yet it wasn't even the biggest genocide in WW2 let alone in history.

You have your opinion and I have my opinion. Simple as that. Neither of us are going to change the other's mind.

I however like this comic strip and if you look at panel 4 row 4, panel 1 row 5, and the last panel I don't interpret the devil to be trying to take advantage of Blue at all. I think he is showing compassion because he empathizes with Blue.

Interpret it how you want. This is how I see it.


Holy shit, you're a fucktard.
_________________
Flow like honey, taste like vinegar.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ember778



Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 378

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is your opinion. And you're totally entitled to have it.

But it really doesn't affect me in any way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mellifluous



Joined: 27 May 2012
Posts: 100
Location: The Bedazzled Bit By the Buckle in the Bible Belt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ember778 wrote:
Which is your opinion. And you're totally entitled to have it.

But it really doesn't affect me in any way.


Just sayin'. I would never think of making you change your opinion of yourself.
_________________
Flow like honey, taste like vinegar.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ember778



Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 378

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mellifluous wrote:
Ember778 wrote:
Which is your opinion. And you're totally entitled to have it.

But it really doesn't affect me in any way.


Just sayin'. I would never think of making you change your opinion of yourself.


Nah you said it to provoke. There really was no other reason. I mean it doesn't add anything to the conversation. Just serves as an inflammatory tool.

There are better ways of saying you disagree with me. You chose that one not because you're just saying, but because you wanted to provoke a different inflammatory response. On the internet we call those trolls.

But I've been on a number of boards and can see through that now. It's just not worth getting upset about.

I posted my opinion. You can disagree with it and provide your own opinion which you did. Calling me a "fucktard" doesn't really add anything to the conversation though. It just promotes more bullshit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Monkey Mcdermott



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 3276

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ember778 wrote:
Yinello wrote:
Ember778 wrote:
Really? Are we going to take this great strip and root it back into feminism?

Screw you guys I'm just going to interpret it how I wish to.


And we're interpreting it as we wish. What's your point? Do you honestly think that we, internet strangers that post of a webcomic forum, will shut up because of your subtle post?

Debate on, my fellow forumites. Silence is an enemy of progress.


You can do what you want. I didn't say that you had to be silenced. I merely posted that I thought it was ridiculous that everything has to be about feminism.

Which is pretty much why I hate feminists. You're like the Jews. Other people have prejudice issues as well, but you guys go out of your way to bitch and moan about it. The holocaust is the most known case of genocide, yet it wasn't even the biggest genocide in WW2 let alone in history.

.


My...mymymy a new one.

Well lets just get this out of the way, this post right here pretty much ensures that very very few people here are going to take your opinions on things very seriously at all. In fact you've already fallen into my contemptible piece of shit category with your backhanded slap at Jews "bitching and moaning" about the holocaust, so kindly go fuck yourself for that. Also, the fact that you think you can roll in like that and then point the finger at others for being trolls is laughable, just like you are yourself.

Laughable fat little neckbeard.

Maybe you should go post on Stormfront or something, you'll find more sympathy for your attitudes there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ember778



Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 378

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Ember778 wrote:
Yinello wrote:
Ember778 wrote:
Really? Are we going to take this great strip and root it back into feminism?

Screw you guys I'm just going to interpret it how I wish to.


And we're interpreting it as we wish. What's your point? Do you honestly think that we, internet strangers that post of a webcomic forum, will shut up because of your subtle post?

Debate on, my fellow forumites. Silence is an enemy of progress.


You can do what you want. I didn't say that you had to be silenced. I merely posted that I thought it was ridiculous that everything has to be about feminism.

Which is pretty much why I hate feminists. You're like the Jews. Other people have prejudice issues as well, but you guys go out of your way to bitch and moan about it. The holocaust is the most known case of genocide, yet it wasn't even the biggest genocide in WW2 let alone in history.

.


My...mymymy a new one.

Well lets just get this out of the way, this post right here pretty much ensures that very very few people here are going to take your opinions on things very seriously at all. In fact you've already fallen into my contemptible piece of shit category with your backhanded slap at Jews "bitching and moaning" about the holocaust, so kindly go fuck yourself for that. Also, the fact that you think you can roll in like that and then point the finger at others for being trolls is laughable, just like you are yourself.

Laughable fat little neckbeard.

Maybe you should go post on Stormfront or something, you'll find more sympathy for your attitudes there.


That's okay. I'm not looking for sympathy. I posted my opinion. You don't have to agree with it, and I've been in the background around these boards for quite a while. I know there are quite a bit of people who are feminists here and I don't expect to be popular. That isn't the point.

And you're entitled to your own opinion as well. I'm merely posting mine.

And just FWI. I'm not fat, and I shave.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Monkey Mcdermott



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 3276

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All opinions aren't created equal chief. Yours says some very uncomplimentary things about the kind of person you are.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShadowCell



Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 6023
Location: California

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh, an anti-Semite! has Sinfest ever had one of those before?

i was just gonna point out that the Devil is in fact the Devil and looking for some Freudian excuse or tragic backstory that twisted him into the monster he is today or whatever is kind of silly (and besides Milton beat you to it) but holy shit! "there are other injustices so yours don't count" is a pretty spectacular way to stand up in favor of oppression.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ember778



Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 378

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
All opinions aren't created equal chief. Yours says some very uncomplimentary things about the kind of person you are.


Opinions are opinions. Ethics are a human construct. There is no such thing as right and wrong. We all live by our own moral code which we are brainwashed into believing by our parents and society.

I am an altruistic person. I am in general what people would call nice. I can choose not to get along with a group though. The Chinese suffered 4x the amount of civilian deaths vs the Jews. Yet the Jews get all the sympathy which in turn prompted them to get Jerusalem which was stolen from the Palestinians. This was wrong in my opinion. It was stolen.

Most feminists promote female equality past the point of which most females care for. Every girlfriend I've ever had has wanted to be treated like a lady, not a man. Should women get equal pay and opportunity? Yeah they should, but look at other races like Blacks and Hispanics. They get treated unfairly too. And the most underrated prejudice is just left alone. Height. Males who are shorter get paid significantly less and are less likely to get jobs vs their taller counterparts.

Yet despite this women get affirmative action benefits and are practically untouchable. Sexual harassment suits have been taken way too far in my opinion. I knew someone who called a coworker a bitch out of office and got fired for it. Expression of opinion outside the workplace shouldn't result in termination.

The reason for all this is because feminists bitch and moan all the time. The world isn't fair for most people. And you females pursuing more rights takes away from others.

No one persons opinion is greater than another. They're just different. That's my opinion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ember778



Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 378

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
ooh, an anti-Semite! has Sinfest ever had one of those before?

i was just gonna point out that the Devil is in fact the Devil and looking for some Freudian excuse or tragic backstory that twisted him into the monster he is today or whatever is kind of silly (and besides Milton beat you to it) but holy shit! "there are other injustices so yours don't count" is a pretty spectacular way to stand up in favor of oppression.


I'm not antisemitic. I'm anti-bullshit. I have Jewish friends. I just don't like the way they represent themselves as a whole.

Allowing special treatment is just another type of oppression.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShadowCell



Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 6023
Location: California

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, the "i'm not racist! i have ____ friends!" excuse.

you aren't anti-bullshit, otherwise you wouldn't have mouthed the usual MRA lies about how "feminists are out to take away our rights" and "women are already equal so who cares" and "nobody i know supports feminism" and "there are other people who are oppressed so that means you can't speak up when you are."

and then, my favorite part, you try to say that height is actually the worst prejudice of all.

you are not nice. you are not anti-bullshit. you are not altruistic. you are just another one of those mouth-breathing bigoted assclowns who infests the Internet and thinks that since "ethics is a human construct," that means it's okay for you to speak up in favor of oppression by shouting people down with empty platitudes.

if that's wrong, then, like everything else you said, feel free to prove it.

and no, the girlfriends and friends you claim you have don't count. there's more to the world than just the people you choose to interact with.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ember778



Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 378

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
ah, the "i'm not racist! i have ____ friends!" excuse.

you aren't anti-bullshit, otherwise you wouldn't have mouthed the usual lies about how "feminists are out to take away our rights" and "women are already equal so who cares" and "nobody i know supports feminism."

and then, my favorite part, you try to say that height is actually the worst prejudice of all.

you are not nice. you are not anti-bullshit. you are not altruistic. you are just another one of those mouth-breathing bigoted assclowns who infests the Internet and thinks that since "ethics is a human construct," that means it's okay for you to speak up in favor of oppression by shouting people down with empty platitudes.

if that's wrong, then, like everything else you said, feel free to prove it.


I don't have to prove it. It's my opinion. I'm merely expressing it as I've stated multiple times. I'm not attempting to change anyone else's opinion. Just state my own and the reasoning behind it.

You don't know me. You never will. Your opinion of me means absolutely nothing. Attacks on me are pointless. It doesn't add anything. If you disagree why do you have to add inflammatory responses to prove your point. It doesn't actually add anything of substance. It just makes you look like an angry person.

You favor oppression as well, just a different type.

Also empty platitudes is redundant. It's like saying irregardless.


Last edited by Ember778 on Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShadowCell



Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 6023
Location: California

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and lest it be forgotten, Ember, you were the one who brought up feminism.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 2 of 16

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group